Social Media

Projek Datum

Ever run into a brain-jam when it comes to buying gifts for Christmases, birthdays, farewell..etc?

I know that's one situation I face during gift buying, as much as I enjoy it. That can be quite a headache at times cz I start thinking of the likes and dislikes of the receiver, what they're like, usefulness versus appearance, my budget and time to get it settled...too much weighing to do!

The overthinking then tends to override the excitement of the gifting. Oh, the irony.

When it came to settling Tim and Tom's farewell gifts, it was surprisingly easy for Char and I to come to a decision- calendar.


Introducing...Projek Datum.

The name came about from the idea of the coming together of the Malaysians, Dutch and German. Projek comes from Bahasa Malaysia, project; Datum is a term for date in both German and Dutch. And together, perfect fusion!

*Not too sure of the accuracy of the 'datum' term, I used Google translate :P
**'Datum' cz 'kalendar' doesn't sound as cool lol

Calendar was an easy gift cz we had an inspiration! What we also have in abundance was awesome photographs taken during our many outings and touring the city. Plus, what better way to remind them of us..anddd make them miss Malaysia and want to come back, right?! muahahaha




Char and I chose the 8" x 6" (portrait) for RM45. Using Pixajoy's free software (available for download on the website), we managed to get this project over and done with in a 4-hour meetup at NuSentral! Felt quite accomplished though it's just a mini project, cz we had really packed schedules and only managed to squeeze in a meetup, in which we rushed over after our respective classes.

It took about 5 days (including weekend) for it to be printed and mailed, just in time to give them out! No doubt Char and I wanted one for ourselves, but decided against it..too much money lah!


the ones behind Projek Datum

I'm just glad the receivers liked it a lot. The idea to come up with it started as a joke, but it turned out pretty cool!

#whydoesthissoundlikeanad #notanad

And back I go to the marathon of Game of Thrones. I'm late to the party, I know..but I've never really been keen. Only watching it now cz I'm rotting at home during my semester break and The Walking Dead is so far away. Hey, maybe I should rot away rewatching TWD! (So punny)

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD