Social Media

Raya Holidays 'East Asia': Dubu Dubu & Sushi Tei

I don't usually have heavy breakfast(almost none at all during a non-school day), because my tummy isn't very fond of food when I just wake up.

When I was up in KL though, guess what?! I had Korean food for breakfast. Not as in Korean's breakfast, but normal heavy, solid food. It was around 11am, so we considered that brunch.

Situated in Mid Valley, lower ground floor. Right hand side of the escalator from the car park.

The place looks very much like a Korean sit down restaurant. If you're a huge K-Pop fan, you get to enjoy your meal alongside your favourite singers! And by that, I mean their music videos will be playing on the tv screens.haha




We placed our orders, which I was a little terrified because I was pretty sure I won't be able to finish up my food. My mum knew my appetite, so she said she'll share with me :D

We look like we just woke up(lmao), that's cz it exactly the case! (Credits to Michelle)

Aloe Vera drink & Peach Tea

Very much like tau huay @ Soya Beancurd, but with some marmalade and mint leaves(according to Michelle, I don't know how a mint leaf look like.haha)

Rebecca ordered Cheese Dubokki, which is really different from the usual rice cake with gochujang(chilli pepper paste). It's yummy too, which is surprising cz I couldn't imagine what it'll taste like! Anything with cheese is good!


with side dishes

Look how cheesy it was!!!! :O (Credits to Michelle)

Pajeon @ Korean Scallion & Seafood Pancake

The pancake tasted better than it looks, not that it's ugly, but the very vegetarian-look it gives off terrifies me a little. Most of you may not know, but I'm a picky eater(pickier in my younger days), so the protruding scallions really creep me out. But one dip into the vinegar with sesame seed sauce and one bit, *eyes twinkling* It was really good! There was prawnies in it too! So yes, it was very well tasting :D

(Credits to Michelle)

Michelle's beef stew was pretty good too. It came with purple rice, I'm guessing it's a kind of healthy rice since Koreans' diet are very healthy.


(Credits to Michelle)

As for me..and mum, I got Cheese Bibimbap. I've wanted to try that ever since I watched the Korean drama, My Fair Lady, where Butler Lee ate this in the kitchen.haha I didn't mind the veggies, just that the portion was huge, as I've expected. Since it was morning(and my stomach wasn't ready to eat), I ate about a quarter of the serving :/ Oops.

Nevertheless, it was delicious! The cheese...the beef...mmmm mm!


That was our brunch. For dinner, we went to Tropicana City Mall(also known as Michelle's dating place.LOL) since we haven't been there and there's Sushi Tei there!!!

I've been head over heels for Sushi Tei's sushis ever since my uncle and aunt gave us a treat at Pavilion months back! It's really good! Like really really awesomeeee! Somehow, they seem to like their mentaiko a lot...most of their dish have them.

Not many pictures below, but enough to make one hungry. Consider yourself warned. (All Sushi Tei photo: Credits to Michelle)


Soft Shell Crab sushi

Prawn Tempura sushi!

Oyster with roe(according to Michelle).

The oyster below that slimy thing, it's big and surprisingly, easy to cut with the spoon. So although there's only two, Michelle let us have it since she's had them before and I let mum have a taste too(Rebecca and I ate most of it). Yums! It didn't stink one bit, by the way.

THIS! IS SUPERB! Potato Salad Tempura. It's a must-eat!

Potato salad with salmon soba

Michelle ordered that. When it arrived, we stared at it for a moment because it came in a small portion. 'Looks can be deceiving', that saying is true in this case. Michelle said it was so filling that she felt like puking after polishing up the plate. That, was good too. Okay, I know I've all the food is good and yummy for countless times, but I can't help it! It's true!!

Prawn Tempura Bento

Rebecca and I shared that. The last time with my uncle, we had the scallops version. I love this bento set. It's so good! You mix the rice with watery eggs and it tastes so good already! :D

My Sushi Tei craving phase isn't over yet, so I shall have it after STPM :D In case you're wondering, they only have it in KL- Tropicana City Mall and Pavilion, I think.

The price is slightly pricier than Sushi King, but very worth it. Sushi King's sushis are getting worse as time goes by. I don't know why, but the quality dropped really bad. I loved the Golden Balls! :(

Sushi Tei in JB, pleaseeeeeeeeee?

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD