Social Media

Chaiwalla & Co.


Chai is the word for tea in many parts of the world.

A newly opened cafe(not just any cafe, but a container cafe), Chaiwalla & Co. is situated somewhere along Jalan Tan Hiok Nee. If you're a frequent around the area for Roost, IT Roo and such, it'll be very easy to find as it's all around the same area.

I first got to know about it from seeing a friend's album on my Facebook timeline, with this place checked-in. Didn't give much thought to it since I've been rather busy. Then Char suggested to try it out on a Saturday, which is her birthday!



Chaiwalla & Co. was featured in a news article in New Straits Times, which I didn't read of because I buy TheStar.

I forgot to take photos of the menu, but you get to customize your own drinks.
1) The bases you get to choose from: Tea, Milk Tea, Coffee, Smoothie.
2) Then you choose your preferred flavour
4) Toppings
5) Sugar level

If it's your first time, you want to try something different or unsure of what to get, they'll be happy to assist you. Just like they did with us haha

That's me picking out my milk tea, with one of the bosses' recommendation of pure yogurt flavour and yogurt pops topping (Photo credits to Charmaine)

There's Chrysanthemum Tea and Vietnamese coffee, and a kids' menu!

I got Set B, which includes a cold drink and puff/pie. Set A is basically the same, but hot drink instead.

Pies: Chicken mushroom(I think) and black pepper beef, Puffs: Tuna

Flavoured teas are sold, but if you're interested in buying it, they'll help you place an order since they have to get it from the supplier. One box is RM25. For your information, they're NOT in sachets inside, but loose tea leaves. So, basically you'll be doing your own stuff like a pro.

Hibiscus tea seems like a good idea to me XD


(Photo credits to Charmaine: right)


From right: Char's, mine, Gup's


I wanted coffee initially, since I'm more of a coffee person. But Chaiwalla & Co. obviously leans more towards tea, so naturally, I got something they're more known for/specializes in- tea.


(Photo credit to Charmaine)

The Saffron Rose flavour caught my attention, but the guy suggested that for Char's tea and I don't like having the same thing, plus it lets us taste different flavours if we all didn't get the same thing, right?

I prefer milk tea, so I chose that. While for the flavour, I wasn't sure what to get, so the guy suggested pure yogurt, with yogurt pops topping. I was curious as to what pure yogurt flavour would taste like with milk tea...and I didn't know what yogurt pops were. Sounds a tad disgusting, but I gave it a shot.



Surprisingly, it tasted really good! I liked my drink the most, probably because it's milk tea haha No, the milk tea did not taste sour like yogurt ice creams would. It has that yogurt and a hint of soury taste, nothing too overwhelming like when I eat J.Co or Tutti Fruitti's yogurt ice creams or disgusting like spoilt milk.

And if you don't know what yogurt pops is, like I didn't, it looks like the black pearls in drink, only light-coloured and transparent. It's much softer and it POPS! when you bite into it, and the juices flow out.

with my black pepper beef pie (Photo credit to Charmaine)

The pies are those with peas, cubed carrots and such with very plain-tasting filling. It's not bland, I'm just trying to describe it as non-shepperd's pie with mashed potato-ish or curry-ish.

Personally, I don't like pie like these..not their fault, just my preferences. And funny enough, Char's Chicken Mushroom pie had the black pepper taste, while my Black Pepper Beef pie didn't LOL Gup's Tuna puff was good! I liked that the best :D We wanted to try different flavours, that's why we all got different pies/puff, which was all they had :P

Birthday girl with her pie (Photo credit to Charmaine)

(Photo credit to Charmaine)

The cafe is able to hold about thirty sit-down customers, which is pretty small. There's the shaded and open air area. To think of it, both aren't good for rainy days. I think when they earn enough bucks to cover their business costs, they should maybe get another container or two for an indoor seating area in addition to the few tables outside :)

(Photo credit to Charmaine)

(Photo credit to Charmaine)

At first we sat outside because there's more space(which translates to more privacy) and the lightings outside is always better. Then came two uncles who were puffing away on their cigarettes and the smoke was blown towards us because of the wind direction..and so, we changed spot :D

(Photo credit to Charmaine)

It's a nice place to chill with your friends or family, just not in large numbers or they'll have to either stand or sit cross-legged on the ground :P

(Photo credit to Charmaine)

(Photo credit to Charmaine)

So grab your friends and grab some tea!..or any other drinks of your choice :) It's worth the money, only about RM4-6 and the experience!

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD