Social Media

LIMA Checklist

As I'm relaxing on the couch right now, I've got my mask sheet on with Dr. Oz Show playing on tv... I had the sudden idea to blog on the essential items to bring to LIMA this coming March.

Special thanks to: Ying, my boss for the mask sheet. Her friend bought some from Taiwan, so she gave us one each :D

So! LIMA is in about three weeks time and I need to gear up for its hecticness and cold exhibition hall condition that does nothing but harm to my hair and skin. I learnt that through experience, by the way.

Since we spent all our time in the Mahsuri International Exhibition Centre(MIEC), from early morning till evening, without realizing, it actually made my skin suffer. I had chapped lips the whole time I was working, but I didn't have lip balm with me. And my skin was as usual...till the last day when the work ended. Once I met up with my family, bam! pimples came out like mushrooms after the rain. Okay, maybe not that exaggerated, but it made my already pimply part of the face a lot worse, mainly my chin. To add, my hair was pretty dry too :/

I'm not going to list down the usual check list (ie. how many shirts, pants, underwear, shampoo...etc), but more of weapons to bring to combat the air conditioner's effects on me.


1) Sunsilk's Damage Repair Lotion. Honestly, I'm not sure if this is the right thing to treat or prevent the effects..but I got this after the last LIMA, while still in Langkawi because I couldn't stand the dryness. I was thinking more of a hydrating lotion, but I can't find such in Watsons.

2) Sunsilk's Anti-Dandruff Scalp Lotion. I've had dandruff problem since I was 12 years old. It sucks because it made my naturally thin hair, thinner. My hair fell A LOT. I can still remember the amount of hair on the floor when I combed..and I suffered every night thanks to itchy scalp. Aside from #3, this lotion managed to ease my itchiness. I was rather skeptical at first, since it's over-the-counter kind of product, but man, it's damn good! I just bought my second small bottle after like two years? Proves that I needed very little amount to rub into my scalp :)

3) Mentar. I don't have a picture of my dandruff treatment shampoo, but I was first introduced to it when I consulted Dr. Thani for my dandruff problem. It's a dark green shampoo which is minty. When my scalp itches and I use that, while massaging into my scalp, I'll be like "Die, bitch, dieeee". When I wash it off, it'll have that cooooool feeling :D I always use conditioner after that though, as it's rather drying.

4) Herbal Essences' Dangerously Straight Hair Conditioner. Maybe I should get the blue one, for hydration. I won't be getting the shampoo though. I use only their Color Me Shiny shampoo, as it's mild enough for my scalp. I once thought my scalp was good to go, until I tried getting the Hello Hydration and Dangerously Straight shampoos.. my scalp itched like mad! Shows that I have to use to mild one for colored hair. At least I found something that works :D


1) Neutrogena's face moisturizer. It's the current one I'm using in my usual 3-step regime, so it's definite that I'll bring it.

2) The Face Shop's Facial Mist. Not sure if it's better for me to buy a facial mist or a face moisturizer that can be applied over make up. I'll be wearing some make up, but I'll need to hydrate my skin..so I don't know.. I think Evian's Facial Spray will do the job :D

3) Pimple cream. I'm definitely bringing my mud-like prescribed pimple cream. Weirdly enough, I feel that it can be used as a concealer too! I haven't tried it yet though, since it gets brownish like mud.lol

4) Skin Food's Shea Butter Lip Care Bar. I'm planning on wearing lipstick, but definitely applying my lip balm like crazy too. I'll try to learn from Joe, always reapplying his medicated lip balm on Skype haha I just tend to forget :/ Either Skin Food or Burt's Bees.

5) Skin Food's Mask Sheet. I know this sounds ridiculous, but maybe I should bring at least one to give my skin a good rest. Then again, recalling my experience, we barely had any time to do anything out of work. Once we're back to our room, we'll go out for dinner then doze off. So, maybe I won't bring any after all..orrrr....leave on mask! Not very fond of the idea of having stickiness on my pillow though :/


1) Palmer's Cocoa Butter. I love this body lotion. It smells so chocolatey and it's very moisturizing. I trust this brand more than the other fancy lotions and my dad only pays for this haha

2) Nature Republic's Aloe Vera Soothing Gel. It's 92% aloe vera and it smells so damn good! Soothes my cuts and such too. Probably bringing it there :)

3) Plasters/Band-aids. Because I'm bruises and scratch prone haha I bought Nexcare's army print band-aids the previous year and damn, as good as it looked on my finger, it doesn't hold! :(

4) Eczema cream. My feet will itch like crazy, but hopefully not *fingers crossed*

I can't wait for LIMA!!!!!!! Though I'll be missing Joey :(

6 comments

  1. Hey Naomi! (and yes, I pronounce is as Nay-o-mee as well....not sure how others pronounce it haha... is it Nah-oh-mee?)

    Anyway, I LOVE reading on other ppls LDRs! Because I think it's romantic and makes me feel like I'm not alone in this (sucky) journey!

    Haha...when you've been in an LDR for 10years, you'll tend to get lonely, especially when the people around you are already/getting married.

    What's so cute about you guys is that you two really made an effort especially when you were planning for his birthday party! I mean WOW!! Even i wouldn't go to that distance simply because I'm lazy. LOLOLOL.

    Yea I know, bad me. LOL

    Anyway, just wanted to drop you a line (and subtly telling you that imma stalk your blog from now on LOL)

    I wish you two tons of good luck and stay strong! Cause LDR sucks balls.. lol.

    Eh, not helping. haha

    Love,
    Alia.

    p/s:
    Visa tip: Pls keep all the postage docs, you might need them when applying for a spouse/fiance visa when the time comes ;)



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, the correct pronunciation is as you pronounce it. But most people just call me as it's spelled.

      Trust me, I love reading LDR success stories too! It makes me even more hopeful haha I really wonder how you guys could manage 10 years living apart! And what took you guys so long to meet up?

      Aww, thank you. I try to make impacts in his life since I'm so far away. Wanna make his birthday even more special tapi tak cukup duit lah hahaha

      Yay! At least you know of my existence now and I can ask for tunjuk ajar from the experienced XD Thanks, we'll need the luck and LDR is special yet suck balls at the same time, I totally agree. After reading your blog, it made me wanna pull him over here NOWWWW hahaha

      And...postage docs as in all the Pos Daftar stuff? O.o

      Delete
    2. My case is there but not there yet, err, not sure if this makes any sense at all haha. I mean I haven't *Really* conquered it but we've finally made an effort to be together coz both of us are reaching into our 30s and it's about time to build a family! hahaah

      What took us so long? Money. LOL. Seriously! I was still studying and he didn't have an income so we held off for quite a bit. And partly MAYBE because I was already in my comfort zone (being in an LDR, without having to meet) coz its gonna put a lot of stress on me when we separate again. I know this sounds ridiculous. But pls don't be like me, you should go after him and don't let the years go by lol.

      If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

      Anyway, Imma answer your question about visa that you posted on my blog since I'm already here...haha..no, getting a tourist visa isn't that bad. Just don't lie during your interview and trust me, they'll drill you when you mention that you have a boyfriend over there. I suppose they're afraid we foreigners wanna get married there and live there for good (and burden their gov if we can't support ourselves) using that tourist visa. (another type of visa is required for getting married over there)

      They kept telling me I CANNOT get married there, blah blah blah, even when i showed them my strong ties back home (eg: sanction letter from my employer, my pay stubs,etc) Really a tedious laaa

      What I meant by postage docs was when the time comes and you two are planning to get married, you might need to prove that your relationship is legit and you can use those snail mail documents that you sent each other. The forms on the postage, the ones that you write your address/his address/names/contact numbers/items/etc..i dunno what it's called la..hahah


      And I seriously think my comment right here can be an entry. It's so lengthy! LOL

      Delete
    3. Ahh, yeah. You guys looks young though! So you're still in Malaysia and haven't got your spouse visa?

      Haha ahh, same lah! Damn expensive to fly there. And yes, I know what you mean by the stress when you guys have to part at the airport. haha I do plan to go pay him a visit this year, still saving money though :/

      I just turned 20 last week! haha Known him since I was 13 or so, but only coupled in October 2011.

      Omg! Don't tell me you lied to the officer?hahaha And actually, I don't intend to tell them about having a boyfriend there. Since I'll be applying for a tourist visa, I can go as a tourist, no? :P And why cannot get married there? Spoiling people's happiness lah! So you're still in the process of convincing them la?

      Ohh..but thing is, we've only had like 2 or 3 poslaju/priority mail documents..other than that I just use Registered Post because damn expensive la, the Pos Laju :/ Basically, what you mean is they wanna see the relationship is not made up la kan? Got it! Thanks for the heads up!

      Ikr!haha it's good to have advice! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Oh my only 20 kaa! You have a lot more years to go! LOL Unless if you wanna get married young and your parents are okay with it! Just enjoy first la! Mana tau he'll secure a job here ke or something

    Yeah, takes about RM5k out of my pocket every time flying there (and that's the cheapest!) I usually book mine via expedia.com

    No la, couldn't lie to the officer. I didn't plan of telling them about my fiance being there either, but they kept on drilling me do i know anyone there, etc etc I just HAD to tell them (rather than risking of my visa being denied from withholding info). Mind you, that was only for my tourist visa!

    Don't know how it's gonna be when interviewing for my spouse visa. We've submitted the petition for my spouse visa, and right now we're in the waiting game. It's gonna take them about 6-8 months to get approved. Hence the reason why i'm still here haha.

    Haha yea I know what you mean about the postage fees. Damn expensive! Eh pos laju got international outgoing ka? I thought Malaysian region only?

    Sometimes I wish my fiance wasn't an American...why couldn't he be an Aussie or something?? At least Air Asia/Jetstar/any other el cheapo flights can bring us back and forth every now and then! Hahahahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yup! Only 20 :) oh nonono..I'm not marrying so soon hahah! He did mention of coming over, but nothing's for sure yet. Gotta plan properly right haha

    Ikr! I've been researching online and I go to sites like Momondo.com and Kayak.com. I'll check out Expedia.com later! How many times have you been there so far? And usually how long do you stay there?

    Ohh..he's your fiance by then la. haha Very strict ah, the officers! How many months before booking a flight do you recommend me to apply for the visa? Well, I wish you luck on your spouse visa! Sure dapat one lah, just that it's very leceh :)

    Ya, there's international pos laju. For the US, if I'm not wrong, the first 500gm= RM100. My first time sending him a parcel for Christmas, banyak barang jugak la..it came up to freaking RM335, I think. Terkejut aku! But I was so dumb, I bayar je hahaha so from then on, I just use Registered Post. Reference: http://www.pos.com.my/pos/services/fast_mail/service/international/ems.aspx

    hahah! Very true. I wished Tony Fernandez studied in the US cz he introduced the UK flights because he studied there last time right? hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Theme by BD