Social Media

Where Explorers Dine

Isn't it wonderful when someone calls you up and ask if you'd like to hang out? It feels great!..though I don't get calls often :P

After my emo post on having friends, but none to go out with, Char called me up at night and informed that she was back from KL for a day before leaving for a road trip with her family! We decided to catch Breaking Dawn Part II, since it came out while our exams were on...and that's why we're so late!

The movie was definitely good. I'm not a huge crazy fan of Twilight or its characters, but I've followed since the first movie, so I just have to finish watching it! Gotta finish what you've started, right? All I gotta say is, there's so much head-plucking! I'm kinda immune though, since I've been watching The Walking Dead which has brain-shootings and head-choppings hahah

For lunch, Char drove us out of AEON Bukit Indah to The Marco Polo Kitchen nearby! Speaking of its name, the boss of the restaurant should open a chain with different names..like Cheng Ho(for Chinese cuisine) and Ibn Battuta(for Arabic/Middle East cuisine)! haha Too bad Christopher Columbus and Vasco da Gama would have almost the same menu as Marco Polo. No, wait. Vasco da Gama would have Portuguese cuisine!

What on Earth am I saying?!

Let's just cut to the chase and let me introduce to you, The Marco Polo Kitchen

That's Char, for those who don't know

(Read her side of the story here)

The restaurant is situated in Bukit Indah, very near Tesco and AEON Bukit Indah. It's a corner lot to the new row of shops just opposite Jusco, on the right turning after a traffic light. If I'm not wrong, it's after the the new Hotel Grenada.

There are four seating areas, where you can choose to dine at on the ground floor. There's another level too, but since it was lunch and wasn't as packed as dinner, we didn't get to go upstairs.

(Photo credits to Char)

(Photo credits to Char)

As we enter, I saw this antique-looking drawer which they place their menus on. It kinda reminds me of the safe which Rose's portrait was found in, in Titanic.

(Photo credits to Char: right)

I know how some restaurants and cafes doesn't allow us to take photos of their menu, but not this one! Their menu is in a form of a newspaper/bulletin.



Their menu comprises Italian food like pasta, sandwiches, chickens, fishes and pizzas(which I think is pretty good! Correct me if I'm wrong) and also Asian food like..well, rice and noodles LOL I'm only saying that because I don't remember their Asian menu :/

The price for a main course starts from about RM17, mostly around RM25. Of course, Asian dishes are slightly cheaper at about RM10-RM15.

Actually, you can check out their full menu here at The Marco Polo Kitchen! Isn't it just awesome and convenient, being able to browse through the menu at your own sweet time? :D The prices are listed too! That's a plus :D


Damnnnn! Why didn't I see Caramel Milkshake or Ice Blended Caramel then? Actually, I didn't bother looking at the milkshakes since I knew I'd be too full with my food..so I wouldn't be able to finish my milkshake :(

Our waiter was quite nice and friendly. What I don't get though, is that he seems to be in a hurry! Like when we're placing our orders, he'll want to take our menus away even before we've finished ordering. It's as if he didn't want us to place more orders :/



ME! :D (Photo credits to Char)

We felt a bit adventurous and decided to get a mocktail. There's no alcohol, of course. I think that's why they call it mocktail, since it's a fake version of cocktail haha I kinda wanna try a cocktail sometime too! (If only Joe were here, he'll protect me if I get drunk hahaha)

MP Awakening, RM12.99 (Photo credits to Char: right)

It's a mixture of lime juice, pineapple juice, orange juice, blue curacao and soda. No idea what blue curacao is, but the drink tasted..like the mixture of those fruit juices. I couldn't taste the soda, probably it's just for that gassy effect in the throat. It's more limey though.

Char said it tasted like detergent!hahaha I can understand why, our dish wash liquid has lime smell lol 

(Photo credits to Char)

Char ordered a coffee based drink, which she didn't like in the end either. So we shared it, along with a glass of iced water. She said it tasted like cigarette ash..and drinking it feels like holding up an ashtray to her nose LOL I think it's from the hazelnut..I like hazelnut coffee, but yeah, I noticed the ash-smell as the after taste. Maybe it's their special ingredient :P


Ice Blended Hazelnut Latte, RM9.99

(Photo credits to Char)

As for the main course, I shall say that I tried ordering something that's the cheapest among the ones I like. That makes me feel less guilty spending so much for lunch when I'm suppose to be earning, or at least saving.

Grilled Chicken Salsa, RM17.99

It wasn't too bad, but I expected the salsa to be more tomato-ish, as I like it. The brown sauce was good, though a tad salty and the chicken breast was well cooked, not bloody or overcooked. Only thing was I don't usually like chicken breast since I prefer more surface area to be marinated or sauced, like chicken wings or drumstick, unless the chicken breast are cut in to smaller chunks. I just don't like the tasteless-meaty part, but that's just my preference, not really the chef's problem XD

Oh! They should also be a little more generous with the sauce, so that I can use it for the drier parts of the chicken :)

(Photo credits to Char)

Char's pick was a sandwich.

There's an ongoing promotion for weekdays here! If I'm not wrong, when you buy two main courses and two drinks, you'll get the lower priced main course for free! The waiter's explanation wasn't that clear, so that's what I understood :)

Cajun Chicken Sandwich, RM15.99

The sandwich was rather blegh. The bread was dry and it was neither crispy nor soft. It's like they toast/grilled it, but not long enough, so it's kinda like on the fence. Not good. Chicken and cheese and everything in between the buns were okay tasting, but again, dry and doesn't really blend together well.

The fries, however, were good! I really liked their fries and I think they should have like a special/homemade sauce as dippings :D

I'd agree with Char on their plating though! It was on a chopping board and the fries were in a...spade? haha Whatever you call that lah. But yeah, it was cool :)


As for desert, we ordered crème brûlée! It's one of my favourite deserts, but only a few which I've tried tasted good. It comes in a large serving, so make sure you share it between two or three people!

Their crème brûlée is pretty good! It wasn't too eggy or had bits of vanilla powder like the one I had in Tong Pak Fu. It really has to be shared though cz even when both of us shared, I was on the verge of puking already!haha It gets overwhelmingly creamy, sweet and tummy-filling as you eat more and more haha

Crème brûlée, RM9.99

Mmmmmm..mm (Photo credits to Char)

We wanted to order MP Gula Melaka, which has sago and coconut milk..another of my favourite!! But the waiter told us it wasn't good. I pointed out the fact that it had the thumbs up sign next to the name, which meant it's recommended, but he just dismissed it lmao So I guess it's not very reliable then :/

Here's a side story. Apparently, the manager thought we were some journalists after seeing us, especially Char taking photos of the buns somewhere near the back of the restaurant LOL After introducing himself and ourselves, we tried convincing him we took pictures just for the fun of it, but he doesn't seem to believe and came back to give us his name card haha Some food gourmet in disguise, maybe? :P

(Photo credits to Char)

At the end of the day, I had fun and am happy I got to hangout with my friend ALMOST spontaneously haha!

(Photo credits to Char)


To Char: Thanks for being a great friend, though I know you probably needed your sleep to recharge for more adventure with your family the next day :D

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD