Social Media

MyTwoCents: Too Faced Chocolate Bar


Presenting my first ever high end eyeshadow palette- Too Faced Chocolate Bar!

This palette was released into the market last Christmas, but thank God it's not limited edition or I wouldn't have been able to taste the goodness of this particular Chocolate Bar :P

It was a battle between this, the Urban Decay NAKED palette (RM188) and Smashbox Full Exposure palette (RM168, I think) when I was deciding which palette to purchase. I'd consider the LORAC Pro palette if only we had it in Malaysia, but its non-existence in our market made my decision easier.

I picked this up in the end cz it's the cheapest of the 3 and had more than just neutral colours.

*Special thank you to Gup for chipping in for my 21st birthday present! :* :* 
*Another special thank you to Yen Shan for picking it up for me from Singapore when it was out of stock in all Malaysian Sephora outlets.

Comes in a pretty baby pink + gold packaging

convincing packaging ;)

I love the fact that it's very simple yet attractive! I don't like product packaging that's complicated or looks cheap :X Simplicity is key! It comes in a magnetic tin which is easy enough to open or close.


comes with a wide mirror, perfect for on-the-go!


These eyeshadows are made from pure cocoa powder! So yes, you not only get to feel good about applying a natural ingredient on your eyes, you get to sniff while at it too! Talk about multitasking :P

I love the smell of the Chocolate Bar. It's very natural, not fragrancey at all. That's great cz the scent is just a hint and strong enough to indulge in the smell, but not overwhelming till you can't breathe. Personally, I'd rather not have fragrance in my products cz I try to avoid any chances of reactions, but knowing this isn't actually perfume, I say bring it on!


This palette has 16 eyeshadows- matte, glitter, shimmer.. it's got them covered ;) The array of colours and finishes allows me(or anyone for that matter) to create any looks from day time to night time, natural to dramatic. I love it! 

The shadows are very pigmented and smoooooth (with a few close-miss), so smooth that they glide on my lids easily. My guilty pleasure when it comes to this palette is...sometimes I'd touch my lids a few times cz it feels like velvet! I know, my fingers can be dirty or I may mess the colours up...shhh...

I use it with my Urban Decay Primer Potion and it stays on all day. I've used it for over 9 hours once and it looked like I just applied it. Lots of thanks to the primer :*

Now on to the swatches and some cents!




Gilded Ganache is a dark cocoa colour with gold shimmer that makes it look greenish from certain angles. I've always thought it's dark green till last week :X

Salted Caramel is a matte orangey light brown. Love love love this colour, use this a lot for the crease area...which makes me kinda sad cz it's so pretty and the most used one...later finish fast how? :(

Hazelnut is a medium brown with tiny pinkish shimmer.

White Chocolate is a matte off white colour, perfect for highlighting the brow bone and acts as a base before slabbing on any colour. Awesomely pigmented for such a colour/finish.

Marzipan is a rose gold, super duper pretty!!! I've been loving rose gold these days, so this is one of my favourites :D

Creme Brulee is a very pigmented, shimmery and elegant gold colour. Super pretty especially for night time looks. Glam!

Semi-sweet is another matte colour, a medium brown. It isn't as smooth as the rest, a bit patchy.

Haute Chocolate is a satin-ish darker brown.




Milk Chocolate is a matte light brown, another great crease colour.

Strawberry Bon Bon is a light pink that's matte. I'd say this is the least pigmented colour in the palette. I enjoy using this colour cz it brightens the eye without shimmer. Only downside is the intensity, but nothing I can't fix my layering the colour a few times.

Cherry Cordial is a beautiful  plum colour with purple shimmer. This maroon-burgundy colour is another one of my favourites although it's one of the few patchy ones cz I've been loving this kinda shades lately. 

Black Forest Truffle is a black forest cake colour haha It's a plummy brown with gold-glitter.

Candied Violet is a pretty violet with purple glitter.

Champagne Truffle is a very subtle pink with shimmer which produces a satin finish. A brighter, more glam alternative to White Chocolate for highlighting brow bone and inner corners.

Triple Fudge is a matte dark dark brown, which is slightly patchy too. I love using this for the outer-V cz it's so dark and pigmented, it really deepens and give more definition.

Amaretto is a satin red-copper-rust colour.

I took the photos of swatches under both natural lighting and white light so you can compare :)

Worth the buy? Yes! Definitely, unless the smell of chocolate irks you. I love the variety of this palette as it's generally of neutral colours, but still has a few different colours like purple, pink and plum. It's also a nice thought put in by the makers- providing bigger pans for White Chocolate and Champagne Truffle that can be used as eyeshadow, base and highlighting.

The slight downside would have to be the few colours that are not as smooth as the rest. However, that doesn't really pose as a problem to me cz they're still pigmented and it's nothing I can't solve by picking up more of the colour and evening it out on my lids.

Where to buy? Sephora


Have you tried the Chocolate Bar palette? What's your favourite eyeshadow colour in the world?

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD