Social Media

MyTwoCents: CLIO Gelpresso Waterproof Shadow & Etude House Play 101 Pencil

Korean makeup products are not really my thing, mainly because of its price here in Malaysia. Not that they're extremely pricey, but it costs way much lesser in Korea...so why pay more?

Although I prefer American/western makeup style and products, I'm not saying I don't like Korean makeup cz they have some pretty awesome (and cheap, in Korea) stuff too! So when Yen Shan told me she got me some during her recent 21 days trip in Korea, I was exciiiiiited!

when we met up last month


She stuffed the products into the reindeer socks ala Christmas haha She's good with things like that :D I asked, "Where's the other side of the socks? Should've gave it to me too so I can wear...wait, is the other side with like a guy? *smirks*" hahahaha No, it's with a girl and I'm no lesbo :P

CLIO Gelpresso Waterproof Shadow

The CLIO Gelpresso Waterproof Shadow is a waterproof gel eyeshadow in stick form. The jumbo sticks are given a twist! It is of gel formula, waterproof and has a twist-up mechanism (no sharpening required).

These eyeshadow sticks provide a creamy-smooth pigmented application, which I love! You probably only need two swipes to get an intense, even colour.

I tried it twice without primer to test its application and staying power. I'm surprised that it sets really nicely and last for hours without creasing... just like how regular eyeshadows would hold with primer applied! The staying power reminds me of the Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in the sense it just doesn't budge and takes some effort to remove even with makeup remover.

Only thing I didn't like was the marks it left on the rim after application, it's messy which I'm quite particular about. But I'll just have to clean it after application..so it's not a big problem.

They're priced at $19.90 (Watsons, Singapore) per stick, approx. RM50. Not available in Malaysia, the last I checked (12/2/2015).

no.5 Bottoms Up, no.7 Hot in Here, no.8 Feeling High

Korean products have their own identity- funny names which are either grammatically wrong or random like these rather ratchet ones, no doubt creative! It comes in 8 colours.

no.5 Bottoms Up is a warm hazelnut brown

no.7 Hot in Here is a taupe with a hint of purple which can make it lean towards maroon

no.8 Feeling High is a light gold

*they're all foiled/satiny

Etude House Play 101 Pencil

The Etude House Play 101 Pencil comes in plenty of colours, formulas and uses! 50 variations, to be exact! I know, craaaaazy...I wanted to buy some before it reached our shores. But when it did, I found out it costs RM39.90 per pencil! I became reluctant lol

Etude House has really done well with the creation of these pencils as they can be used as eyeliner, eyeshadow, brow pencil, blusher, highlighter and lip colour. The formulas come in creamy, matte, glossy, shimmer and glitter. Take your pick!

no. 5

This particular one I have isn't smudge-proof at all. One gentle rub and it'll come off..so primer is definitely needed for this. I didn't like this cz its glitter flakes are hugeeee. Very nice effect, but I personally don't like having glitter bits around my eyes. Application is smooth and pigmented, Rebecca would love this!

no. 5 is a very glittery champagne

(natural lighting)

(under light)

I haven't played around much with all the products, but I've been using Clio's no.8 Feeling High these days.
Here's how I usually use it:
Feeling High (entire lid)
*Sixth (outer V)
*Third (crease/blend)
*Second (inner half of lower lid)
*Seventh (outer half of lower lid)
** Glowy white (inner corner)

("*" are colours from LORAC Skinny Palette in Nude)
("**" is a colour from NYX The Smokey Shadow Palette


(using camera's beauty mode for the first time) :/

I'm trying to pause from buying makeup products cz I really don't need a lot (not a beauty guru or heavy makeup wearer) and I have things to save for...so it's a nice feeling to receive some! hehehe Thanks, Yen Shan!


What's your favourite Korean product?

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD