Social Media

See you again


[Written 24th June]: Tom, the Dutch

Sending Tom off with Jonas and Mahmud at KL Sentral last night was one of the saddest days I've had in a while. Refrained from crying cz he was really stressed out about catching his flight, didn't want to add to it. See lah, don't wanna go early to the airport some more haha how typical of him :P

I guess when it comes to someone you really care about (be it a signicant other, good friend or family member) walking away without you knowing in the back of your mind when or if you'll ever cross paths again, it's just really heartbreaking.

Tom is a very supportive friend, I found. It's like if you need someone without saying it out loud, you can count on him cz it's like he has some special ability to sense it hahaha Like the evening when LIMA volunteers arrived, I was rather exhausted, pissed and just very irritable; and when I had anxiety from sudden load of assignments...he was just there to give me a pat on the back telling me to calm down and that I could do it. When lecturer applauded my work which I was stressing about, he reassured me saying "See, told you so!".

And for that. thank you Tommy! I really appreciate it :)


[Written 4th July]: Tim, the German

He stepped foot in Johor Bahru yesterday!!! Since he and his family were in Singapore, he decided to meet me in JB! Didn't get to do the little sightseeing we could've done cz somebody underestimated the traffic despite being warned :P (I wanted to bring him to the Country Garden beach!!)

We had a good dinner at Nando's and ice cream session at Baskin Robbins. I enjoyed just chit-chatting and laughing. Waving goodbye to him as he left for the Malaysian customs hit me with a pang of sadness. One which was very familiar, one which I didn't like and couldn't help but to let tears fill my eyes. I then realized...I hate goodbyes. I have lots of dislikes, but I very rarely hate...so that certainly says a lot.

Tim is...cozy. That would be the one word I'd describe his company. As a person, I'd say he's just crazy hahaha Good crazy, that is. Cozy because he make hugs so comfy (Tom, your hugs are just as good :P), open and just simply nice...and being around him felt so comfortable. Cozy. He'd pat mine and Char's heads at times too like we're kids haha

He has a sensitive side to him where he tends to show his emotions...emotions like him being sad whenever we bring up the fact that they were leaving soon. It's sad, but I liked that side of him..so I'd tease him a lot hahaha Sorry, Blondie. Upon knowing him, his favourite phrase was  "I don't care", equipped with the matching attitude. Char and I got annoyed and started using it on him and I guess he slowly stopped. As time went by, he said it less and less, and when we teased him, he'd mostly say he cares (or don't care, very minimally) Awww :')

***

Tim and Tom have been really great friends, and it was something I least expected. You could say because I seldom let my guard down to let people into my life. I mean, yes, I have friends but not the kind of friends where I'd spend time with and just enjoy their company. But that's only because I like the upperhand of getting to choose people I want to invest in and I prefer having few quality friends than many friends in general. So being friends with them post-LIMA was quite a surprise to me. Not complaining cz the past few months we had together as The Crazy Concert was one of the best times of my life.

I remember the first time I saw Tom walked into the Organisers' Office at MIEC. I went "Oooh white guy!" in my head, then went back to my stapling booklets duty hahaha Too busy to ogle at guys lah LOL I formally met him during lunch that afternoon and Tom being Tom, he introduced himself. That marked the start of our friendship, I supposed...cz that night the volunteers arrived and he was all telling me to chill and relax lol And after LIMA we went to church together, which was nice.

I met Tim the preparation day before the event day. With the media team behind me, I had no choice but to keep bumping into a very enthusiastic (and sweaty) and very blond guy as I walked back and forth constantly from my desk to the Volunteers Lounge. Nicknamed him Blondie cz I thought he was the blondest blond I've seen in real life hahaha

Thank you, Char for inviting (read: brainwashing) me to attend the Mardi Gras in New Orleans jazz concert at the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra. Because that's when the four of us became The Crazy Concert gang.

***

The few final hugs were very emotional embraces to me. Tom hugged for a long time..no words, just silence..which caught me off guard and actually made me really sad. It was like an unspoken message of saying goodbye, "I'll miss you" and gratitude all in one. And when I last hugged Tim yesterday, I didn't wanna let go, but I had to :'(

I really hope this friendship can stand the test of time and distance. I don't have many friends, so this is one of the few which I really cherish and am grateful for. I don't wanna put my hopes up cz through the years, I've experienced friendships that came and went. Especially with being so far apart....there's this quote by Nicholas Sparks which says "The scariest thing about distance is that you don't know if they'll miss you or forget you", and I find it to be rather true. So I don't want to be disappointed. Although...I have some faith in The Crazy Concert.

We will meet again someday. Maybe in Europe, maybe in the middle, maybe just about anywhere in the world. Char and I will miss you both silly boys a lot a lot!

I love you guys!

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD