Social Media

Wicked Weekend: MTV World Stage 2015

MTV World Stage
12 September 2015
7.30pm
Surf Beach, Sunway Lagoon


Sitting in OJO Coffee trying to blog about last night's concert, but my laptop just won't cooperate with me. Looks like I really gotta clear up the tonnes of photos, time to get an external hard disk *sigh*

Thanks to FHM, I had the chance to attend MTV World Stage 2015! No, I don't read FHM..to cut the short story shorter: I came across the contest while trying to win tickets to Bon Jovi's concert on the FHM website. Upon receiving the congratulatory email, took me a second before the excitement kicked in and go "WHOAMG I'M GOING FOR MTV WORLD STAGE!" cz I forgot entering the contest LOL

Mich was too exhausted to join me, so I brought Char along instead. Wanted to ask Reb as she's a fan of APink, but she was busy with camp and didn't wanna come up on Saturday morning lol


Being the old souls we are, we didn't wanna queue early. We went to queue up at 7.30pm which was also when the concert was tentatively supposed to start. Thinking that most of the attendees would already be at the Surf Beach, we were fairly surprised by the still-as-crazy-long queue =.=" Good thing it was moving constantly, the haze was no joke, man.

The lineup this year was Stacy, Sekai No Owari, APink, Carly Rae Jepsen and Jason Derulo (listed in performance order).

We missed Stacy (a Malaysian singer) and caught half of Sekai No Owari's performance. Their appearance was rather misleading- creepy clown mask and such..which made me think they're like a metal band, no idea why metal came into my mind lolol Their songs were actually pretty decent and very autotune-sounding. I shall YouTube this band after posting this up.

Unlike in 2011 where I learned Beast's songs, I didn't learn APink's songs. I did recognized a song or two but didn't know the lyrics. I was admiring their slim bodies and pretty faces the whole time! They're so slim! Not skinny skinny, but slim! No thanks to the Malaysian heat, their makeup was melting and hair was frizzing O.o Still nice though...

APink

Carly Rae Jepsen and Jason Derulo sang more songs than the previous acts, probably because they were the main acts. The energy was pretty low when Carly sang a few songs from her new album cz most of us don't know them. It picked right up as she belted out "Call Me Maybe", even the boys were singing with enthusiasm! hahaha Everyone around me (me included) wanted "I Really Like You" soooo badly, but it just never came! So glad it was her closing song. Wheeee!

At concerts is when you realize people don't actually know lyrics to a song other than the chorus hahaha It was all "mumble mumble mumble....I really really really really really really like you.." LOL

Oh! She also sang "Emotion" which I was excited for cz it's produced by Ben Romans! (Ben Romans was the keyboardist to The Click Five hehehe). Don't mind me, just indirectly fangirling haha

Carly Rae Jepsen



It didn't take long for the dressed-in-white Jason Derulo to take the stage...45 minutes was all :P Char and I agreed to leave at 10.30pm if he hasn't come up on stage then, but he did! Good thing we stayed, cz it was gooooood! Mostly because upbeat songs and familiar hit singles were played.

I liked how he performed a variation of older and newer songs. He performed "Watcha Say", "Marry Me", "It Girl", "Ridin' Solo"...and more! I enjoyed "Trumpets" and I was sooooooo hoping he performed "Talk Dirty" so I could do a snake dance move hahahahaha But that didn't happen cz we left after he performed "Cheyenne" cz aunties too tired LOL

Jason Derulo

One thing Char and I agreed on about MTV World Stage this year was the lacking in bands. Bands as in legit Western bands that brings the show to life. Somehow Korean, Japanese and Malaysian bands brings a different kind of atmosphere, like it doesn't have the same effects as Western bands.

My first MTV World Stage was by far the best, in my opinion. It was also the very first one held in Malaysia in 2009. The bands which performed were Boys Like Girls, Hoobastank, The All-American Rejects and Raygun. Craaaaazy bands overload, man! My second in 2011 had Neon Trees and 30 Seconds To Mars. Say whuuuut?!

This was my chillest concert experience. From arriving late at the concert, to going home before it officially ended, to mamak for supper! haha Thank God for a great first weekend back in KL! heheh


Bands are what I (I mean, we) live for! Something to consider for the next MTV World Stage, perhaps?

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD