Social Media

MyTwoCents: NARS Audacious Lipstick


This beauty, the NARS Audacious lipstick was definitely not a splurge on my part. Huge thanks to my parents as I got it for Christmas last year!

Michelle and I were Christmas shopping in Pavilion one day and while I was on the fence on purchasing it (wasn't sure if I should splurge on a lipstick), Mich came up with a brilliant idea. I'll pick the shade I want and she'll buy it on behalf of my parents for my Christmas gift. Which means up till now, my parents think it was bought without my knowledge hahaha Sneakyyyyy :P

Packaging. The Audacious range comes in a sleek matte body with a simple coating of 'NARS'. I'm a sucker for simple and classy looking things heh Worth mentioning is the magnetic cap which snaps close easily without worrying about it falling off. 'NARS' is also engraved on the lipstick bullet.

*Pardon the flawed box. Been rummaged about in my makeup bag for over 8 months lol





Shade selection. There are 40 shades in the collection- nude, pink, orange, coral, red, berry, plum and brown. So many to choose from, really rambang mata when you get that many choices O.o

I wanted a red that suits my skin tone, so I got the sales assistant to help me out. After several bright red swatches, I decided on the darkest one swatched on my hand- Rita.

Rita is described as a scarlet red. A red with an ever so slightly blue undertone, although sometimes I see more orange undertone.



Texture. I'd describe it as a creamy matte. Not glossy or moisturizing, but not entirely lip-suckingly matte either. However, the creaminess wears out after several hours and becomes slightly drying to the lips.

Intensity. It's very pigmented even with a single swipe..like full-on-colour-of-the-bullet pigmented! On the website, it claims to be "One-stroke, full coverage creamy wear". Yes. That claim is not just a claim, it's the truth.

(natural light)

(white light)

Lastingness. Supposedly long lasting, but I only found that to be true to a certain extent. That is, only if I don't eat or drink. Otherwise, the colour definitely last for hours without touch up.

One thing I discovered and was utterly shocked was to find flaky red bits of fallout when drinking. I was having a couple of sips during break time in LIMA while chit chatting. One look down into my white polystyrene cup, I was horrified that the mineral water was stained reddish with red bits floating on the surface!

Of course, the solution to stains of dark lips is to use a straw. I just didn't expect to witness such a sight. (For those use the Audacious lipsticks or any other non-matte dark lipsticks, is this common?)

Price. RM95 (pre-GST), probably around RM100 now.


Worth the buy? If you have the budget for it and want to feel luxury on your lips, yes. Otherwise, no need to splurge :P

Where to buy? NARS boutiques in Pavilion, KLCC and Mid Valley (as of 14th October 2015)


What's your favourite red lipstick of all time?

2 comments

  1. Hello all well ? which thai products you already use? and what brands do you recommend? angelicamodel@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I have not tried any local Thai products, but I'm up for it some day!

      Delete

Instagram

Theme by BD