Social Media

Turned Twenty-Two

Haven't got the time to blog much these days having to juggle LIMA work and new semester which just started (4th semester, peopleeeee!), but I made a point to blog about my birthday before flying off to Langkawi this Friday. And here it is!

Monday- the day I turned twenty-two! *gasp*

A month ago, Atherah and I were discussing about how up till 21 years old, you feel young and unstoppable. But when 22 hits, you suddenly feel like a haggard old hag hahaha It suddenly made sense why many women are age-sensitive :P

Birthday parties are literally once in a blue moon for me, my 1st and 21st birthdays. Other than that, it's just mini candle-blowing-cake-cutting within the family or lunch with friends. That doesn't mean it's any less fun though! Especially now that I'm free-er to roam around on my own muahahaha

My hair maintenance is long overdue with 4 inches of black roots, faded hair colour and length that was starting to annoy the crap out of me. So I kicked start my birthday "celebration" by giving myself a hairdo treat! Headed over to Number76 (Bangsar 2 branch) for a cut and colour by Shaun, in which I got two inches off (although I planned on four inches) and got my hair dyed Lavender Ash!

*Lavender ash is a mixture of chestnut brown and ash purple brown. Will blog about it in a separate post!

Birthday hair :D

Sunday was a planned birthday lunch with Michelle and her friend at Kyochon, 1 Utama. We ordered quite a lot of chicken in total and the waiter handed us a container to throw chicken bones. I'd say it's kind of a guilty pleasure to witness the bone container filling up! lolol Although I didn't actually look in lah, so icky I might vomit my food out :/



I got the set meal of 8 original chicken wings, soup, rice, preserved and soda plum tea. The original soy chicken is my favourite. Their honey chicken is good too, with a thicker batter. As for the red chicken, it's not for the faint hearted cz it's so damn super spicy!!...at least to me, cz Rebecca loves it.


The soy wings are perrrrfect! My mouth waters at just a thought of it *drools* I got to try Michelle's kimchi fried rice and it was very flavourful. You can tell they put a generous amount of kimchi in. Oh and not to mention, their Soda Plum Tea is my favourite drink there. Yum yum!

Soy chicken wings, come to mama!

As if it was a birthday special or something, we were given a Kyochon Calendar with Lee Minho's face probably plastered on every page hahaha No idea on the actual criteria to fulfill in order to get one though.. maybe if you pay with a certain credit card or spend above a certain amount or maybe they just knew it was my birthday :P

ps: Kika, it's yours! Since Michelle and I already have calendars in use haha

box is leftover chicken wings

Assuming I wouldn't have any cake to cut or candles to blow, I planned on getting myself a slice of Secret Recipe's Black Forest cake, my favourite! Then Michelle bought a Cheese Zuccotto (aka Hat series) in Devil's Hat from Uncle Tetsu! hehe

*Devil's Hat is chocolate, Angel's Hat is parmesan cheese (original) and Cupid's Hat is strawberry.

After lunch, I went to get some last minute supplies for Langkawi. It was an opportunity to walk off the calories from lunch before dropping by Old Town White Coffee, Jaya One to cut cake during tea time haha


Lord, please make my one wish come true..


The Cheese Zuccotto is basically cheesecake, described as moist and dense. It has a light and soft texture, I noticed which is good cz it doesn't make you too full. It's best eaten when fresh out of the fridge too, cz when we had it warm, it didn't really have that much of a kick to it. Still good nevertheless, very soft and light, and I want to try other desserts from Uncle Tetsu :) Thank you, big ass for the cake! hehe

My actual birthday was on Monday, a weekday. I thought I'd probably spend it alone before heading to Michelle's for dinner, but Gup and Char had lunch with meeee! Sushi and ramen were on my tummy wishlist that day, so we settled on Sushi Zanmai, Avenue K.

I wasn't exactly sure about going there cz I thought Gup didn't quite like Japanese/Korean cuisine and for my birthday, I didn't want anyone to feel left out in terms of food lol But she accommodated! Thank you! :* Glad she ended up liking what she got..turns out, she just wanted more exposure to Japanese/Korean food :)

Inari Sakura Ebi (middle) and Tamago Mentai (right), my two favourites

Those two sushis are heavenly! The Inari Sakura Ebi is rice with toppings of roe and tiny-ass crispy shrimps with lemon sauce (I think) in beancurd skin. The Tamago Mentai is just egg with mentaiko...but torched, so there's a burnt-ish taste. Omg so good.

Beef spicy niku ramen

The flavoured egg that came with this was just heavenly. Think hard boiled on the outside and watery yolk in the middle *heavenly music playing* If I ever make my way to Japan, I'm gonna eat so damn many eggs like these, man! haha

Being girls, chit chats are never-ending and there's always something to talk about. We had our laughs, laughs so hard that Gup choked on her rice hahaha Then we strolled around KLCC looking for LIMA shoes.

Who likes free stuffs?!! I know I do! :P Benefit provides free brow wax during birthday months, and so I got my brows done heheh The sisters were getting out of hand although I maintain them with regular tweezings. But I wanted to get them shaped professionally after almost a year of doing it myself, so that felt good :D

New brows!

Hopping onto the LRT was a pain that day as we were rushing with other rushy people during rush hour. Woahz! Tongue twister right there! :P There were delays and both in the train and on the platform was packed! We waited for what seemed like forever before being able to squeeze ourselves into a coach. No doubt it was super cramp and hilariously awkward cz imagine people's armpits at every angles hahaha

Good thing I managed to make it back in time for dinner at Michelle's or she'd be pissed lolol Dinner was same ol', same ol', but with a touch! She made a mini banner! hahaha How thoughtful :*



I wanted my good day to last till the day ends and what better way than to whip out my prized possession- GlamGlow YouthMud! Of course I had my shower first, duh..hate feeling sticky. I was quite reluctant to use the mask cz it's really expensive, but hey, it's my day heh Plus, having it on while watching The Walking Dead makes the perfect way to end my day.


Hurray for Carol, Rick and Carl! Michonne really has to toughen up again, man.

Thank you all for the wishes, whether because Facebook notified you or you remember (awww :')) haha Either way, you took a bit of your time to write on my wall or text me and I appreciate it :)

Thank you for the time, effort and money you guys put into making my day! I love youuu! :* :*

I was so happy and tired from having too much fun that I drooled in my sleep hahaha TMI, but I rarely drool unless I'm freaking exhausted, okay? I woke up from noticing I was drooling and quickly shut my mouth hahaha

And I woke up happy cz I thought you wouldn't remember, but you did. Thank you :)


I don't know about you, but I'm feelin' 22

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD