Social Media

Bob's Kitchen, Danga Utama

The last time I was back in JB was only a month or so ago..and this time I'm back, there's a new commercial center- Danga Utama! Where did that come from? lol I passed by it a week back on the way to Tun Aminah and the hugeass Bob's Kitchen signboard caught my eye.

Set my mind to try it out some time and 2 days back, I got to!

Bob's Kitchen is very easy to get to. As long as you see Shell petrol station, Bob's Kitchen is at the shop lots on the left.

Directions:
1) Coming from town: Exit the highway into Sutera Utama, Bob's Kitchen will be on your left.
2) Coming from Tun Aminah/Sutera Mall: After the traffic light at Sutera Mall, go straight till you see the 2nd traffic light with Shell on your right. Turn right at the traffic light, take a left around the shop lots and you'll find it facing the main road.


Irene asked me out to Johor Premium Outlets(JPO) and I suggested we have lunch at Bob's Kitchen. So glad she was up for it cz she's on a hunt for cafes and new eateries :)

the red colour and huge in-your-face signboard makes it easy to spot, I'm thinking it'll light up at night too

Bob's Kitchen is a double-storey American restaurant and sports bar. Its interior isn't as sport-ish as it can be, but you can see canvas posters of famous sportsmen hung on the slick grey wall. I love grey ❤❤ Anyway, back to the interior haha Random metal plates and posters of food in a vintage style can be seen on the walls too. Reminds me of Bubba Gump, but not as compactly plastered :P





There's a small bar area with high stools where you can sit and enjoy your beverages, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic.


There's a few promotions going on! We all love promotions, don't we? More food paid for less! XD

Buy 1 Free 1 for main course during lunch hour from 11am-3pm. It applies to any main course- burgers, pasta, steak, chicken, fajitas and more! They'll charge the higher priced item of the two.

Other promos as stated on the chalkboard below:


Now on to the food. I've never placed an order for steaks in my 21 years of life. Reason is, I can't afford it. So all the steaks I've had in my life, I steal a bite from my dad's steak..and Joe's lolol

However, now with the Buy 1 Free 1 promo, I can have steak!!!! *happy tears* Irene and I were so excited cz usually beef steaks are at least RM50 for good ones. We ended up getting 2 steaks and shared heheh


Rib eye with black pepper sauce, RM35.90

I wanted to try their signature BBQ Beef Ribs, approximately RM50..but I don't know how to eat ribs lol Another time perhaps. For Rib Eye, we get to choose from 4 different sauces- 1)White pepper cream sauce 2)Black pepper sauce 3)Mushroom sauce 4)Horseradish sauce.

Of course we settled for black pepper, my favourite sauce of all time :)

When it comes to beef, I'm pretty much clueless other than the fact that it's yummy haha Rib eye, tenderloin, sirloin...I don't know which part is which, and another thing I don't know is rare, medium and whatever else there is. We got our steak medium-cooked.

I just like my beef cooked and not bloody. Hate bloody meat. At the same time, I don't want it overcooked cz it's so hard to chew..don't like exercising my jaw lol So educated me, will ya?


Our beef was a bit chewy, so I had to chew a lot before I could swallow. I'm thinking they left it on the grill 10 seconds too long? The sauce could also be more black pepper-ish. I love the grilled potato that came with this plate! There was cheese on it and mmmmm...so good!

I ate everything on the plate except the long beans. They were on the raw side and I don't like my veggies raw. If you like it, go ahead and polish up the plate XD

The other main dish we got was another steak. Will try their other food when I go back again...they have lasagna! ❤❤

Country Fried Steak, RM34.90

This steak is fried sirloin with onion gravy. I was half-hearted in picking this initially cz I don't know what to think of the onion sauce. I don't like onions, you see...but we decided on it and I actually ended up preferring this steak to the grilled rib eye!

I usually prefer grilled food cz it's yummy and healthier, but I think I liked the fried sirloin cz it was better-cooked. Easy to chew and the onion sauce was better than I expected! That's the only reason la..so if they had grilled my rib eye cooked to my teeth buds(like taste buds, but teeth lol), I'd like it too.

The Country Fried Steak's crunchiness and flavour definitely beats the grilled rib eye. The latter wasn't as flavourful..and the black pepper sauce didn't help. The fried rib eye has more taste to it, and I'm not giving credit to the onion sauce entirely, but also the meat itself. I think they must have marinated it with some yumminess before adding the breadcrumbs and frying it.

As for the drinks, we got a mocktail and iced water cz we wanted dessert too! They have a wide range of drinks on their menu! I was rather indecisive cz I wanted mocktail and milkshake lol It's too early for alcohol, so cocktails were ruled out. Omg! Looking at their online menu now, I'm gonna go for martini the next time I'm there haha

Virgin Mojito, approximately RM11

Back in February when Joe was here, he persuaded me to order a Mojito cz apparently it's a girly drink and he wanted to have a sip lolol I already had some strawberry beverage, so I didn't wanna order another one. So bibi, I can safely say that it tastes good.

I don't think there'd be much difference taste-wise, right? The alcohol version would definitely have a stronger taste, but I more or less get the taste lah. It's lime and mint, though this one tasted more limey.

As for dessert, we chose chocolate lava with the objective of seeing if their chocolate lava really has lava, unlike the one we had at Kate n I Scream lol

Chocolate Lava, approx. RM11

They're so damn crazy generous with their cream!! Okay, where do I start? Hmm...let's start with the lava. Bad news is...their chocolate lava doesn't have lava :( It's more like a brownie, in our opinions.

BUTTTTT! (Yep, there's a huge but) The brownie is so damn batshit crazy good! I love love love whatever they call it! Chocolate lava or brownie or whatever...it's good. It's really hot at the core(like how chocolate lavas are) and it's moist goodness is just so good!

The chocolate tasted really thick, moist and rich. Not cheap-tasting at all. One of the best brownies I've had!

In case you were wondering just like we did, the vanilla ice cream is hidden beneath the tall, generous amount of cream.

I really liked the cream too! It is very lightweight, not the kind that makes you feel fat, unhealthy and feel like puking. Too bad I was already really full from the main course or I would've finish up the cream along with the brownie haha I did ate most of it though XD



While their food and ambience were good, one thing that bothered me was...flies. There were like 2 or 3 flies around our table the whole time, really annoying. They should solve that problem soon cz flies are really unhygienic and just crazy annoying.

Overall, I'm happy with our meal at Bob's Kitchen! And you get to enjoy it too! I found a deal on Groupon and I shall share it with you people heh

(click picture for link)

For your convenience, Bob's Kitchen made it very very convenient with their information all set up online. You can get the latest info on promotions and even their full menu(awesome, right?).

Bob's Kitchen
Opening hours: Monday to Sunday, 11.30am-1am

Enjoy your meal!!

2 comments

  1. this place has halal certificate or not ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think so...they don't have pork, but they do have alcohol

      Delete

Instagram

Theme by BD