Social Media

Movie Time: The Boxtrolls

Thanks to Nuffnang, I got to catch the movie, The Boxtrolls a day before it was in theatres for the public!

Not that it' a big deal to be earlier in catching this movie, the bigger deal to me is watching it for free hahaha Students. Or maybe I should say... Malaysians :P


I got a pair of tickets, so I brought Michelle with me! :D Way to thank her for letting me bunk at her place at times and watching out for me when I'm in KL heh



A brief summary of the movie as follows. I typed quite in detail...then decided to just give a gist of it cz it's not nice to know the entire story before watching it :P

Boxtrolls are creatures that look like Crazy Frog that lives under the streets of the town, Cheesebridge. They come out at night to steal all things metal- wheels, clocks, screws which will be brought back home where it's like a playground of metal scraps hahaha One thing I really liked about their underground home- the hundreds of light bulbs that look like stars.

The Boxtrolls are called boxtrolls cz they all wear a box which they hide in when they're in danger or scared. Their names are according to the photo on the boxes- Fish, Shoe, Sparky, Specs, Sweets and Oilcan...etc

Eggs is a boy who was known by the town folks to have been kidnapped and eaten by the Boxtrolls when he was a baby. Obviously that's not true. When Archibald Snatcher, the villain is on his quest to destroy all Boxtrolls, Eggs went on a mission to save them, alongside Winnie the daughter of Lord Portley-Rind(high status man).

The movie wasn't as exciting at first, then while I was getting a tad sleepy(no thanks to first week of university), it became hilarious! I won't give the exciting parts away, but Snatcher is disgustingly hilarious.

All in all, I'm glad I got to watch this movie as I really need to unwind this week. It's been emotionally draining, so this came in handy :) Oh! Not to forget, we got Royale Popcorn...that has freaking Honey Stars among the popcorns!!!!


Soooo yummy, but damn throat-soring hahaha


Once again, thank you Nuffnang for this opportunity!

Now I'm gonna go help Michelle cook XD

If I had a Boxtroll friend, I'd name him Rust cz I've been loving the rusty and rose gold colours lolol
What would you name him/her? Tell meeee!

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD