Social Media

Raya Holidays: Carl's Jr & Malacca

I love Carl's Jr.!!!

Johor Bahru does not have a Carl's Jr. restaurant, so I can only get it in Sunway Pyramid. It was my second time there, the day we were leaving KL for JB.


It was still quite early then, but we had it for brunch. We got ourselves a Famous Star burger with large fries, Fish & Chips and Chilli Cheese Fries!!!




No doubt, we had fries overload that day haha but it was good. I love their fries! McDonald's fries is the best, of course..but Carl's Jr. is good in a different sense. I like the fact that the potato skin is still there a little. Gives me the homemade impression..(I Googled, and hey! It is home-cut fries!) :D

As for the Chilli Cheese Fries, it was good, but a tad too salty. It tasted a bit like rendang or some Malay gravy, which I forgot(this is what procrastination does to you). Towards the end, I ate the cheese without the fries, so it was super salty to my liking. So yes, whatever you do, neutralise the saltiness with the fries :)


Left for JB soon after and dropped by Malacca!!! The only thing I dread about Malacca is its damn long and narrow road to reach Bandaraya Melaka, the city centre. It was during the holidays, so obviously the traffic jams were unavoidable. Oh! I also hate the fact that they have tonnes of traffic lights..it's as if there's one ever kilometre! Took us freaking two hours to reach the city centre, though there's only a slight traffic jam.

Red buildings from the colonial times

Trishaw rides

You can find these over-decorated trishaws at the city centre, most of them assemble at the Dutch Square, very near Christ Church, Queen Victoria's Fountain and Stadthuys. Mostly ridden by tourists because really, it's very expensive at the price of around RM45. Well, unless you're a tourist, I don't think it's worth it. Actually to think of it, it's not that bad since they bring you around town for sightseeing :) 

It does look very funeral-ish decorated to me though :P

Kapal Samudera, a ship museum

Malacca is a really small place, so if you plan on visiting, expect small and narrow lanes in between shops, houses and schools. But!! Not to worry about getting lost, a few turns will always bring you back to the same spot where you've started! XD


Dropped by Dataran Pahlawan for lunch, got my cardigan for RM39 and got some pretty postcards! 

Take a pick!

Although I didn't get my mille crepe cakes from Nadeje, the queue was too long, but I had fun during the holidays! All photos in Malacca was taken from inside the car as we were rushing and didn't have time to stop for touristy activities.

Trials just started yesterday and I have a paper tomorrow, so off I should go now!

Oh, I finished the second book- Fifty Shades Darker!! Will be writing a review on that one when I find time :)

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD