Social Media

Little Road Trip

First holiday event this week!..outing with the threeblackwidows, that is.

I don't think I've introduced the threeblackwidows. Basically, it's us, Gup, Char and myself. We were the single people with no boyfriends for 18 years of our lives. However, my requirement had fall short ever since I got Joey :D But they didn't kick me out anyway.lol

I'll keep you guessing whether they're available or not, try your luck! ;)

So, Gup and I headed over to Char's house since we were gonna carpool! 

Our driver of the day!

From her house, we went for mille crepe at Maco Cafe & Bakery. It was quite surprising that both of them weren't as excited as I was when they took their first bite.lol Anyway, I looooove mille crepe cakes!! The cream is not too sweet, it's very light and ahh! just heavenly. My first time was when Michelle introduced us to Malacca's famous Nadeje :D

Rum & Raisin cuz Char loves that flavour

Speaking of Rum & Raisin, it's been so long since I had Häagen-Dazs' ice cream of that flavour! :(

It's my second time there, and Michelle blogged about it here.. some pictures of the interior though :)

Nope, she's not part of the interior :P






We ordered a slice of Rum & Raisins mille crepe cake and a Chicken & Mushroom Quiche. Somehow, I got confused between the pie and quiche. So the yummier one was the pie, not the quiche! *face palm*

Like the first time, I didn't like that they were way too generous with the mushrooms :/

Next stop was next door, no, more like a 5 mins drive away to Sutera Mall! That mall isn't really my kinda place because I find it very Chinesis in a way, well, in fact it is Tun Aminah area after all. So, that explains their targeted market. Gup hasn't been there, so we roamed around that are!

...and got our yummy Conepizza

The Indian(not sure of his race) guy at the stall was a little odd..probably because Gup was there :P But he was explaining the difference between the 9 choices of conepizzas. What was funny though, was say the difference was only an ingredient or two, but he'd repeat the whole list for each choices...like a bullet train.LOL

It was town-roaming time after that! To me, Char's family's very sporting and likes to check out new things..or old, whichever. So she's quite familiarized with the area we went, which as along Jalan Tan Hiok Nee and its surrounding area. It mostly consist of old buildings with the vintage vibe to it. From cozy cafes to pre-loved clothes store to a small cramped salon with a swing on it's rooftop.

Quite interesting, really..though I'm not a fan of pre-loved items, it's nice to see shops like these. Pretty decorations :)

I thought I was the only clueless JB inhabitant, but nope! Gup was as new to the area as I was! I mean, we knew that road and that area exists, just that we didn't know what was on it.

Parked her car at the post office and off we went strolling.

For rental. 

..the building, not the girls.haha Char said that red shop lot was a vacant space for anyone to rent to be used as...say, a gallery. Never knew there was such a thing! It's very Chinese-temple.lol

I kinda wanna try the chicken chop at IT Roo Cafe, which claims to have the best chicken chop in town! I like chicken chop with black pepper sauce, so I shall try it!

We had our dinner at Roost Cafe, which was a really small shop which has an upstairs. Pretty sure Michelle might not like it there of the lower ground, which has two tables are occupied because the stairs are very steep.

The exterior and interior of the shop. Decide if you like it or not ;) I didn't really take much of the interior though... like a mini train on the rooftop like it's coming out a tunnel in the wall. It was too high up and it was hot and humid.. so yeah.




I love the board they lit up! Gup looked like she came out of Tumblr that say.lol


(Photos with borders, credits to Charmaine)


I've always found dolls like these really creepy. Not Chucky creepy, but ghostly creepy.




I shall be the last since I'm not a genuine blackwidow.lol



Upstairs, it's connected to a small boutique which sells mostly vintage and some personally designed and sewed by the owner. Oh! She also does hair! It's a very small square with two salon chairs. I wouldn't dare to do my hair there though.. Some of you might like the ambience there of "home salon", but the price is very much like the professional salons out there and I just tend to not trust people with my hair and money that easily XD


Gup made the fingers that way, not very welcoming, eh? heh

Didn't take pictures inside the shop as I wasn't sure if cameras were allowed.

Mine, as usual :)

The black pepper sauce was good, just a bit too salty. The portion of the chicken was regular sized, but as usual it's still too big for me, so by the time I'm about to wipe out my plate, my stomach was bulging and I was on the verge of vomiting already.LOL

Gup's Nyonya Rice

It came with fish slices with some Nyonya sauce cooked with cili padi. I'm actually tempted to go back for this right now.haha It's reaaaally delicious if you can take spicy. I, for one don't have a high tolerance for spiciness, but Gup's spicy-o-meter is worse. She really CANNOT take spicy food, but somehow she always tend to order spicy food by accident.hahaha

Without a doubt, Char and I helped finish about two fish slices. My tongue was burning, but man, it tasted so good!

Char's Mentaiko Pasta

THIS! Another good one! It's our first time eating cold pasta. Those orangey thing is the orangey thing on sushis! Roe (?) aka mentaiko lah. It was yummy! Might get that if I ever do go back there again :)

Their drinks came in mini buckets!

Mine was called Strawberry Trips, a mix of strawberry, banana..crap, I forgot. Basically, it's yogurt with a mixture of fruits.

Took a walk back to the car. On the way,the we thought of checking out the little stalls along JB Bazaar, but it was 7pm and it was too early, the stalls weren't up yet :(


..and the day ended with Gup's mum picking her up and me going back to Char's house, where my mum picked me up from there.

Now, when am I gonna get to hang out with my Funny Face Club mates?

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD