Social Media

Benefit Roller Lash Curling Mascara

Lashes are the natural dust filter for our sensitive eyeballs.
Lashes are also eye-openers that can instantly make you look more awake and bright!

Did you know you can look put together by simply wearing mascara alone, besides clothes (of course!) and a dab of your favourite lipstick? Yes, you can! ;)


The Benefit Roller Lash is not a brand new product, so you may say that I'm late to the game. But hey, it's useful information I'm sharing nevertheless!



"Yay! I get to try it out over time!", I told myself as I opened the little door gift I received from a Benefit workshop. While I wanted to keep it for traveling days, I couldn't contain my excitement to try it out as soon as the mascara I was using ran out.

*Note: I try not to have a few tubes of mascaras opened at the same time as they dry out really fast upon usage. So, I have to wait till a tube finishes before opening a new tube.

Price & location. The full-size Benefit Roller Lash Curling Mascara retails for RM115 and can be found in Benefit boutiques and counters.

Boutiques: 1 Utama, Sephora Starhill, Mid Valley, Alamanda, Gurney Plaza, KLCC
Counters: Parkson Sunway Pyramid, Parkson Pavilion, C&F KLIA, all Sephora stores

For latest store listings, check Benefit Malaysia Facebook.

Colour. The Benefit Roller Lash comes in black and now, brown too! If you want a more natural look, opt for the brown version.

Wand concept. The concept of this mascara: Roller for lashes. You know hair rollers your mom used to have in her hair? Yes, those...but for lashes.



As gimmicky as "roller for lashes" sound, I really like the wand! It's a rubber wand that comes in Benefit's innovative Hook 'n' Roll shape - a skinny curved wand with many tiny hooks as teeth (sounds quite scary, tbh).

The tiny hooks of the bristles really help with hooking each strand of lash, curling them. The skinny wand and bristles also makes it super easy to comb through both top and bottom lashes without smudging it on the lids. Perfect!

I haven't been coating my lower lashes with mascara for months as my Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara wand is HUGE, making my life difficult to coat them without smudges.

Formula. The Benefit Roller Lash claims to hold the curl for 12 hours. I haven't have it on for 12 hours, but so far it still looks good after a 10-hour wear.

I find the hold to be of waterproof mascara, in the sense that it locks the curled lashes without going back to its natural shape over time (think closing window shutters motion).

The formula is more wet than dry, which takes about 10 seconds to dry down. Not clumpy, which can be fixed with a couple of run-throughs if the brush if any.


Not waterproof. One downside though, is that the formula is definitely NOT waterproof. The Benefit Roller Lash only claimed to be water resistant, although I don't even know what's that suppose to mean when it comes to mascaras.

I realized this one day when my eyes were feeling dry. It was also the first day wearing the Benefit Roller Lash mascara. I dropped a drop of eye drop (so many drops!) into each eye and blinked away.

Horrified was my first reaction as I checked my makeup in the restroom half an hour later. The mascara smudged on my bottom lids! And due to its formula, it dried up and won't rub off! Fml. The saving grace was me rocking slight smokey eyes that day, so the smudging wasn't too obvious.

smudged bottom lids

Try-on. My lashes are naturally curved upwards slightly, instead of stubbornly-downward-pointing-straight lashes like most Asians. I'd still use a lash curler - currently the Shu Uemura Lash Curler to further curl it before coating my lashes with mascara because they're not obvious enough to my liking.



The picture below shows one side with the Benefit Roller Lash on, while the other is bare. Can you see the difference?


Bam, done! All lashes coated with the Benefit Roller Lash mascara! I love how the wand lifted my lashes, making them fan out and obvious - instant eye opener! Thanks to the long-wearing formula, my lashes stay that way for the longest I've had them on!


Thoughts. For someone who doesn't touch up my makeup, I tend to opt for long-wearing products. No doubt I really like how it curls my lashes and make them stay that way for a long period of time. However, because it smudges upon the slightest contact with liquid, I would only wear it on a day-to-day office work basis.

On days when I know I'm going to sweat a lot, cry or get caught in the rain (or swimming hahaha kidding), I'll keep a distance from it and opt for a waterproof mascara. On days when I can't afford or don't want to fuss about my makeup going wrong, I'd also opt for other mascaras.


Face:
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Sand (as base)
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind in Light
MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microfinish Powder
Clinique Cheek Pop Blush in Ginger Pop
Benefit Watt's Up Highlighter

Brows:
Etude House Drawing Eye Brow in #3 Brown
3 Concept Eyes Eyebrow Mascara in #Brown

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
CLIO Gelpresso Waterproof Shadow in No.8 Feeling High
LORAC Skinny Palette in Nude
Etude House Play 101 Pencil in #49
Benefit Roller Lash Mascara

Lips:
Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss in Wine 107 (as stain)


Go roll em' lashes!


*Disclaimer: Product was part of a door gift from attending a Benefit Cosmetics workshop.

1 comment

  1. It separates lashes perfectly and adds volume and length. No flaking or smudging and lasts all day. It's also easy to remove.
    essence i love extreme mascara price

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Theme by BD