Social Media

Toffee Nut Frappe, I Loves

Fuh! I finally have the time to update my blog! I don't like abandoning my blog for too long cz it makes me lose touch and that's not a nice feeling.

Haven't had the time since 2 weeks back. After settling my ah kong's funeral and burial, came back and was welcomed with a FULL workload. Major Malaysian Economy presentation, tests and more tests. I actually just finished my final test of the week this morning...it was an insurance test.

The insurance test wasn't that important cz it's an external test, as in, it has nothing to do with my course. The reason I signed up for it was for the RM200 I'll get if I manage to pass the test *fingers crossed* No catch, it was free of charge..so why not, right? Nothing to lose XD

Yesterday(Saturday), Michelle wanted to have cheap lunch...so we went to PJ Old Town's market. As it turns out, our market food court food didn't turn out cheap. Boohoooo! We could've spent that amount on sushi instead lool Oh well.

my bak kut teh, RM16

It's been so cold lately with the continuous rain, which I like...so I felt like having some Bak Kut Teh(pork ribs soup). I usually don't eat pork cz of its stinky pork smell, but oh well, I decided to give this stall's a try. The soup came mixed with pork and duck, which was very different. I got confused for a bit cz I thought I tasted duck-tasting pork lolol Not bad lah, but not the best.

Michelle had Yong Tau Foo(soup with various ingredients, mostly stuffed tofu and stuffed veggies). The fried ingredients was really yummy, and the fried chicken was good too! But the total came up to RM25 lolol Cheap, my ass! (More details on Mich Noms soon)

Today, I woke up at 7am, just like I have been for the entire week..to stuff more last minute notes into my head. I really want that RM200 hahaha After the test, which I completed an hour early, Michelle picked me up and off we went to Sunway Pyramid!

We had lunch at O' Viet for Vietnamese food! I've never had Vienamese food other than the veggie roll with the transparent skin, which I don't like. But I've always wanted to try Pho, beef noodles soup! So although we were quite nervous cz it's so foreign to us, we decided to try some Vietnamese cuisine anyway.

Pho and beef stew!

We shared two main courses- Pho Bo Dac Biet (traditional mixed beef noodles) and Thit Bo Kho (beef stew with radish rice).

The beef noodles was yummy! The soup was very flavourful...till a certain point where it became a bit stinky as you kept eating lol I'd go for more though, maybe try out other shops' pho heh The beef stew was OMG. SO. GOOD. Well, it actually tastes like concentrated ABC soup lah, but the gravy is so thick and flavourful...and the beef, soaked with the gravy and not too chewy :D

So it left quite a good impression. Not too scared of Vietnamese food anymore lol

Now comes the part which I loves.

("I loves" is a term used by a foreigner employee at Beyond Veggie, when telling us his favourite choice of cake)

TOFFEE NUT FRAPPUCCINO IS BACK. *silence* *hyperventilates like crazy*

Our loves

I thought it'll only come back at the end of November, but I was sooooo wrong! It's freaking back!!!!!

For those who don't know, Toffee Nut Frappe(TNF) was my first ever Starbucks drink when I was I don't know...10 years old? It was a new drink then, so the barista was giving out samples at the Jusco Taman Universiti and my dad got it for us. It was soooo good, I loved Starbucks since then lolol

After that a while, we went back to get more, but little did we knew it was a seasonal drink. The year after, they didn't have TNF anymore and we were sad. Then a few years ago, Starbucks brought it back and omg, it made Michelle and I the happiest people ever on Earth! hahaha

When it's the Christmas season, it's when we drink the most Starbucks in a year LOL That's how much we love it.


Drinking it reminds me of how fast time passes. Last time TNF was back, I was having my weekly Skype session at Starbucks Mid Valley (every Thursday, without fail). I ordered it for a couple of weeks and tried the hot version too! I always prefer frappuccinos to hot coffee, but it's cold this time of the year..so I tried it. I remember getting over excited when placing my order, that the barista got kinda stunned hahaha

Now it's another year and a lot has happened since the last time I had TNF. Soon, it'll be Christmas, then my exams, then my semester break. When that time comes, it'll probably hit me hard that it's been a year since Krabi and him. I should get a job then lolol

To more Toffee Nut Frappuccinos!!

2 comments

Instagram

Theme by BD