Social Media

Whose 21st Birthday is it? Hmmm...

IT'S MICHELLE'S 21ST BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!

My family did an advanced birthday celebration for her last Saturday. Since we couldn't give her any surprises because a dinner is what she came down all the way from KL for, we kinda hush hush alot of details.

So, she was pretty much clueless about the birthday celebration..like, what are we gonna do for her 21st (supposed to be special) birthday, what kinda cake we got for her and such. And I think she kinda lost hope already, but that's the point! Strike when she's at the lowest!XD

Plan started after Kids' Church. Lucky she had homework to do at home and decided not to tag along to churchXD

Mum dropped me at Sutera Mall to collect her Mango Delight Secret Recipe cake and off we went to the restaurant where we were going to have our dinner. It's more of a zhi zha place la. Mum placed the food orders earlier, so that she'll have the idea of what we'll be having later and to make decision easier.

The lady was such an asshole. Mum ask what do they have and such and she was like "Wo pu zhi tau, wo pu zhi tau" WTH? You've been working in this restaurant for almost a decade and you say "Wo pu zhi tau"? Crazy woman! As if everyday's a surprise for her..like "Oh, yesterday was fried worms with cereal crumbs, today I got a hint from master chef that made me think it's steamed monkey's balls with soy sauce and tomorrow, hmm..I really don't know! *roll eyes*

So mum proceeded to talk to the boss' son, who suppose to know the menu and the price. That moronic looking fellow also act so stupid. So, he had to call his mum and my mum spoke to her. Thank God the mum didn't had amnesia like the worker and her son.

Then, we stored our precious cake in their smelly raw chicken fridge. I was sooo worried if the cake will take its smell*freaks*

Anyways, we went back home to get dad and the birthday girl for dinner! Upon arriving, ah kong(grandfather), ah ma(grandmother), ah ku(uncle), Aunty Mai Ling(uncle's wife) and ji yi(second aunty) was there already!


Ah ma giving ang pao! "Tak zhi kiang kiang ah.." I suppose she's saying that.lol


trio picture. Not the best one, definitely.

Oh, just to keep you from wondering later..Aunty Mai Ling went to Genting with my uncle a few days back. So, she got us hairbands as souvenirs. At least she had us in mind:)


I must really think carefully if I were to get contact lenses.LOL


first time in a looooong time wearing a hairband! and I don't think it looks good on me at all.

Birthday girl with the rest of the family


from left: Ji yi, Mic, mum, ah ma, ah kong


dad, Mic, ah ku(Uncle Michael), Aunty Mai Ling, Reb

Then my third aunt and cousins came!!


Yi Shuang, Yu Xin, Yu Juin and ah yi (by the way, this picture has been cropped to Mic's preference)


this is the original.LOL The white hair lady is my aunt's mum-in-law


my family:)

Then comes the foooooood! Mum insisted on the longevity noodles. She can't be that superstitious, right? But nevermind lah, as long as she's happy.lol


Longevity noodles..I don't even know if it's the correct name.


Lemon chicken. My ah kong's favourite


Kangkung with belacan!


Nestum sotong!!! Loves!


Tie pan toufu. Some metal board toufu?


Steamed fish with kicap


Abalone mushroom!

After the food, it was time for the cake! About the cake, we told her it was yet another cheap cake from May Flower. Just so you guys know, we don't get expensive cakes for our birthdays since we celebrate among 5 people only and our parents think it's unnecessary to buy pricier cakes.

Since she wanted Secret Recipe's mango cake, I told her we got her May Flower's mango cake instead.LOL She didn't really think much of it though, since it pretty much made sense.


out came the cake!


Reb and I fixing the candles and trying to light them.

We got Mic to wear the party hat too! We only bought one because it's quite expensive! We bought the party hat, twisted candles and the spark candles(which I think look very westerner-ish) from Bugs Party in Sutera.


The wind calmed down after awile:) By the way, those long candles were supposed to have sparks, it had them..but very little=.="


all excited about her cake! She was snapping away while we were singing the birthday song.


making her wish!


getting ready to blow the candles!


*whooosh* I can't type out the sound of blowing candles=.="


Reb insisted on buying this blowing thingy


They must be planning something fishy about the cake size:P


I love this photo! Too bad I'm not in it:(

Glad that though my TGIF-make-her-stand-on-the-chair-and-sing plan didn't make the cut, but she's happy with her 21st birthday celebration. I didn't want it to be another boring birthday, so I tried my best to make it better than the usuals by buying pretty candles and a good cake. Oh! And making a card AND video too! There's presents too!!

Refer to her blog to see the presents:) Lots Of Stuffs

Again, HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY, MICHELLE!!!

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD