Social Media

Churp Out 2013


19th October 2013, Saturday, 11am-8pm, Setia City Park.

It was then and there where I attended my FIRST ChurpChurp event! 

[ChurpChurp is a portal where to put it into the simplest form, advertisers use us(anyone who uses social media, yup, that's basically everyone these days) to advertise for them! When the website link attached to our Tweets is checked out by our friends, we get paid!]

I've been a Churper for at least two years, though not a very active one(which I will soon be!). Well, I was active for some time, then got lazy :/ Anywayyyy, Churp Out is an annual street fair event! Everyone loves street fairs! I know I do, although I don't really buy things there. It's the atmosphere that makes me happy XD

Entrance to the park from Setia City Mall

There were stalls/booths selling clothes, accessories and food! Special performances by Cheer Aces(a group of Cheerleaders), EPSILON(a female dance group), Sher Lin(singing performance), Sunshine Ukulele Kids(the name says it all) and Capoeira(a Brazilian dance-acrobatics...thing)! None of which, I witnessed HAHA I arrived at about 2.30pm and left around 4pm, by the way.

Zee and I made a beeline for the Registration booth as soon as we arrived because we RSVP'ed beforehand and got a QR code as prove. This entitles us to some free gifts, which is all we ever wanted! HAHA Kidding kidding. But hey, we as Malaysians, free gifts are drooled upon and any chance we get to get some, WE'LL GET SOME! Muahahaha (True Malaysian right here)

A bit of a back story to show how Malaysian we are: I was gonna go for this event all by myself since Charmaine had a seminar which clashes with Churp Out 2013:( I was half-hearted then because while it's totally fine going alone, having a friend with you throughout the journey there and just walking around makes it more comfortable and less awkward. So, I invited Zee to come along with me. She was tight on budget so she wasn't really into it. I told her it's a street fair and we can just go hang out and not buy anything. She was half in. Then I saw ChurpChurp's Facebook telling us to RSVP to get a free gift, I immediately informed her and she was ALL IN! :P



After verifying our QR Codes, we got star chopped(as in 'stamped', not 'butchered')! This entitles us to the free gifts as promised! :D


Giveaways!

They ran out of bags, so we had to carry out free gifts. At first, we chucked all of it into a box and carried it around. Then I felt it's very in-the-way, so we stuffed it into Zee's plastic bag. Should've thought of that earlier :/

We got a Hunger Games file(which contained a LINE fan, a 50% off Strip voucher, a Street Fashion by Sazzy Falak voucher, a McDonald's coupon), a bottle of Dorinku Honey Green Tea, a packet of MAMEE and a can of Mister Potato Fun Fries.

Once we got our gifts, it's picture time!

Top: That's Zee telling me to stand at the other end and me glaring at her LOL Middle: Smile! Bottom: "Errr...you're still taking pictures?"

The highlight of Churp Out 2013 was none other than the reverse bungee! I was looking forward to giving it a go, but it was that time of the month and I was rather tired since I just got back from JB that morning, so I didn't wanna get myself giddy(as I just recovered from it). Zee went for it though and she had funnnnn! :D



Some random girl here, I was testing out a camera feature.. Pretty cool picture, I would say!

It's Zee's turn!

I was supposed to hold my camera still, but I moved, so.....failed!


Many people tried out the bungee, so there was a number of names on the waiting list before Zee could be lastic-ed into the sky. While waiting, we went around to take a look at the stalls. And that's where I saw Cheesie and Audrey at one of the booths! No, I didn't take pictures with them though I wanted to because I suddenly felt so out of place with all their readers posing with them LOL (I suck at posing, for those who don't know)






I recognized this brand of chicken wings! I read on Yen Shan's blog that it's Kyle Patrick's favourite in Singapore haha (I think)




Got myself a Strawberry Danish!

As we were leaving after the bungee shot, there was this graffiti artist, Kenji(if I'm not mistaken) who was just starting to recreate Katniss' dress from Hunger Games: Catching Fire, by spray painting a plain white gown.

Saw a picture after the event and thought it looked nothing like the dress she wore. It's supposed to be greyish-white with complicated layers of mesh and whatever you call that..ah, refer to the photo below.


Beanbags to chill on!

People crowd around to watch Kenji spray paint the gown

We stayed for a little while then made our way into Setia City Mall. It was a rainy day and it drizzled when she arrived. While we were in the mall though, it started pouring! Good thing for the event, it didn't last long.

And that was it! Churp Out 2013 for me!

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD