Social Media

MTV World Stage 2011

Last weekend was nothing but AWESOME!!!

The MTV people were so smart! They arranged MTV World Stage to be on 24th July so that I could go up with Michelle!!LOL

Michelle's Year 2 at Monash was starting on Monday(25th), so I got to follow her up on Saturday!! Mum went too, since she had to drive the Viva up:)

Once we reached Sunway(which, we were really early this time round), at about 12pm, we sent Mic back to her apartment to clean up her room, while mum and I headed for Sunway Pyramid for Popeye's(our hotel room wasn't ready yet).


We had 3-piece chicken and fish fillet. Initially, I ordered only the fish, but mum thought it wouldn't be enough, we ended up with some leftovers in the end.

Coupon for free food! RM20 in a single receipt for one sticker.

OHHH! My favourite food there..their potato!!

Went back to the hotel room at Sun's Inn to sleep, was sooo tired since I woke up at 5.30am(I woke up automatically, too excited perhaps? Oh! I got my dosage of [fill in the blanks] for the day too, so it was worth itXD) and didn't get to snooze in the car(I'm very picky with not only food, but place to sleep as well). 

attempt to wave my hair...failed.

I plaited my damp hair and slept with it...woke up and untie, it loosened up within a minute=.="

Dinner was sushi at Sushi King, which was horrifying. The story goes like this. When Mic and I walked in and headed for the seats in front of the belt, there was a gigantic fly(that look like it has a role in Terminator or Transformers) on the table that I was supposed to sit at.

Mic sat down and I was still standing up, reluctant to sit as it was a stubborn fly(which means, I shoo it away, but it only moved by 1cm). The waitress then took my neighbour's drinks menu and slowly cover the fly and squashed it slowwwwly. Reason why I stress on "slowly" is because it was so damn disgusting.. the images of her being some creepy sadistic oversmiling lady played in my head.LOL

She's nice to help me get rid of it lah, but still..omg! The menu!! Mic and I were laughing whenever we looked over at the menu. The next customer came and we were like ":O NOOOOOOO!"

Wanted to go for Durian Buffet intially, since the night was so young(LOL), but it was about to rain, so mum got us packed durians from Giant instead:(

still, better than none!:)


oh btw, here's my concert tickets!! Regular, but good enough:)

Next morning was SUNDAY MORNING RAIN IN FALLING..Okay, not really. It was a Sunday morning, but it wasn't raining. Mic and I sent mum to Tasik Selatan since she was taking the bus home. After that, FREEDOM!XD

We went to scout for i-City, just to make sure we don't get lost finding our way there later that day:) We were practically the firsts there! If we stayed there till registration starts, confirm we'll be the first ones to go throughXD

But no, we weren't so kiasu. Gotta go grab some meatballs at IKEA!





Shoved the last of a few meatballs down my throat(thanks to Mic) and rushed back to the hotel for a shower, while Mic took some time to sleep before going for World Stage:D


my hair is too straight, I know.

At about 3pm, we were supposed to meet Melvin and his sister, Melissa, but they went to the wrong Sun's Inn, so we met up at Esso instead. There, we decided to go in one car- their car, since we'll have 6 people going and Saga is big enough.

Got into a fast moving registration line, thanks to Mic and meXD Oh! I forgot to mention, the other 2 with us were Mel's friend, Tracy and her friend, Hannah. The people there were giving out free Mountain Dew!

It was all rushy, so when we chucked our bag into the boots, we forgot to take our money!!*horrified face* After passing registrations, we had to wait by the roadside since the gates hasn't opened yet. Talked quite a lot of good nonsense the whole time and Melissa was nice and funny and somehow she reminded me of Gabby.lol

One of the crew caught someone with a camera and took away the batteries! He was super strict lah,  I quote Mic, "His boss must love him like mad, while everyone else kan him from the back" LOL

The other crew guy that came along after the earlier one called for back up(as if the person threatened him with a bomb or something), gave out a warning saying, "Everyone, camuahs are not allowed! If you have acamuah, give it up!" 

Okay, I made up the last part, but it was something that meant that way and the point of the sentence isn't the meaning, but the pronounciation of camera- camuah.

We were like..new word of the day- CAMUAH! Whoever that walk pass holding a camera, we'll go "No camuah, no camuah! Security! Take his camuah!" lmao

So here is where the MTV World Stage post officially starts!!


ps: we got lucky and our standing area was almost as close to the stage as the Mosh Pitters, not the extreme front though.

VJ Holly & VJ Utt!

VJ Holly looked better and less big in real life!XD VJ Utt was as awesome as ever!

Pop Shuvit kicked start MTV World Stage at 7pm! Honestly, I didn't think they were that good since I've never seen them play live and the songs on the radio are just blah! But gosh! THEY WERE GOOOOOOD! *proud Malaysian*

Michelle and I came to a conclusion that probably the recording studio was at fault. Didn't do them justice at all!

Moots! WOOT!


I kinda like the Japanese girl song, "Oh Sizuka"! I've heard it before on the radio, but it sucked.haha

Special guest, Man Bai(I was thinking Mumbai at first) came up to sing "Seperti Syurgamu". I love this song toooooo! At a certain point though, the Mumbai fella got out of tune and it was pretty obvious!:P

...and I assume it was this part of the song:P

Project E.A.R came on stage to join them for Mantera, which I personally didn't like. Too much screamo and I-can't-figure-what-you're-saying raps.


Last song was none other than MARABAHAYA!! The song that got everybody pumped up! I freaking love this song to the max!!

Time for some KPop shizzles, and it was BEAST!!

A few days before the concert only did I start learning "Shock" and "Beautiful", and it was quite okay, I supposeXD Other than that, I just rock out and enjoy the performance:)


They kicked off with "Shock" Everyday I shock, SHOCK! Every night I shock, SHOCK!XD

The boys were sweating like mad! It's like they got soaked in the rain or something..kesian

Halfway through, they went in for a costume change and came back with "Special"! And lastly, which I've been waiting forever for, "Beautiful", where they threw flowers into the crowd towards the end! Awwwww *swoon*

Too bad I didn't get any:(


Dongwoon. MY FAVOURITE! MY FAVOURITE! Sorry to Michelle, whom I kept shouting to her he's my favourite!LOL

My other favourite, Junhyung. His rapping is what I love. Haven't really checked out his face yet:P

Dongwoon freaking spoke English! Was quite stucky, but still! *swoon x2*LOL

This is Mic's favourite, the cutie pie, Yoseob:)



NEON TREES ROCKED!! I don't know Neon Trees that well, actually I know barely anything about all the bands that performed, but they were good!

The only song I knew the words to was "Animal" and the other two was just familiar to me, namely, "Your Surrender" and "1983"


I liked the way Tyler did some narration before starting a song. For one, before bringing us back to 1983, he said he was born on 20th November 1983 and when in his mother's womb, a voice told him he wants him to feel something running through his veins!LOL

Tyler was so crazy on stage! From some whacky dance moves to narrative storyline of a song, everything was just superb!

Somehow he kinda reminds me of Ben Romans when he played the keyboard:)

just look at him!

groove to the music

ah! this was the part where he said "I suddenly have the urge to dance with you" and started dancingXD

sadly, I can't put into words what I'm imagining the situation to be.. but something like *in a husky voice* "Rawr" *throw shoes* hahaha something like that

Ben Romans Jr;)

Elaine is one hell of a drummer! You go, girl!

Another narration was before wrapping up their performance with "Animal". It's a story of when he was 16 and went on a date with a girl at some mountain area(I think). They were in love and suddenly, her eyes turned yellow, fangs came out and all the other features that makes her a werewolf.LOL

Everyone became berserk animals rocking to the song!! Awesome shizzz!

The final band for the night was none other than Thirty Seconds To Mars, the highlight of MTVWS this year.

"Well, hello there"

They played quite a number of songs and my favourite was "The Kill", "This Is War" and of course "Closer To The Edge"!! Craziness!

Jared Leto's voice! Indescribable! It's like he doesn't need to put in much effort to do the screaming and high pitch parts and he'll make us go "WOAHHH"



AWESOME fireworks and lightings and there were huge red balls!! I assume they represent Mars;)

He left the stage at around 11pm, leaving it to end with "Closer To The Edge" and all of us were like "Where's  Kings And Queens?" But majority of us left anyway. Not till halfway out the on the walkway, we heard Jared coming back on stage thanking MTV, the crowd, bla bla bla and this time, really ending it with "Kings And Queens".

Everyone was so undecided if they should go back to rock out or not.lol

Somewhere in between their performance, Jared called up this Malay dude in red t-shirt on stage to help him out with a some Malay words. But seems like the dude isn't good with English, for example "Say hello to Malaysia", Jared "Hello to Malaysia!!!", dude in red shirt. It was so damn freaking obvious and malu seyh..

Jared got the dude to teach him how to say "I love you" in Malay but he just couldn't get it right, which in the end, after three or four tries, he gave up and told the dude to say it for him instead.LOL When he(Jared, not the dude) was trying to pronounce the words, it was so cute(in a way)!!

I didn't think Jared Leto was this nice, friendly, cool dude till I saw it for myself at this concert. I've always thought he has this "rockstar character", something like divas, that makes him arrogant and stern and....unfriendly, but cool. But I thought wrong! He's still cool, with all the other traits that I think I'm half a fan of Thirty Seconds To Mars now:)

After Beast's performance, Mic felt dizzy and was on the verge of fainting! So I followed her out of the crowd to the back. Probably the lack of oxygen and the laser-like lightings made her dizzy.

I watched Neon Trees and Thirty Seconds To Mars' performances from the back. Better than none la, if she faint, I'm so dead meat! Certainly won't get to go for concerts anymore.LOL

Feeling much better at the back:)

I look so food-deprive here.LOL

Oh! Did I mention MTV played The Click Five's "Don't Let Me Go" and Simple Plan's "Jet Lag" videos? No? Well, I'm telling you now!!XD

The photo taken above was during the Jet Lag song. Super excited!LOL

After concert, we went mamaking! Melvin could so read my mind! Mic and I were planning to go to Restoran Murni at SS2 after they sent us back, but he suggested that when his sister asked where we should have supper!!


Only when we reached, did I got to know there's a new branch just opposite Sunway Pyramid! Awesome or what?! Have always wanted to try their food, so it was good:D



My drink- Be Happy. I think there's certainly a reason behind the name..Mic and I were a bit too loud in the car after sending Tracy and Hannah back to Sun-U Residence.lol


and this was my food- Roti Hawaii, one of their famous food!

Roti Hawaii is something like murtabak. It has cheese, eggs, chicken, pineapple and the meat in the burger that got smashed(I don't know what's that called.LOL).

It was quite good when hot, but by the time it came, I could only afford to have a couple of mouthfuls. They forgot about my order, so it came late. While waiting, I nipped on Mic's Nasi Goreng Chicken Chop and plus, the weather was so damn freaking colddddd! I was literally shivering and I couldn't speak properly.lmao


All in all, it was an AWESOME day out! Glad that we went with Mel and Mel.haha It's always funner to go concert with friends, no?:D

Let's do it again!!!

Photo credits to official MTV World Stage photos for the concert photos
Photo credits to Michelle for 30STM fireworks photo and mamak photos

1 comment

  1. i had to leave my camera in the car before i entered, dont want it to get confiscated.. end up using the crappy phone on camera :P

    nice show though.. pop shuvit rocked the most, but i enjoyed neon trees :)

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Theme by BD