Social Media

Char's 20th


12.1.2013

...was Char's birthday! We usually do birthday outings in advance or belated, never on the day itself because we have school on weekdays. This time was different!...different good!

First off, we wanted to try out the new cafe in town, Chaiwalla & Co., which I will blog about in my next post. 


Sat down for some yummy honest tea and chit chat the day away! We had so much to catch up on, which felt really good when we got to talk to each other after some time :)


The bosses of the cafe found out that it was her birthday, and gave her a packet of biscotti! How thoughtful!


Spent an hour and a half hanging at the cafe, then we're off walking around Jalan Tan Hiok Nee. The clothing shops weren't opened yet, so we decided to go to a Johor Bahru Chinese Museum nearby.

I just noticed my gray jeans are baggy :/


This museum consists of four floors, which consists of Johor's trade history, the Chingay festival, the gangster stuff and one more, which I don't remember. Very informational and educational. Since we've studied History and there were quite a number a memory triggers, it was kinda exciting.

Honestly, I was zoning out half way through the museum, only to find out there's four floors while I'm only at the second. Mostly because I was really tired(it was supposed to be my rest day) and I like museums, but not a huge fan :X So at first when I found out we had to pay RM6(for adults) but got student price, RM2, I was still a little reluctant to pay hahah


At the highest level, it was all about the Ghee Hin(Ngee Heng) secret society. From rules amongst the brothers to ways one would hold the tea cup to identify a certain group to altar arrangements and all that gangster stuff lah.

Here, we got a little activity to do...no, not some martial art stunts, but more like stamping on a brochure we were given at the ticket counter. I don't know what the stamps say though, since I'm Chinese illiterate haha 



Our tummies were grumbling by the end of the museum tour! The birthday girl decided to lunch at Hua Mui, which is a rather old restaurant. My first time there was a few years back when my mom brought us there because it's been there since her younger days and they're still using some old ways of using a pulley to bring food up and down to the first and second level.


I had Mongolian Chicken with Rice. It tasted good, worth my RM5.80 or so. I was initially torn between getting either that or Butter Chicken, but since I've never tried this, I decided to go for it after asking the waitress if it was good.lol

Has a buttery taste to it, and a tiny bit spicy.



For once, my lunch cost less than RM10 hahah Usually, when I'm out with my friends, we'll eat at cafes or eateries that would take at least RM25 from my wallet. So I was rather happy with that cheap factor :D



Note: We're in for LIMA 2013! This time, Michelle's joining us too! Can't wait for the last week of March :D We attended the briefing last Saturday and it was great to see familiar faces. But for now, it's time for me to get back to my 3-11pm work :/

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD