Social Media

My take on "Fifty Shades of Grey"

(Update! Summary to Fifty Shades Darker)

My favourite colour! Well, that's not the point. The point is, I recently got hold of this read-by-many e-book! Yes, it's that one on the Ellen Show, yes, it's that erotic novel, yes, to all that bondage thing this book is known for- Fifty Shades of Grey.

Oh, might I add that it was initially a Twilight fan fiction written by the author, E. L. James :)


For those of you who hasn't read it, here's my summary of the book.

Anastasia Steele is a literature student, fresh graduate, virgin girl. She shares a house with Katherine Kavanagh, her best friend. She met Christian Grey, the filthy rich, handsome guy with a dark side when she had to stand in for Kate's interview with him for their university's student magazine when Kate was sick.

They met each other again after the interview in a few situations, which I felt, shows that Christian was trying to get close to her, to meet her again. In fact, he admits he's drawn to her though he knows he's not good for her. She fell for him anyway.

Then comes the famous part- the dark side of Christian Grey. In order for him to take her as his submissive, she has to sign a contract stating the rules & regulations, the do's and don'ts. He just doesn't have sex normally. He has a crazy thing for BDSM style.lol

All Ana really wants is a lovey-dovey relationship, one with love involved and she's afraid that he might hurt her during their sexual acts in his infamous Red Room of Pain(where it's fully equipped with what a BDSM person could ever ask for). While on the other hand, Christian has a past which seem bad, but wasn't really revealed, so he doesn't go for love, just sex. No touching him either, which makes Ana very frustrated.

As the story goes, they're both willing to compromise- her, try to accept the spankings and him, try to give her more.. more love, more coupley things. This book ends hanging though.. it ends with her leaving him because she felt that she could not give him what he needs(crazy BDSM sex), while he can't give her what she wants(love).

Actually, right...it's super duper obvious that he loves her..or at least likes her back. Well, I feel that way when reading it. Kate and Ana's mum pointed out so too. But she doesn't believe them, shrugging off the fact in her head that all he wants from her is to be his submissive, thinking he'll never love her.

But, omg! He's so sweet! He or they, had many firsts together. From her sleeping in his bed after sex to her meeting his family for dinner and him bringing her to do his favourite pastime- plane gliding. Of course, he's odd in the way he's crazy over BDSM sexual style, but I guess there's always something different about a person. He can't be too perfect, right?

- - - - - - -

..which brings me to my likes and dislikes of this book. (mostly likes :P)

Likes:
- I love the fact that he's caring and rushes to Ana at night when she and her friends went to a bar anJosé(her friend) tried to force himself on her(he likes her, by the way) when she was drunk, he came to her rescue after her drunk and angry phone call to him! Basically, he tries to meet her needs and be there for her :)
- He's also pretty protective, in the sense that he worries about her safety.. even buying her a new Audi to replace her Beetle, which might breakdown anytime.
- He surprised her by upgrading her flight to first class when flying to Georgia to meet her mum, brought her plane gliding, which is really sweet and romantic, I feel..because it's what he enjoys doing and I feel he doesn't really open up to anyone, less share his favourite pastime with them..but he does it with her.
- I also like how Ana and Christian would email each other frequently, the titles of their emails are funny and cute.
- One thing I like about Kate is, she's very similar to Christian, character wise. They're both the type where they carry themselves well, not afraid to speak their mind..the A type personality in general, I would say. So when she found out Christian made Ana cry, despite the fact that he's a famous and rich guy, she gave him a piece of her mind :)

Dislikes:
- Too many sex scenes LOL I got pretty bored when almost reaching the end of the book, I felt like skipping the part, but I hate it when I skip a part and the next part has something related to the part I skipped..annoying! So, I  brisk through.lol 
- BDSM sexual preference. I know, it's just a story and it's just a preference..everyone has different likings. But I just found it icky when he spanks her hard and whips her with a leather belt(which was her last straw before she left)..I mean, threatening her when she rolls her eyes at him or when she defies him is acceptable, in fact, pretty hot..but punishing that way just doesn't work for me :/
- Ana's her inner goddess. All she wants is sex, got sex- jumps up and down, or lying goddess-like on her side eating grapes(=.="), no sex- she's disappointed, mad and out of her mind. I like the fact that Ana still knows what she really wants beyond sex and her inner goddess though.

I actually have more likes and dislikes about this book, but it's not coming to me at the moment..I should start having a notepad with me everywhere I go. But enough of that, I think you should read the book. It's pretty good!

Like my sister, Michelle...I prefer holding a physical paper book rather than an electronic device, but I let it pass this time since I'm getting it for free..why not? :D

I got it here: download, regular download
Just to inform, yes, an ad-like window will pop up. You'll have to click on one of the links, go through the short tasks and within 5 minutes, you'll get to download it for FREE! I know it's odd, like it's a scam, but I tried and it worked! I unsubscribed from my phone though, or it'll start charging me for those subscriptions. (Any questions on the download, feel free to ask me via commenting on this post)

Oh! They're even making a movie on this book and I CAN'T WAIT!! They're casting the actors and actresses, which I find do not match the characters AT ALL!


Ian Somerhalder seems to be on top of the list for Christian Grey, which for me, "OMG! NO WAY!" He does not fit the bill. In fact, none of those guys in the photo above fits the image of Christian! Not Robert Pattinson, not Chris Evans, not Chris Hemsworth! Certainly not that scary-sex-maniac-old-man lookalike at the top middle! NO! NO! NO! I can safely say I'm very neutral with my decision because I'm not a fan nor am I a hater or any of those actors above. Just...no, please.

One very exciting thing, though..I don't know who this guy is, but I stumbled on his photo in Google search when getting the book cover's photo. HE is what I picture Christian Grey to be! Yippee! Please please please...be Christian Grey! Oh, wait! He's in the middle of the photo above!haha


In this photo, it fits like a puzzle already! Christian is a famous businessman which appears in magazines! It's like he has a face now! It's just perfect! *tears* 


As for the role of Anastasia Steele, I haven't found a suitable-BULL'S EYE! actress. Though reluctant, I think among the girls in the photo above, Elizabeth Olsen is close enough to play the role. Others, very very not suitable. Let me just point out why.

1) Emma Stone: She has the bitchy look, doesn't look innocent and virgin-ish like Ana. I feel she's play a good role of Kate, though! Considering Kate's bubbly and happy side when she's with Elliot! And Emma looks appropriate enough to be firm, stern, serious and professional, just like Kate.

2) Kristen Steward: Oh, please no. She looks too emotionless, a little too un-girly to play Ana. Plus, I can't imagine her doing the BDSM stuff.lmao

3) Top right girl, Alexis Bledel, bottom left and bottom right girl: too stern and matured-looking.

4) Emma Watson: I like her, but she's just too unsuitable to play Ana. I don't know what, but it just isn't right.lol Maybe she looks really smart, well, Ana is smart too..but I mean, Emma has that up-to-something and cunning look LOL

5) Bottom middle girl: She looks a little funny.lol I feel the Ana quality isn't there.

All in all, I hope they pick the right cast. I don't wanna be disappointed! I'm excited to see who they pick to play Ana!! As for Christian, I'm reaaaaally really hoping for that Matt Bomer guy, whoever he is :D

Well, off I go to load the next book- Fifty Shades Darker into my phone for my 4-hour travel to KL! :D

4 comments

  1. OMG Mi I've been searching for the pdf version/ebook online but I couldn't find it! Where did you read it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thaaaaank you! I'm going definitely to read the book now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I really like what you've written, although I don't agree on everything ^^

    I'm actually starting with the second book right now! :D Was searching the web for Fifty Shades, don't remember what I was gonna check, but then I stumbled into your blog :P

    I really hope they choose the right actors for the movie! After reading the first book I have my expectations. Matt Bomer really is the perfect guy!! As for Ana, I have no idea, it seems like all the girls they talk about are wrong for the part :/ The character of Ana's too innocent for any of these famous actresses. They should choose a girl who isn't too well-known with a certain shyness and, as you said, be virgin-ish :P

    Well, I'll read Fifty Shades Darker now and hope you have a great day! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Theme by BD