Social Media

Bon Odori 2010

According to Beng, Bon Odori is a kind of Japanese dance. Which makes me wonder...why name the festival a dance's name? Should've been like Okane or Wakarimasen..you know, sounds so much better!

So, this year I managed to make my way to Danga Bay for this event! Went home right after Kids' Church, changed and pick up Hazel:)


quite crowded


and WET! rained earlier:S


Met up with Sher, Ying, Pei Li and Jen and off we went to get our coupons and take a look around.

First thing I bought...some rice that's been satay-ed.


taste good only on the outer layer- got sweet sweet stuff:P


Wanted to buy 1 stick and share with Sher and Ying first, since I don't know if it tasted good. But before I could open my mouth to tell them, they bought it too=.="

Heard my school's Japanese teacher was here...So when Beng joined us, we headed for the stage, which some lucky draw(which I never get) was happening.


there! Miss Chee:)

After Miss Chee got off the stage, Beng ran to her to greet her.lol


got a pic with the MC too!


accidently zoomed in..but I somehow like this pic!


forced Beng who ate before she came to share with me the bakar-ed rice:P

Oh, there was an opening dance...which the dancers didn't know how to open the dance.lmao Get the joke? Ok, no. They didn't know how to start lah!


One Malaysia dance


this guy though, kept smiling from start till the end! Maybe his cheeks muscle stuck already. Ouch!

Went to the tents at the end to see what to do. Saw a crowd and squeezed through it:P


Japanese Dough Pounding! They were super semangat(enthusiastic)!

Beng and I were asked to try it out. It took us some time to think about it though.. So while considering, Beng played this!


lollipop as a reward.lol

My mum, who's famous for games in my church went to try the dough pounding thing! She got kinda violent that the Japanese men were quite scared but were laughing!


Beng was thirsty so we went to look for drinks! Seems like these drinks are imported. Nothing special, just soy bean, grean tea and something like a 100Plus drink.


she said it taste EXTREMELY GREEN TEA!LOL


can't believe they actually brought the belt thing there!

There was a drum performance too. I still don't know why, but this performance made Sher's feet stucked to the ground, not wanting to move till the end of it*smirks*


I somehow think it's this shiny arm fella!XD


Since we had nothing better to do, we went around with the aim of taking pictures with Japanese people! Our first target- those "Yo sho! Yo sho!" people!XD


look at the intended heart shape on Sher's head!roflroflrofl


Haz and I chased after 2 small boys for a picture, but I guess they felt threatened and said no:(


Japanese girls!!


To end the event, the performers went onstage for the final drum hitting session.lol


For closure, the MC brought out her "Miracle Bamboo Blinds" and a puppet named, Ken. Ken was FREAKY! He did the 360° head turn! Not only once, not twice! But about 5 times clockwise AND anticlockwise*faint*


I've compiled some videos on this event, so watch it! Beng and my Japanese dough pounding try-out is in there too:)

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD