Social Media

Raya Holidays: Sunway Pyramid & Bukit Bintang

Raya holidays started earlier last week on Thursday(16 August) instead of Friday :D It was a last minute change, so I used those two days to do most of my homework. My mum booked a room(a month ago) at Sun Inns, Sunway for Saturday to Monday and we couldn't change it to an earlier day, say.. Friday because it was fully booked.

And oh dear, there was only Superior Room(2 single beds). Michelle and I took the beds, Rebecca got an extra mattress and mum brought a mat. It was superrr cramped, we barely had any space to walk considering our bags took the remaining space near the door. (The first room smelt of shit, so we changed it to another room which smells of cigarette smoke =.=")

Anyway, our first lunch was my mum's favourite, Popeye's. I mean, we like to eat it too, it's just that every single time we touch down! in Sunway, that's the only restaurant she wants to eat at.haha


Sunway Pyramid, just like other malls, have decoration during festivals, but theirs has always been extravagant. Okay, maybe I over worded it a little, but yeah... they decorate it well.

For Hari Raya this year, it's very Arabic. Reminds me very much of Aladdin!

Houses of genies O.o







Usually, we'd either just stay around the area or we'll go to Damansara where 1 Utama and IKEA is at. My mum isn't very adventurous, you see..especially since we don't have a GPS, so she's kinda paranoid of KL roads.

However, this time Michelle suggested to go to Petaling Street @ Chinatown for breakfast on Sunday morning! But as usual, mum brushed off the idea. We got to brainwash her to bring us that evening itself though!hahah Luckily, Nithiyah was free, so we picked her up and she led the way to the the heart of KL!


Best friends for nine years and counting! :')

Monorail tracks around KL

Kuala Lumpur Tower :)

We got a little lost when we reached the junction at the Bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad or Dataran Merdeka. We took the right turn and we found our way in the end.heh

Jalan Bukit Bintang!!

For those of you who don't know, Jalan Bukit Bintang is very much like Singapore's Orchard Road. There are malls along this street. There's the luxurious Pavilion, the budget-friendly Sungei Wang(which is kinda cheapo for me lol) and Berjaya Times Square. Oh, there's the rather new Fahrenheit 88 too.

you can see Petronas Twin Towers from here!!!



We were getting hungry as we walked and it was starting to drizzle, so we took a turn into this really small opening with red walls and an escalator. It led to the basement of Isetan, which is where all the food is at! It's very Chinese, which is their concept.lol (Update! It's Lot 10, Isetan's Food Market)






There was hardly any seat, but we managed to walk really deep in and found some empty tables, and got a seat. When I first stepped in, I never thought the space was that big. It was like a maze! Okaylah, maybe it wasn't that big, but there were many stalls.

The food were only so-so, and I feel they overpriced it. For what we paid, I'd rather have better food elsewhere. But knowing my mum, she's very Asian. She can't live without rice(especially) and noodles and basically anything Asian.haha Give her a huge plate of Western cuisine, she'll say it's not filling or it doesn't taste good *face palm* So she'd rather just sit and get her Asian food once she lay eyes on it.haha


Pork mee, about RM8.90 (I think)

Wanton noodles

Fried wantons

The unsyrup-ed center Ais Kacang.

I've tasted yucky Ais Kacang, but I've never seen them empty inside. As in, the sweet syrup didn't seep in as they usually would! Those didn't have my favourite melted cocoa too and I don't like peanuts on my Ais Kacang(though it's name has kacang, meaning nuts) 


RM2 for a shot with Mr. Golden


Cars were intensely fast when the light turns green.

Those parents with kids in the photo above, they were out of their minds! When the countdown of the traffic light for pedestrians was left with like 2 seconds, they rushed over with their babies! Everyone was so shocked especially when a bus was almost reaching at rather high speed. Crazy parents, I tell you. I don't know what were they thinking. Those are babies, for God's sake. I don't see why can't they wait for the traffic green light. Gosh!

So yeah, that was my day on Saturday :) I definitely wanna bring Joe here at least once. There's nothing much, but somehow it reminds me a little bit of New York's Times Square(of course it's better there)- the crossroads, the lights and buildings, the aliveness at night.

I want to travel.

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD