Social Media

MyTwoCents: LORAC Skinny Palette

I first discovered the LORAC Skinny Palette in Nude through Jen From Head To Toe's Nordstrom Anniversary Sale HAUL video. She was so excited about this palette that it was featured in a couple of her videos after her purchase.

I didn't give much thought about it because the LORAC brand isn't available in Malaysia. Not until I decided to use comGateway for my recent mini Christmas loot! hehe More on that in a separate post.


I was in luck cz Amazon had it in stock! After purchasing it only did I find out that apparently it's always out of stock.

It's such a hit because it's LORAC eyeshadows, which are known to be of really good quality (eg. LORAC Pro Palette 1 and 2), it has 7 shades with matte and shimmer formulas and it's a freaking $133(approx. RM464) value for ONLY $15(approx. RM52)!!!


The packaging of the palette is very simple; gold-ish snake-skin texture. It's very skinny, true to its name and small...perfect for traveling!

I was even thinking of bringing just this palette to Langkawi next year...but I might end up bringing my Chocolate Bar too :X



What's cool about it is that it comes with a decent sized mirror too!! How awesome is that! Most palettes comes with a mirror, but come on...$15 palette with pigmented and silky eyeshadows that comes with a mirror?! *speechless*


The LORAC Skinny Palette comes in 3 variations- nude, navy and plum.. and each houses a combination of 7 shades of matte and shimmer shadows. Don't underestimate the size and sleekness of this palette! The eyeshadow pans are of good size, not small at all! 


I got the palette in Nude cz it's better for everyday looks anddddd it has my favourite copper, reddish brown shade!!!!!! I kinda wish they labeled the names of each colour, but it doesn't bother me...it just makes it a tad cooler heh

Every single one of the eyeshadows are very silky and buttery, which makes it super duper easy to blend! The pigmentation is great! With a spritz or two of the MAC Fix + on the brush, the shimmery shades would be awesomer.



First is a matte beige colour that is super pigmented as seen swatched. So pigmented, it even shows up on my rather fair skin tone! Mind blown!

Second is a shimmery nutty gold-ish colour.

Third is a matte light brown that can be used as a crease/transition colour. Very similar to the Chocolate Bar's Salted Caramel.

Fourth is a matte wood brown.

Fifth is my favourite of them all!!!!!! This is the shimmery reddish-brown colour that's close to my current toenails hahaha

Sixth is a colder satin grey-ish brown colour that makes it look kinda green at times.

Seven is a pigmented dark brown with tiny gold and pink flecks(if my eyes are not playing tricks on me).


Worth the buy? Yes, so much yes! $15 or RM50 for LORAC eyeshadows that comes in a travel-friendly palette with a mirror?! YESSSS!

Where to buy? I bought it from Amazon.


What's your favourite eyeshadow palette?

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD