Social Media

Johnny Rockets BLAST OFF!

With no intention of delayed-blogging about my trip to Johnny Rockets, I present to you....*drum rolls*...... OUR OOTD(Outfit of the Day)! :P Don't hit me! heh


Now on to the serious stuffs. I first got to know about Johnny Rockets from a reality tv show, Undercover Boss. John Fuller, the President and CEO of Johnny Rockets went undercover as a newbie to a few diner outlets and that's where he finds what needs to be improved on and gets to know his employees. What attracted me in that episode was that their crew will dance in the diner! I mean, how cool is that?! haha

I Googled if there's any outlet in Malaysia and as expected, no. Then......came one day, I stumbled on a piece of news about their opening in KL at the end of October! I was thrilled! I have to go, I just have to.

So the moral of the story is: If you want to market your company, feature it on Undercover Boss hahaha That's like one of my favourite shows :D

After months of waiting and counting down the days to an unannounced date of opening, it's finally HEREEEEE! Here as in Johnny Rockets, The Curve, Mutiara Damansara! Location: The Street, next to Bubba Gump or perpendicular to Starbucks.


Faris and I have been waiting for a long long time to patronize this diner! So what better way than to brainwash Char and Gup with its goodness, right?! haha Muiz got to know about it only recently and of course he had to try it out too!


We arrived at Johnny Rockets at 8pm, but due to the many human beings, we were put on the waiting list for about 45mins to 1hour. I was hungry at that time, but I was willing to sacrifice being in hunger for another hour BECAUSE I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THEM FOR SOOOOO LONG!

Went into the mall to waste time and at around 8.50pm, I bumped into Michelle outside The Face Shop. She was there with her boyfriend and his two friends from the UK, for the same thing- Johnny Rockets. Since we arrived earlier, she decided to 'cut queue' by asking if they could 'join' us..lucky them, the person-in-charge managed to get two cubes(as they call it) back to back.

While we were waiting for our tables, the crew danced to That Thing You Do by The Wonders! I was soooo excited, I almost did a somersault! LOL Exaggeration right there, but I was happy, like my dream came true.


Waiting for the crew to clear our table. We sat outside, by the way.

That's Michelle's table.

Before I move on to the food, I'm gonna show you the interior of the diner. I'm sure you guys are as excited of the interior as I was! I mean, come on, American diners...need I say more? Johnny Rockets isn't my first diner, though..my first was Mel's Diner, Universal Studios Singapore. Anywayyyy, here are some photos of Johnny Rockets!(Not Johnny's Rocket :P)! 

The corner side of the shop. Love the seats!

Main entrance into the diner

Kitchen area

A jukebox! 

Indoor seating area

Bartender


Where drinks are made


And that's it for the indoor part of the diner! Now let's move on to some tummy-growling pictures XD

We were served by one of the crews, named William. Just a heads up, once you have your personal server, stick to him. Maybe it's just me that's ignorant to this system, but while deciding on what to have, I called another crew guy to ask what's recommended and he got all flustered and said he'll get William LOL Whoops. My bad :/






William came back and I asked what he recommended and we all proceeded with ordering our food and drinks. As it was almost closing time, they ran out on a lot of yummy food like fries, mushroom soup, chicken tenders and a couple of others which I don't remember.

Another heads up, your server(I don't even know if I'm using the correct term! lol) will take your order one by one. I mean, it's okay for you to order together as a group, but he'll get really confused haha Probably because it's a new restaurant, they're not too familiar with taking orders yet. If I'm not wrong, he wrote our orders down on individual papers(I think, something like that), so if you mix-order, he'll have to keep flipping his order chit. So yeah, be nice :)



Refer for the pricing :)

While waiting for our food, we were entertained by more routines by the crew! They danced and grooved and shake to some good ol' music! It was nice to listen to some oldies :D




People should learn to not use that walkway when they see a dance is going on =.="





The drinks came before the food, but it didn't take long for the food to arrive at the table! It was madness! Both the food and drinks!

Straw container

..with a system! haha

I got myself a Strawberry Milkshake, which upon finishing it, I realized they switched mine with Faris' Strawberry & Banana Milkshake :( It was good nevertheless. I love Charmaine's Chocolate & Peanut Butter which was recommended! It was so thick, that by the end of it you'll probably get a sore throat(LOL) and mmmm so good!


The milkshakes came with a can, and in case you're wondering what's in the can, it's actually some extra milkshake they made. How awesome is that, right? No wastage here!


A few minutes passed as we were fussing over our yummy milkshakes and soon, our food arrived! *squeal*


I got myself a Bacon Cheddar Single, which was also recommended and damn it. It's so good, no wonder it's recommended haha A downside to their menu is that they don't have a symbol next to recommended items, so you have to ask. I'm sure they all have to be tried, so I'll go back for more :D


Came with sweet potato fries as a replacement for regular fries


Dissected my burger for a photo

After taking the photos of my burger, I ate with my hands. And at the first bite, in my head I went:

hahaha

The beef patty was fat yet soft and easy to chew, the cheddar complimented the entire burger, they weren't stingy with their cheese haha And omg the bacon! This is how bacon is suppose to be! LOL It was salty, which went so well with my burger that I loved loved loved it! Now I know how that guy in the photo above felt. If you haven't watched the video before, I'll include it below for your entertainment :)





Happy people being happy with their food!...don't ask me what's with Faris' old man wannabe expression LOL

Not to forget the cute gesture of drawing on smiley faces with ketchup! Very creative of them, I would say :D




Aren't they cuteeeeee? *_*

Gup, Char and I was already full though we've only eaten half our food. Also, they were closing soon.. so we decided to pack our food and finish our milkshake before moving to our next destination- durian buffet.


Oh! Before we went off, Char and Gup wanted to join in a dance routine and so they did! If my memory didn't fail me, I think they danced to Stupid Cupid by Connie Francis. There was another song which I don't remember...but what I do remember is that they really had fun!


My verdict: Delicious and tasteful food, quality milkshakes, pretty diner and friendly stuff....WORTH MY MONEY :D Sure, it's rather pricey(like the price of TGIF and Chili's), but once a while is okaylah hehe

Time to race over, don't cha think? XD

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD