Social Media

Harry Potter Exhibition + Dairy Queen

Actually it's been awhile since I was in Singapore. The last time was probably during Christmas.. Anyway, I'm back there for the Harry Potter Exhibition at the ArtScience Museum!! I'm a little disappointed that I gave Titanic a miss..almost not on purpose. Almost.

We got to Marina Bay Sands The Shoppes at about 11 plus, there was a slight jam at Jurong East, so we were later than planned. As usual, mum would haul a bag or two of food all the way from JB(as if Singapore is some jungle) and we pitied her since it was heavy. So, we ate and drank some of what she brought before continuing our journey to the ArtScience Museum right next to MBS.


(Credits to Rebecca)

Nice and shady :)

A couple of steps and we're there! Oh, I forgot to mention, my two little cousins came along too since they're Harry Potter fans.. but the Mandarin book version.lol


Got our 12pm ticket, and the adventure begins!! The ticket is priced at: $24 for adult, $14 for kids.

Why did I strain my neck? :/ (Credits to Rebecca)


Took the lift down to B2 :D

As usual, they didn't allow photography inside :( WHYYYY WHYYY? It's soooo cool and nice and pretty and awesomeeee! So, before entering, here's them at the entrance, there's actually Ron's dad's flying car as a prop above them.


(Credits to Rebecca)

The exhibition was pretty good, reminds me a lot of The Lord of the Rings' Exhibition I went for years back at the Science Centre. I didn't read the Harry Potter books, not even one. So usually when my friends talk about the characters and items, I'm often left blank and clueless.

I managed to catch all the movies on Channel 5, though! The last part, I watched it in the theatres :) However, I still don't know well enough what everything is called, who is named what and so on..

BUT!! I surprised myself that I knew almost everything, or at least recognized almost everything at the exhibition!hehehe I'm so proud of myself! I'm gonna rewatch the movies when I have time and probably read the books after STPM. Going for this exhibition makes me want to go to the theme park either in Florida or LA even moreeeeeeee!

The store at the end of the exhibition sold many items like Bertie Bott's($6), bookmark & pen wand($25), HP/house/muggles t-shirts(Kids-$40, Adults-$50), Marauder's Map($60), house hoodies($70), house scarves($40), beanies($35), ties, badges, tickers, mugs, bookmarks, chocolate frog and some other merchandises.

I love Marauder's Map, but it was expensive and unnecessary, so it's a no-no!lol Andddd I got this for Joe!! It was initially for his anniversary present, but I figured I can't hold on to it for so long! It's just plain torture to myself.LOL So, I decided to buy it for him just because :)

Guess what is it!!

It's Gryffindor house's scarf!!! :D It's quite thin, but super comfy. Not sure if it'll help for winter.lol

Later, after the exhibition, we headed for Bugis! After Michelle met up with her friend, Ponna for a couple of minutes, we were all starving, so instead of shopping before lunch, we lunched first!...at MOS Burger. It was our first time there, and I didn't know it was Japanese till I checked online for the menu!lol


It's delivered in a basket like this. Kinda cute :D

Michelle and I shared the yummy Wagyu Beef Cheeseburger!

....and we got some Garlic 'n' Lemon Mussels. I liked this better than the fresh ones.

Rebecca's Teriyaki Chicken Burger

Mummy's Yakiniku Rice Burger! (Credits to Rebecca)

Both my little cousins got Fish Burger, which I didn't take pictures of.

All amped up for more walking after lunch, so it's squeezing through crowds timeeee! Bugis Street was crowded, as usual. I didn't get anything from there this time, as I usually would. It's probably because I've spent quite a sum this trip, I'm saving up and thank God, their clothing stocks aren't that nice this time round.hehe So, yes! I managed to not spend a few $10 notes on clothings.

Before heading back to Jurong East, where my mum parked her car, we took the train to Farrer Park station, where the City Square Mall is!!! ANDDDD that's where the very rare Dairy Queen is!!!

(Credits to Rebecca)


By the way, Dairy Queen is from the US, I bought Joe's birthday cake from there. And they're famous for their Blizzard, which is basically ice cream mixed with candies, chocolates, and everything nice..ie. M&M's, Reese's, Banana cream pie, Snickers and so on.


The outlets in Singapore aren't shops, but like those Baskin Robbins' stands? Stalls? Yeah, that. They only had deserts, no burgers or fries or chicken wraps or hotdogs. We wanted to get the Waffle Bowl Sundaes, but they ran out of waffle :( So, we got....

Dipped Cones

M&M's Blizzard(Regular), Strawberry Cheesequake(Small)


and....Caramel Moolatte! This is super yummy!


We ordered too much, we were too tired, I ate and drank till I was soooo full, I was on the verge of vomitting! But still, it was gooooood. I wish there was a nearer outlet. Maybe like in JB *fingers crossed*

Rebecca got this for me from a Korean shop near DQ. It's handmade! I should've went with her..but I was too full, I could hardly move.haha


Home sweet home at around 9pm after dropping my cousins off :)

I didn't mention, but after lunch at MOS Burger, I met up with Yen Shan who passed me my belated birthday present and gifts from South Korea!!!!!! It's heavy, I thought she left a gold bar inside :P She got me plenty of stuffs!! I'm so grateful! :')

Yes, the bag managed to support the box well and it didn't tear at the bottom.haha

The packaging was actually kinda cool!lol

I unwrapped the paper, and I was welcomed by this!


the KP stamp is limited edition :)

To Yen Shan: haha wow, you bought that post card for me?!! How awesomeee! And yes, come to JB and tell me the plan okay? I'll bring you around to eat eat eat!!! :D And...imitate me?LOL Since when I do that pig nose la?haha

She said she'll support my relationship with Joe!! :D Thank youu!hehe

Look at those!! And btw, the Ellen book is hers..I borrowed it from her.

so many travel themed items! just because she knows I love them! somehow there's no USA though.haha WHYYYYYYY? :P

Lotte snacks too!

cute t-shirts that are a little big, but fits just fine :)

anddddd the box I passed to her to get Kyle Patrick to sign it for me!!! THANK YOU! :D

Here's a side story. While we were on our way to the ArtScience Museum, we had to interchange at the Marina Bay station to get on the Circle Line to get to Bayfront. By the time we ran down the escalator, the train's red light was blinking, meaning it was gonna close in a few seconds.

Michelle was right in front, while mum was at the back. She called out so Michelle wouldn't enter, leaving one or more of us left behind. But Michelle just went for it, I rushed in with her, followed by Rebecca and my two cousins who slide in fashionably.... leaving my mum outside, with people in the train staring back at her while the door closes, at her blank expression. Michelle made sign languages telling her to get off the next station, which is understood. Phew!

Rebecca got worried and asked us if mum was gonna cry *face palm* and the lady next to us laughed.lol But yes, my mum managed to meet up with us at the Bayfront Station, safely.haha

It was certainly a time-stopping moment right there! As Michelle mentioned in her blog, my cousins were pretty worried about their aunt(my mum), wondering if she'll be on the next train or if she knows which stop to drop off at. Yu Xin, the usually annoying younger one was even discussing with Yu Shuang(the elder one) if she should go into the exhibition hall later cuz my mum wasn't going in. She was worried about my mum being outside waiting all alone.haha Awww..

While waiting for mum's arrival.haha! (Credits to Rebecca)

(Credits to Rebecca)

I wonder what exhibition would the ArtScience Museum have next! It was Titanic at first, now Harry Potter. Oh, there was a mini Narnia exhibition too, but nah, not interested. All exhibitions I've been to have been at the Science Centre..like Pixar, LOTR, CSI..but now that they have this new ArtScience Museum, guess I'll have to be travelling all the way to Marina Bay for them!

Oh! I'm really glad I got to have a taste of DQ! Though I was tired and full and they didn't have as many choices as they have in the US, but I've tasted Blizzard!!heheh Now, I want Taco Bell and Buffalo Wild Wings!

9 comments

  1. WAHAHAHAHAH NO PROBLEM!!! yes totally BOUGHT the postcard for you but forgot to make payment for it x-) th reason why there isn't USA is because......... I think UK flag looks nicer! haha no lah, USA theme doesn't seem as popular as those paris eiffel, or london red bus. u know... if KP goes to malaysia, I'll tryna make a trip down!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, haha I do realize that. A lot of travel themed items are mostly Paris and UK designs. Thanks anyway! I love them! :D If KP comes to Malaysia, he'll be in KL right?

      Delete
  2. OMGOSHHH! The Blizzard dipped cone looks sooooo adorable! Like something from Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Ikr! We should make a trip there on day just to get cute dipped cone.LOL

      Delete
  3. You should've gone to the Warhol's exhibition too! Its like 20++ for both Harry potter and warhol's exhibition haha. I wonder if ffc can ever meet up and go to exhibitons together T.T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ya, I know.. But I'm not one who appreciates art.lol ya, ikr! Maybe one day. :)

      Delete

Instagram

Theme by BD