Social Media

Shellfish Weekends feat. Scallop-Q

So I went to Taipei, sometime last week.


Tiny Taipei

hahahahahaa

What's so funny? It's not the real Taipei, it's a small section in Berjaya Times Square looool


It's been a long time since I went to Berjaya Times Square, mostly because it's out of the way AND the shops there mostly sell clothes that are not of my style. Now, rummage through the shops and I can find a couple of clothes that I would wear..in a non-Chinesis way haha Speaking of which, omg! I saw this really cute white shirt with stitched Dutch people across the chest area. It looks wayyy cuter than I described it hahaha It was going for RM55, not sure if I'm allowed to bargain, but I may or may not go back there to get it :X

My family would know I'm crazy over scallops, but it's not easy to find. Japanese restaurants sell them, but it can be price at RM10 for four small scallops. I know scallops are expensive, but the student in me can't really afford.

One day, I randomly surfed my way to Groupon.my and guess what I discovered?! A scallops deal! 3 sticks of 4 scallops on each, for the price of RM12 instead of RM17!


I bought it and the following week, I went on a solo adventure to Berjaya Times Square to hunt down Scallop-Q(the name of the kiosk)!

Scallop-Q is situated in Tiny Taipei on the third floor. Just walk in straight and turn right at the junction and you'll see this!

This is what you'll see upon reaching

Counter where you place your order and make payment

Their layout is a bit odd, isn't the ordering counter suppose to face the front and not the side? haha The lady directed me to it when I present to her my Groupon at the eating side of the kiosk lol Now that you know, head for the side part of the kiosk.


Scallop-Q has eleven flavours of scallops you can choose from! For a scallop lover, I was all rambang mata not knowing which to choose! Good thing for me, my deal entitles me to three sticks, so I get to choose 3 out of 11! muahaha


When in doubt, always ask for what's recommended. After all, you'd want to try their best, right? She recommended Natural Sea Salt, Japanese Seaweed and Barbecue Bonito. I decided to opt for French Garlic instead of Japanese Seaweed and went with the other two she suggested :)

Scallops on the grill!


Waited for about 10 minutes before she came over to hand me my 3 sticks of scallops! It smelled burnt, but that's probably the smell you get from something grilled. It wasn't burnt, by the way.

Barbecue Bonito, Natural Sea Salt, French Garlic



And now for the judgement time.
Barbecue Bonito: I could taste a hint of barbecue sauce, wasn't too thick till it clouded the taste of the scallop! BUT...when I ate the 3 sticks, I got confused as to which was the barbecue one because they all tasted like they have barbecue sauce hahaha my tongue playing tricks on me :/ I'd appreciate a bit more sauce on this one :)

Natural Sea Salt: I wasn't sure if I wanted to get this initially, picturing huge coarse salt crystals on my scallops..but it wasn't the case at all! The saltiness was just right for my taste buds. I can say this is my favourite of the three. Natural is no doubt the best XD

French Garlic: This one was a tad too garlic-ky for me. Although the garlic taste wasn't too overwhelming, I didn't like the lots of garlic chunks covering my scallops. It wasn't hard for me to down the four pieces of scallops, but I'd prefer slightly less garlic on them. She was probably being generous on the garlic chunks haha

Scallops make me happy :D

Verdict: (7/10) Yes, I'd go back for more scallops because I LOVE SCALLOPS!!! But I wouldn't go all the way there just for it...meaning, if I happen to be in the vicinity, I would buy some.

***

Two weeks ago was Michelle's graduation, so my family were up in Sunway! We got a Groupon deal for 3 medium-sized crabs for the price of RM28! We bought 2 Groupons, so we had 6 crabs! Wheeeee! That's crazy cheap because usually 2 medium-sized crabs would cost you about RM100 :/

Right hand side, by the way. I deleted the non-edited photos :/ Top: Kam heong Bottom: Salted Egg(dry)

***

And finally, just last Friday, I went over to Subang Jaya to meet Charmaine for lunch! We bought a Groupon voucher of 12 mussels for RM20! We had it at Salute Dining & Wine, SS15. We thought we could get 2 different flavours, but apparently not. Should've have gotten two Groupons of 6 mussels instead. Boo!

Mornay; Shallot, butter, bay leaves, nutmeg, and Parmesan cheese

The mussels were reaaaally good, especially with the butter and Parmesan cheese. I couldn't taste any nutmeg though :/ I was actually looking forward to taste how the nutmeg would compliment the mussels. I like the French baguette that came with it as it went well with the mussels.

And there you have it! A blog post on all the shellfishes I had recently! haha Actually, I only just realized while typing out this post that they're all from Groupon deals! Hey, this should totally be an advertorial post for Groupon, don't you think? heh

To make it more ad-ish: Groupon has lots of deals ranging from food to electronics to beauty treatments to travel packages! Very useful for students(who has a limited amount of money), those who want to try something for the first time(if you don't like it, at least you didn't pay much for it) and basically....Malaysians. We all want cheap cheap cheap, discount discount discount, right? hahaha I know you so well because I'm Malaysian too LOL Therefore, click on this link Groupon.my and shop away!

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD