Social Media

LIMA Briefing

There's two ways I'm writing in this post. The first half is what I wrote in the bus, and the second half is now.

[Written in the bus]

It's our first road trip together!!Okay, it's not really the kind of road trip where in the movies you see a bunch of friends driving down the highway in a roofless car by the sandy desert-looking roads. Nevertheless, it's still on the road! Without our parents!..but in a bus.lol


Sleeeeeeepay

Sorry for ruining the pic:P

Anyway, we're super excited for this trip though our exams only ends next week..oh! history papers are over!!!!! The main reason for this trip to Kuala Lumpur is for a briefing about our volunteering programme for the upcoming LIMA exhibition in Langkawi.

What we'll get from volunteering inludes MONEYYY(RM50 per day), certificate and some working experience:) Not sure if there'll be those good looking pilots or sailors, I mean, it's an aerospace and maritime event... But then again, sailors are known to be gay, no? Nevermind, I have my soldier already:P

Okay, so I'm in the bus and I'm bored and sleepy because I can't listen to music as it's battery consuming and it doesn't help with the fact that my phone has battery problem..I tried designing a Christmas card and birthday cards, but no inspiration= crappy ideas. I have my Business text book on my lap, but it isn't luring me to open and READ! Oh ps, my 1-day trip bad is the biggest among the three of us..not surprising:P And I can't really sleep because my pillow is up there and I don't appreciate having my head vibratingly-banged repeatedly on the window. I'm at a one-seater seat, by the way:)


Some junk food and guessing games later, I earned myself a glare from an old uncle in front of Charmaine, thanks to my laughters. Glary old man.



My Mamee didn't have the packet of flavouring :(


Oh! Oh! I heard Jet Lag earlier:) and Perfect! and Moves Like Jagger!..other than those were just Malay songs which I don't know. My butt is sore from the sitting, my eyes are sore from the staying awake and my stomach is sore from the gastric juices(okay, I shall not tell mum about this because she reminded me to buy some curry puffs before boarding the bus, but I did not:P)

Reached the airport-like bus terminal!

[Written right now!]

Dragged my luggage to Mid Valley, commuting on the KTM which was three stops away. Thank God Michelle was in an extremely good mood, probably because I'm there and she wants to hangout, so when we reached, she grabbed my luggage from me :D:D Char and Gup said I was torturing her, but she offered!:P


Went to the carpark to leave our bags there. Since her car was quite a distance away and we found two nearer parking lots, look what we did.

Tadahhh!

Went straight for Madam Kwan's, which is famous for their Nasi Lemak. But somehow, I didn't get their famous fried chicken, but chicken curry instead:(

Walked around the mall aimlessly just to waste time. Oh! I saw a few heels at Vincci that were really nice! I'll check them out in JB later:) There was this small stall which sells vintage-looking accessories. It was reaaaally pretty! Lots of charms, chains(long and short), bracelets, wristbands and earrings *melts* Char got a wing necklace, but I didn't get any..budget quite tight.lol



CHUCKS!XD


Left for Gup's aunt's house at around 4.30pm and guess what? KTM, the infamous train for delaying made us take the third train. The first two were way too crowded, so we gave it a miss, third was the same amount of crowd, but it was getting late, so we squeezed.

Stupid train made us grumpy..Gup's just faking a smile.LOL

Gup's aunt picked us up a distance away from the Segambut stop, which required us to walk through this creepy road, passing by rundown mechanic shops and jumping across smelly muddy water(I assume the smell comes from the corpses nearby..oh yeah, it was a cemetery there). 

Got a tour around the house, took a shower and off for dinner at Infinite Irani(the restaurant downstairs of the condominium). Know what's cool about this restaurant? THEY HAVE WIFI!!! Fine, so almost every restaurants provide WiFi these days, but it was the only place I would get access that day to check my FB messenger:D Ate and slept freaking well that night*swoon*

Nasi Goreng Paprik(Paprik Fried Rice) with Telur Mata Lembu(Cow's eye egg!lmao nono, it's sunny side up egg)!!

the taste was quite bland tough..

...and watermelon juice!:D

Wanted to split the bill with Char to give Gup and her aunt a treat, but the aunt refused..she's nice:) After dinner, we went touring around the condo!!LOL

Fountain at the entrance!

Somehow the Petronas Twin Towers makes me proud.lol

Those odd floating lights you see? That's the peak of Genting Highlands!! I never knew it can be seen from KL! :O

I quote Char, "Dilarang Masuk? My foot! I'm gonna walk thru oh-so-proudly, in yo' face!"

Laze around the couch, which was SUPER COMFY! I literally sunk into it when I sat down.







Got ready for bed after flipping through the aunt's encyclopedias and as always, when you have girlfriends bunking in a room, boy talk and gossips are never given a miss! Including some of Gup's policewoman stunts*wink wink*



Up at 7am, and by now, aunt has gone out for school..so we had the whole house to ourselves!hehehe Anyway, we had a hard time getting a taxi to pick us up, mainly because of the jams that have already started.

Luckily, we were able to flag one up street while walking with our bags hoping for someone to give us a lift.lol Reached the briefing venue two hours early, so we hung around canteen which had no food:(



The briefing was well, a briefing.. Prim told us briefly what the whole event was about and answered our questions. Basically, everything we need to know is at the website itself and the few sheets of paper given to us. Super excited!!..but nervous at the same time. What if I'm not up to their expectation? I mean, I'm one of the 110 chosen from 500 plus people who sent in their application!

Anyway, we walked quite a distance downhill to the Carrefour nearby to grab lunch before heading for the bus station.

Struggling with my luggage for two whole days. I grew muscles!


Guess what we got?!! SUBWAY!!!! Kinda surprised to see it there since Mid Valley didn't have an outlet.

I had Steak and Cheese!! Oatmeal Raisins and White Macadamia Nut cookies too!! Yummy!


Izzat met up with us there, so Char and I broke our cookies and share. We're so nice people;)


Char's chocolate chip cookie is soooo gooooood!! The chips are melted!


Seems like they refilled the cookies after my order, since I only had two choices=.="

Left for the train station..had to move early in case of jams and crowd. So, we bid Gup goodbye at the KLCC stop where she was meeting her sis for a movie.

Interchanged at Masjid Jamek and paid extra few cents just so we could travel on Star Line instead of KTM:P After some wrong turns, Char and I managed to drag our legs to Tasik Selatan Bus Terminal. Phew!

Carrot milk photos overload just to show off Char's pics of me.lol

Carrot milk to cool off some steam!






Boarded the bus at 5pm. We were pretty unlucky to get super cramp seats, though we bought the same bus company as the one we took coming up.

Bus tickets!

Oh! Michelle came over right before we left to bring us some food:D How thoughtful of her, I know. Nit came too and I knew they were obviously going somewhere after meeting me.lol

Fries and mee siam!!:D


Thanks to Mic for providing us with snacks:D

2 comments

  1. Looks like all of you had fun! :D I'm super jealous!! LOL.

    I miss those days when we went on school trips lots!

    LET'S GO ON A ROAD TRIP TOGETHER ONE DAY. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow nice and cute pics and great write up. Fun all the way, right? Pls do drop by for my story, thks:)

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Theme by BD