Social Media

Iftar; Fountain; Goodbyes

Finals are over!!!!! Now I have the time to type up a storm!...or several storms!

Just woke up from a couple hours nap at Michelle's since I moved out from my hostel earlier this morning. So. Very. Exhausting. Started to pack up yesterday evening and moved out by 10.30am today. I seriously have way too many things for a person who has to share a room :X

Thank you, big ass for repeatedly helping me move my things at the beginning and ending of my academic years lolol

Now that the moving is out of the way, I'm totally looking forward to my Sarawak trip tomorrowwwwwwz! More on that when I'm back :D

But first, let me type up some stale news haha Last weekend, I got to buka puasa aka iftar (break fast) with my Muslim friends at Nu Sentral! No, I'm not fasting..so it's just regular dinner for me lah (or like Char said, "buka puasa 3 times a day, when Moose asked if she was fasting hahaha) There were 13 of us from LIMA who met up and I don't know, it somehow didn't register in my mind that 13 is many. So when I saw the total turn up, I was surprised (good surprise) hahaha Silly me.

Mizi & Aizad. Met up earlier at Starbucks

Char and I wanted to meet up slightly earlier to shop around, which didn't happen cz Aizad and Mizi who were also early, decided to come join us and we just talked till the time was up haha

I salute my Muslim friends. We apologized for drinking our Caramel Frappe in front of them, but it didn't bother them at all. We were even discussing Vitamin Water prices! hahaha I feel like that's how it should be lah. Usually I wouldn't eat or drink in front of those fasting, but only because I'm being considerate..just like how other non-Muslims are, I believe. It's not like we're forced to do it. After all, one of the lessons to be learnt during the fasting month is to resist temptations. So I applaud those who are fasting but carry on life as if they weren't (in the sense that they don't purposely show that they're fasting).

Dinner at Peranakan Place

The four of us who came early decided on Peranakan Place cz the Europeans had sushi for lunch, so Plan A for Sushi Zanmai was out of the question. Not that they'd mind, but we decided to get something else. Melur & Thyme was out of my budget as a student *cough* Mizi *cough* :P Peranakan Place had an affordable menu and a long table, perfect!

Dinner was really fun with everyone talking over each other and reaching over to steal some of Aizad's Ayam Pongteh (not ayam porktail, Mizi hahahahaha I almost choked on my food when he answered Moose so very casually as if he was so confident it was that. Moose could only go "Wtf?" hahaha). It made me realize how much I've missed being around LIMA friends. Though we worked a lot during the event, we still had some fun, sharing lame jokes and some gossips.


(make a comic out of this!)

Since the plan was just to break fast with our Muslim friends, when asked what's next, I casually said "I don't know.. go home lah" and the disappointment on their faces were epic, man hahahaha

We decided to go to KLCC after a standing non-existent-round-table talk for the Lake Symphony shows. Great idea to hang out with friends cz it's entertaining and it's free hahaha Sadly, Gup, Naresh, Mai and Mizi had to leave. But that's okay, we had fun anyway :P 


nuisance in KL Sentral

Jonas, Manuel, Mizi, Tim
[ambassadors of LIMA hahaha]

Speaking of the LIMA polo-t, Tim told Char to wear the shirt with them. Not wanting to, she whined to me. I would've considered, but they didn't ask me :P hahaha Imagine if all 13 of us wore the shirt, we'd look like factory workers breaking fast together after work HAHA

We managed to catch 2 rounds of the dancing fountain show, which was pretty cool. It was also the last few days for our exchange student friends, so it was a nice way to end the night :)

this picture does no justice to to the show at all, but it's the only one I have lolol



I had a lot of fun buka puasa-ing with this bunch! Now I won't be seeing them till I'm back in KL in 2 months *sigh* And Naresh left to sail the seas too, and even more saddening is that our European friends have left/leaving *double sigh*

It was that night when we said our goodbyes to Jonas, Manuel, Tim and Tom. Tom hugged for a long time, which made sadness dawned on me. The last hug in a long time, the hug was very nice but very emotional too. I felt farewell, gratitude and "I'll miss you" all in one hug. Good one, Jungleman :P

Okay, not gonna go into sad mode cz Sarawak is tomorrow. So I shall stop here. Abrupt stops are the most annoying but it's for the best XD

Kuching, here I comeeeeeeee!! Omg can't wait for the kek batik, seafood and more food!!! And of course, gonna visit some attractions too hehe Quite a bummer we don't have time for Mulu Cave, but that's definitely on the itinerary for the next trip back :)


Happy fasting, friends! Nak duit rayaaaa :P

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD