Social Media

CNY: The Day of Angpaus

It's not too late for me to wish you Happy Chinese New Year!!! It's the year of snake, which isn't my favourite animal :/ 

Technically, it's not over yet because Chap Goh Mei is in three days, if I'm not wrong. Chap Goh Mei marks the 15th day of the Chinese calendar, also the last day of Chinese New Year.

This new year, I planned on getting Cheongsam(also known as Qipao), either bought ready made or tailored. Fortunately, I managed to get one from Jusco only a day before the eve! I was busy working and am a fussy buyer haha Very unexpected to me that I'd find one in Jusco for a reasonable price, but I might get one tailor made soon.


I'm considering a sleeveless or 3/4 sleeve cheongsam, with a slit. The one I bought didn't have any slits, so it was rather hard to walk lol

Enough about my cheongsam, not many photos of my family members here as these are all from Michelle's camera, but have a look :)

my niece, Iris

My cousin, Chai Zhen and his wife, Shi Ni with their two cute kids, Iris and Ivan




My mom and happy baby :D




My aunt(mom's sister) with her granddaughter

Somehow, our Chinese New Year lunch always have the same dishes, but most looked forward to. This year, our favourite braised duck wasn't cooked by my ah kong, but my mom! She secretly brought the duck back home and refried it at 2am while we were sleeping!

Surprisingly, the taste was 99% similar to my ah kong's! Looks like my mom knows the secret recipe we've been trying to crack all these while haha


My favourite uncle, Michael and his wife, Mai Ling


On a side note, I got a call from Joe while we were still at my ah ma's house, which was surprising! Made me so happy since we haven't been talking for a few days due to our schedules. I was rather bored and sleepy by then since we had to wait for my second aunt and her family to come over from her mother-in-law's.

Was rather listless by the time we left, yet we still had to drop by my grandma(dad's side)'s place. Her house is only good for its lightings haha other than that, it's rather solemn :/

I kinda want a full length mirror...

Our Cheongsams are similar! Her designs are velvety though, and I like mind better :P



Day two of CNY, we made another trip to my ah ma's house since my dad had too much to drink with his brother on the eve that he was hungover on CNY and didn't go with us to both houses.



The second day was rather eventful! After ah ma's house, we went to Aeon Bukit Indah to do some window shopping and got some donuts for tea. Then, off we went on a road trip to Pengerang! Pengerang is next to Desaru, which will be where my dad's gonna work soon. It's really far and rural, and the seafood we had at one particular restaurant wasn't all that yummy :/

That's all for my CNY post, now I gotta think of what I want for my birthday this year!

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD