Social Media

Cycling at Putrajaya Botanical Garden

Helloooooooo weeeeeekendddddddd!!

Sorry for the slight over excitement. It's been a stress-inducing week and I'm just glad it's over.

Last week I had a sudden stress and anxiety attack, thinking about the test and assignments due this week. It's not like it's unaccomplishable, I don't know why my brain took it so hard.

Almost had a meltdown a couple times, but I refrained from crying cz there's no reason to cry, my brain just wanted me too :/ Anyway, thanks to Tom's company and my friends' support and Suren's satay supper treat, I'm all right :)

I'm glad I managed to finish my 10-page essay though I had to give the voluntary work at Hari UNESCO a miss. The presentation of the same topic went better than expected! I was left to do it on my own instead of having a China man partner, but all is well cz I aced it! Lecturer even asked me to leave my PowerPoint slides for my coursemates hehehe

To celebrate, I wanted to go cycling!! But I guess that's not gonna happen cz everyone is busy busy this weekend and Putrajaya is way too far :'( So I guess, I'll just have to reminisce here on my blog.

Tom, Moose, Naresh, Tim, Gup

Rewind back to a month ago, I finally finally finally got my chance to cycle! Random LIMA friends outing to the Putrajaya Botanical Garden on a Saturday cz well, I wanted to cycle!

Believe it or not, but the last time I cycled was over 5 years ago! I always say I love cycling, so it might come as a surprise that I haven't cycled in so long. Reason is, I don't have a bicycle. As much as I want to get one, I'm financially tight and I won't have a place to store it.

So yes, bike rental is the way to go! At RM4 per hour, you can rent a bicycle too!
[UPDATE 13 August 2017: Rates have changed to RM10 (myKad holders), RM12 (non-myKad)]

Make sure you're early though, cz they might run out of bicycles to rent and you'll have to wait. Thanks to the guys, they quickly snagged two bicycles for Gup and I who were late. Sorry about that, guys.


The park was really beautiful! There's a huge lake where you can paddle boat too! It's just really nice to see wide open spaces that's clean and well-groomed. You can even see the PM's residence from there! I think it's his house lah, not too sure though lolol




spot the paddle boats!

uphill

Cycling uphill after not cycling for such a long time was really sweat-breaking and heart-racing, man! hahaha Thankfully, my bicycle had a working gear which I can switch in order to ease my cycling uphill. Phew! No doubt, the guys had better stamina and reached the top in the blink of an eye.


My dad mentioned that once you know how to cycle, you'll always know how to cycle. And I guess that's true! Cz I could!!!! Woohoo! I was very unstable in the beginning though, and it didn't help that the starting point (from the bike rental place to the park) was downhill. Gup was in the same situation as I was, both braking and shrieking as we went downhill hahahaha

I managed to stabilize myself after a bit hehe Oh and what's my problem other than being unstable?...having short legs hahahahahaha Go ahead and laugh :P Whenever I stop the bike, I'll have to slant the bicycle to one side or neither legs could touch the ground LOL Tiptoeing does not feel comfortable...

All in all, I was just really happy. Although I was slightly struggling and my down hurts (TMI, perhaps? hahaha), the feeling of having the wind against my face was so niceeeeee. I love cycling and I wish I could do it more often.

Ok, next thing I have to do is to swim. No excuses.

(Images from Tom and Naresh)

3 comments

  1. Each bike rental is inclusive of a bicycle helmet, single headlights and various security measures to ensure that your riding is safe and protected. Copenhagen Bike Rental

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of buyers of women's mountain bikes just use it for exercise or for riding their kids around the neighborhood. the best ladies mountain bike

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Theme by BD