Social Media

Magnum Cafe, Kuala Lumpur

Helloooooooo, Magnum!

Malaysia now has its very own Magnum Cafe, in Mid Valley Megamall to be exact!

(I'm currently running on less than 4 hours of sleep, so let's hope this blog post ends well :P)

I've been wanting to pay the Magnum Cafe a visit since it opened, but wasn't too keen on joining the extremely long snake-ish queue on the first week.

So who do I call to join me on a Magnum taste test? My sisters, duh! Buttttt....Rebecca's in JB and Michelle went with Nit spontaneously one day while I was in class :'( Char's busy busy with her finals and Gup's busy with uni work and she stays rather far away.

After many postponed dates and lots of pestering, (real name: Mazin) Mr. Giant aka Mezzanine, agreed to go with me! God bless his soul! hahaha


The Magnum Cafe has two floors and it works like this:
First floor- only ice cream, dine-in or takeaway
Second floor- other desserts and takeaway ice cream only

Meaning...if you wanna buy the Magnum ice cream upstairs, you can't sit in the cafe. It's only for plated desserts.


When we started to queue up around 2.30pm, the line wasn't as long as I usually see it...so that's good. However, mornings are the emptiest, so plan your Magnum trip right!

It was empty when we first passed by..before our movie at 12pm, but I didn't wanna not enjoy and savour my long-awaited ice cream cz I was still so damn full from breakfast.

So after the movie, let's make me my Magnum!!


At the front of the entrance queue, a staff will offer to explain the menu to you, if you want. They're really friendly so that's always good :)

(Photo from Mich Noms)

The queue around the Magnum-making area starts oddly around 15 people before the cashier, and the rest of the customers queue outside. While queuing, you get to watch the employees work, restocking ice cream toppings and helping you create your own Magnum!


Restock em' crushed Oreos!

all kinds of crushed nuts...I want some pistachios next time

the ice cream plates are manually folded too! so appreciate it XD

Once you're reaching the cashier, there'll be a few menus for you to look through to decide what you wanna have. You can either customize your own Magnum (fun fun fun!) or choose from pre-made combinations. Both are priced at RM9.90.

(Photo from Mich Noms)

Cashier explaining the steps of customization (Photo from Mich Noms)

After payment, it's time to place your order! A staff to each customer, so your ice cream will be handled by the same person from start till end.

while waiting for our turn

Step 1
Choose your ice cream flavour- Chocolate Brownie or Vanilla.

I chose Vanilla! Always Vanilla cz Chocolate Brownie is too sweet for me.


Step 2
Choose up to 3 toppings

LOOK AT THE ARRAY OF TOPPINGS! Seriously rambang mata, mannnn! It was so hard for me to choose cz there's so many unique toppings like Rose Petals, Pretzels, Goji Berries and moreeeeee! So I tried to match the flavours in my brain to avoid having mismatched flavours on my ice cream.

I chose Golden Nuggets, Dried Raspberries and Chocolate Chip Cookies!

There was Chili Flakes, which was mind-blowingly weird lolol I asked Giant to take that hahaha, but he was so hard headed on getting a plain one :/

The 3 toppings will be scooped into the bubble tea maker and shaken to make sure the toppings are evenly mixed. Soooo clever.



Step 3
Choose your coating- White chocolate, dark chocolate or milk chocolate

I went with dark chocolate, duhhhh!


After dipping the naked ice cream into the melted chocolate of choice, he poured the toppings onto the ice cream!

It's gonna be pretty sooooon!

I chose to go with white chocolate as my drizzle cz it'll make my ice cream look pretty hehe

Just look at that art!

Waittttt for itttt.......

TADAHHHH!

My pretty ice cream ^_^

Once you've gotten your ice cream, just gotta hope for a place to sit! The seats are limited, but should able to easily find a table cz it's just ice cream...how long would one take to finish up a stick of ice cream, right? Lucky us, just as we got our ice creams, there's a two-seater table available! Woot!



Look at my beautiful work of art...and his plain Magnum lolol

Well, I shouldn't complain cz it was his treat! Wheeeee! hahaha



Thank you for the treat, Giant!...and queuing up for food for the first time in a long time :P Let's go to Milkcow next? hehe


Magnum Cafe
3rd floor, Mid Valley Megamall
10am-10pm

4 comments

  1. Awwwww Mezo is so sweet! Looks quite yummy actually :P:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha he surprisingly is :P Yessss! It tastes just like the regular Magnum but with a kick :D Go for it before you balik JB!

      Delete

Instagram

Theme by BD