Social Media

Hair Experiences at Number76, Bangsar2

This is a wordy blogpost because I didn't take photos at the salon :'( I know lots of people do, but I felt kinda awkward and shy to whip out my phone and start taking photos..especially since they're a well-known salon, me blogging about them would be kinda behind time lolol

Anyway, I still wanted to blog about their services I've experienced. I've been to the Number76, Bangsar 2 branch three times so far for their services and so far so good.

It's not that I've ever doubted them, but you know how things get overrated and it turns out just mediocre? Yeah...I was expecting that since this salon is highly raved by bloggers, celebrities and commoners alike.

1) Sparkling Scalp Hair Wash (aka Tansan)

Just a day before my final exam paper last semester, while Gup and I were in Bangsar, we decided to just walk-in to the salon for the Tansan hair wash.

This Sparkling Scalp Hair Wash is done by using carbonated water to cleanse deeply, removing excess oil and dirt from your hair and scalp. At the end of the hair wash, you'll be shown a cup of liquid with oily bubbles and flakes of scalp in it.

Since I washed my hair prior to meeting Gup, I wasn't all excited about it cz I felt like I should do it when my hair is at its greasiest and itching at the same time hahaha As a result, I still got myself some disgusting oily-bubbly layer and some scalp flakes in the carbonated water, but I'm sure it'd be worse if I went when my scalp is itching LOL

My head did feel much cleaner than when I usually wash it myself. I'd say its both the carbonated water and the technique of the stylist. I loooove their hair washes. It's always so relaxing, which the most recent one almost made me fall asleep :X I used to get my hair and scalp scrubbed using the fingernails, which hurt although it made me think it'll result in cleaner hair..but I read somewhere that you're not supposed to use your fingernails, but your fingertips.

With freshly washed hair, I felt so good cz I could just feel the clean-ess of my scalp...and when they(the only Indian stylist and Shaun) blow-dried my hair and styled it, ah...so pretty! I remember feeling the excitement and happiness cz I've been wanting slight curl/wavy hair and I got to see how I looked in it! Very very nice! Unfortunately, thanks to my super soft and fine hair, curls don't hold for more than 20 minutes lolol :'(

Gup getting her hair styled

I liked getting this hair wash cz it makes my hair and scalp so clean and airy!! And...don't we all have a guilty pleasure related to icky stuff? In this case, I actually like seeing the disgusting oil layer and scalp flakes LOL I know I like digging my toenails and smelling it hahahaha Okay, that's tmi :X

2) Haircut

Prior to my first visit, I bought a voucher on MyDeal.com.my for haircut(RM35). The actual price for a Senior Stylist is RM76. The voucher I bought was for first time customers, which I forgot about and went for the Tansan hair wash.

Since you become a member automatically upon your first visit, I suddenly remembered about my voucher and freaked cz I'm no longer a new customer! lolol

This is when I experience good customer service. I Facebook messaged Number76 and explained to them about my situation. I expected them to say I can no longer use it and I should transfer it to someone else. The latter part was true. To be exact, they said the voucher is transferable to my friend. However, if I would like to experience their service(hair cut), they're willing to make an exception for my case. I was mad happy! Shows that they're human after all XD

I chose Shaun as my stylist and I must say, he's the first hairdresser that cuts my hair like a speed machine. Don't worry, he not only works fast, his work is precise too. Believe it or not, he takes only about 10mins to cut my hair, if not less. The salon I used to go to back at home usually takes 2 hours for the entire process *face palm*. This took at most 35mins for the whole hair wash, cut, blow dry and not to forget the interval waiting time.

I used to have a slight phobia of getting my hair cut...like even when I really needed one, I'd feel nervous going to the salon. Reason is, all my life, the hairdressers will always cut shorter or differently from what I want. For instance, my deadly haircut in 2008, I wanted to cut my hair short for the first time in a long time.

It's not even close! *facepalm*

Laugh all you want. I was horrified myself...I'm surprised I could still smile in that photo hahaha Oh dear Lord!

That's just an example of the scariest experience la. Usually I just want a trim, but it'll end up shorter than I want it..especially the fringe. Not with Shaun though! I told him I only want a trim of say one and a half inch and that's exactly what he did. Because I love my current hair length and style, just that it was getting too long for my liking, hence I wanted a trim. And I got what I wanted! Since I have long fringe, I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it long or cut short bangs, so I asked for his opinion and he settled for mid-length which was awesome cz it's not a drastic change, yet looks fresh from a haircut!

Michelle said she can't tell the difference after the haircut lolol I felt that way too, but it was my fault cz I only wanted a trim. She felt that I should've gone all out and cut much shorter for a change since I'm at a rather pricey and reputable salon after all lol

Well, now that I've experienced what my stylist has to offer, I trust him with my hair and will be more courageous to have a drastic change in hairstyle(if I ever wanted one), knowing he will NOT make me turn out like some Chinese gangster boy hahaha

3) Colour

I love my natural black hair cz I feel it's not black black. To have my hair dyed black, it'll be much darker, which I don't like. However, I wanted to colour my hair cz it's been about 2 years since I had some colour in my hair. It gets boring sometimes.

I wasn't sure what colour I wanted, but I was sure I wasn't ready to bleach my hair- both mentally and financially lol According to Shaun, ash and reds does not require bleaching. While I love ash, I'm afraid there's not much difference in my hair colour unless under sunlight. And I wasn't keen on red cz everyone else seems to be doing red.

I stalked the Number76 stylists' Instagrams and narrowed it down to a few. I showed Shaun and we decided to do a reddish brown!


1- By Amy. I showed him this, but it requires bleaching, so I gave it a pass.
2- By Amy. Shaun took a look at it and said it's similar to another photo I had in my phone, #3.
3- By Shaun. We decided to do this! I've been wanting this for a few months and I got it!!!

I'm really happy with the outcome cz it's not too red, yet not entirely brown :D

I had a haircut too, since my hair was getting too long for my liking. I told Shaun I wanted one and a half to two inches off. He agreed saying not too short and proceeded to cut my hair. The cutting process was scarily fast, mind you. So fast like a machine cutting my hair! I was a bit scared, to be completely honest hahaha So I said "Woah, you cut really fast" which was meant as both a compliment and also to show that I'm a bit scared LOL

The awesome part is the preciseness matches the speed. I thought he'd cut a bit too much...then I measured and I was like O.O Holy cow! It was really around 2 inches or less! *sweat* Talk about professionalism and efficiency!

To add, I make sure to let my stylist know the issue with my hair is that its thin and fine...so I'd want a haircut to create some sort of optical illusion to make it look thicker. Usually, my regular stylist would stay away from layering, maybe just a tad bit at the ends. So after cutting the length, Shaun whipped out his layering scissors and cut the bottom parts of my hair. I was mostly horrified, but I didn't show it cz what's done is done, right? hahaha Miraculously, it didn't look thinner at all, it actually looks fine and feels thicker lolol I keep getting tricked. I shall never underestimate his skills.

First freshly done photo taken at Tedboy Bakery. Look at how glossy it is!!!!


Under super strong sunlight



By experiencing this, I really really trust him with my hair. I'm not the super fancy kind which changes my hairstyle often, but I've had my fair share of shitty looking hair and I don't want that ever lol

So yes, the hype about this salon is real...at least for my case with Senior Stylist Shaun. And I'll definitely be a returning customer, although not a frequent one. Not entirely because of my budget, bu I typically only go to the salon like once in 4-5 months.

Oh, I should add that the price of my hair colouring was RM240, since it's medium length. To me, the price is awesome. My first time getting my hair coloured, I paid about RM350(included some highlights) but didn't turn out that nice also... I happily did away with the RM240 cz I know it's worth the money and it'll turn out better than it did before lol

As for the haircut, it was RM76, which is really steep for me not gonna lie. My haircuts are usually RM30-RM35. I like the outcome of my haircut by Shaun though, and I guess since I'll be cutting my hair twice a year, maybe I'll spend it...but we'll see haha I mean, after all I don't want to have nice colour but shitty hair cut, right?

ps: Shaun is really nice and friendly. Actually, the ones I've talked too are all friendly- Sin Yee, Han and the only Indian guy working there(didn't get his name, sorry). Initially, I thought they'd be kinda serious and unfriendly since they all work with celebrities and such. Shaun is the stylist of Denise Chan, Linora Low and Dina Nadzir, by the way. And he's super friendly, mark my words.

Great service makes me a happy person!

2 comments

  1. Great post.. very informative & styles are good..

    If you want to have a hair transplant and want to know its cost, this topic is for you.
    What is the Average Cost of Hair Transplant in Dubai?

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Theme by BD