Social Media

LIMA '15: LIMA LIMA

Running on zero hours of sleep, welcome to day one of LIMA '15.

*Wondering why zero sleep? Read LIMA '15: Pre-show



The day started with Opening Ceremony at the tarmac, which was a tad bit chaotic cz we were short of Welcome Packs O.o But everything went well...I hope.

Due to busyness and some laziness, no outfit photos of the first two days! Oh no! *breakdown and cry* hahaha As narcissistic as that sounds, it's my first time not having a uniform to don. Take that as an excuse :P

I get a walkie too!

The thought of having a walkie talkie intimidated me initially cz that makes it easy to be found lolol Got used to it quickly and it was kinda fun listening to the others communicating! Sometimes so funny that I get too focused on it and not realize Auntie Daphne waving in front of my face hahaha

Enough of my narcissism and walkie talks. Char was part of the media team this LIMA and having her desk behind mine, I usually peep at her doing media work cz it's so interesting! Interesting as in very different from what we usually do. I was wondering what she was doing with the templates, placing logos, writing VIP names...and this was it!!!

proud of my friend, had to take this photo haha


You guys may not think it's a big deal, but mind you, I've encountered many people who are not spacing-sensitive. What I mean by that is, bad word placement..ie. too left, too right, too..etc. Sooo, not everyone can do this, which somehow made me very proud that my friend's work is projected on the screens which almost everyone looks at hehe

Knowing beforehand that our awesome ex-bosses, Mr. Fairul and Mr. Haswan (from both LIMA '11 | LIMA '13) would be in town for LIMA, I was thrilled to see them! They came in on a helicopter, mind you. Grand entrance much? haha But apparently they met Gup and Char when they arrived before the trade day..not me. I mean, come on, I was pretty much the easiest to find, being stagnant in the office. Booo! Fine, so maybe I was having lunch when they came by..but still!!

Remember these guys?
[Mr. Haswan, LIMA '11; Mr Fairul, LIMA '13]

Just as I was done bitching about it to Umul (hahaha) while working on some lists for the exhibitors, she pointed out that Mr. Fairul just walked in! Excitedly, I met him then and asked for Mr. Haswan cz he was nowhere to be seen.

Made a phone call while walking towards the Finmeccanica chalet (where he was supposedly at), but hung up as soon as I realized it was time for the airshow and the planes were loooooud! I stopped by to watch the show for a bit and when I randomly turned to my right, guess who I found watching the airshow too? MR. HASWANNNNN!!!

I got a huggg! hehehe He was like *looks at watch* "Now only find me laaa?". Pfft. More like now only meet me when they met Gup and Char the day before *roll eyes*.

Followed him into the chalet for a bit and that was like my first time everrrrr stepping foot in a chalet! I usually don't have business there, so I pass by the chalets a lot, but never once entered. Now I know how one looks like on the inside #jakun hahaha

busy busy

Tagged alongside the Weststar people to the DSA booth and all the sulking ended when I was offered iced coffee hahaha It was something I really needed as I was running on no sleep. Two and a half (another half was stolen by Shay, thanks) glasses of iced coffee later, I was totally fine for the rest of the day! So, thank you, Mr. Haswan :)

Hung around for a bit, Gup came over to chit chat a little before I had to go back to work work. Sudden emotional feeling struck, realizing how much I've missed having these two around. They were both like our father and crazy uncle, very dependable and hilarious at the same time. This LIMA without them, we were like crazy chicks running around aimlessly hahaha Kidding, we ran around with aim.

***

The following day was craaaazy! An accident happened and I had to accompany Vern to KL, 5pm flight. (Thank you, Vern's mom for sending me back to my hostel!) Flight back to Langkawi was the following morning, which I completely missed my alarm..cz it's been awhile since I got to properly sleep hahaha Good thing I have a habit of setting my alarm to ring 2 hours before I have to leave, so I wasn't late late...and Michelle managed to wake me up. To think I actually set my phone to vibration mode too, can you believe it? *face palm* Michelle picked me up, equipped with breakfast and drove me to KLIA2 hehe Thank you!

Oh, and guess what? Right after agreeing to Miss Azlin to accompany Vern back to KL, a siren went off in my head as it struck me that I was gonna miss the Official Reception!!!!! *wails*

It being my first invitation ever to the reception, I excitedly packed my pretty cheongsam since the theme was ASEAN. I felt rather disappointed, but Vern's my friend...so he was more important. Although knowing him, he would've made me stay from not wanting to trouble me (which was why I kept my disappointment to myself lol)

Pictures below shows a gist of what I missed :'(



Mike needs to learn sitting etiquette :P




with the Minister of Defense & wife

***

While waiting for our flight, I couldn't help myself but to doze off hahaha Vern was trying to catch up on life, but I was just way too tired that my head was drooping every few minutes LOL I guess I was too busy with work that the tiredness didn't quite hit me, but once I stopped, my body just goes to recharge mode :/

Flew back to sweet Langkawi, picked up by sweet friends. Actually, more like Umul came with the Serena and the rest just hopped on so they can get Starbucks from the airport hahaha Took the Serena and rushed back to the hotel to get ready for work. Didn't take me long to shower, get dressed and slab on makeup ;) ;)

all made up

Right before I left Langkawi, I got Faris, Maymun and Fatin Nabila to be "me" while I was gone. Thank you, Faris for standing by just in case anything related to my LO team popped up and helping me coordinate things while I was gone :* :* Also thanks to Maymun and Fatin Nabila for helping me with the delegates' list for the exhibitors :* :* So happy they were in my team, very reliable and proactive people hehehe

It was a rather free day, having it being the last trade day. Aizad wanted us to fill up the ballroom for the forum with the Minister of Defense. So off we went!

While in there, I sent a message to my team's Whatsapp group saying something along the lines of "Fun stuff at Ballroom 1, guys! Come join us!". I was laughing my butt off when they actually got excited and made a beeline for it...and upon reaching, they realized it's a freaking forum HAHAHAHA I felt bad, but hey, it was effective! :P

an insightful forum

Oh, did you know Huda(my Form 6 friend) joined us for LIMA toooooooo?!!! Super happy cz it's been a long time since we met! She made plans to fly from Indonesia(exchange programme) at a rather last minute... just for LIMA! Such determination!

huda hudaaaaa!

Huda was part of the conference team, so we barely bump into each other. But we did anyway! hehe Hope you enjoyed and experienced for yourself whatever we've been non-stop talking about since in Form 6 hahaha

***


The following two days were public days, which meant the LO department would be reshuffled and appointed to different departments from being out of jobs after trade days. Most of us went to Registration for crowd control and tagging; some handled the Career Day program; and the rest went with Operations.

I went with the Registration cz most of my people were there(as in LO team), and it was fun to meet the public! Only drawback was having Suren as head hahahaha Juuuust kidding, Uncle Suren (kidding 40%, serious 60% hahaha) :P

Instead of selling the tickets like in 2011, I went back to my 2013 job- tagging. Basically, ensure everyone is tagged- tag kids and elderly(free) and help adults(paid) who doesn't know how to wear the tags lolol

At the end of the day, half of the volunteers got to go to Resorts World Langkawi, where we went on a ferry ride! Yay! hahaha

Out of topic: I guess one of the plus points to being petite is that I can get piggyback rides! hahaha Don't worry, I did it after the exhibition closed. Completely professional :P

to the office!

to the exit!

Back to the topic: Because we, the VMDs and a busybody Ean waited for each other before leaving to the port, we missed the bus the volunteers were in! Thank God Adam has a car, in which we all squeezed in hahaha

Special treatment. Buggy ride from entrance to Adam's car.

Previous years we got to go on the KD Jebat ship, so this year they wanted to make it a little different. Although...no one actually paid attention to the warships anchored around cz they were all busy taking photos on the ferry hahaha




In the ferry was when an overly excited Ean stepped on my left foot's middle toe with the heel of his stylish shoe. I cried out in pain and from then onwards, my toenail felt sharply sensitive... I thought it was going to fall off! This LIMA, my feet were really busted, man...7 blisters and a blackened toenail O.o

That night was foot massage night. My feet were in need of a massage, so though it was crazy overpriced- RM50, I did it anyway. I was that desperate! Good thing the massage was so good, I fell asleep halfway through hahaha

foot massage gang- me, Char, Suren, Muiz


a sleepy Suren and an irritated Muiz

Muiz was the last one to be done with the massage. It was hilarious looking at him cz we couldn't tell if he was sleeping or not cz he kept making faces like he was having a bad dream hahahah (He was actually in pain HAHAHAHA).

Soon, it was the final day of LIMA. Bittersweet feeling cz 1) Yay! Work is ending! Sleep, come to mama! 2) I'm gonna miss the people.

I just love my guys lah! My LO peeps were mostly doing tagging, where they were so excited to tag the kids that they silly-ly stood under the hot sun, anxiously waiting for the public at the entrance hahaha I had to tell them time and again to move inwards cz I didn't want them fainting or cause a crowd at the entrance itself. But A+ for effort!

At one point, I was working with Jonas and it made me feel un-special hahaha Countless locals wanted a photo with him while I either just stepped aside or offered to be the cameraman :'( Pfft...one lady was nice enough to want me in the photo too though! hehehehe Smart move, woman!

one with Tahahaha and the public at the back

lunch time with Umul

Ean bought me Boost! :D

After lunch, I took the opportunity to go to the tarmac since I haven't got to explore!!! Yes, on the last day! I didn't get to go on the Eurofighter Typhoon (after THREE freaking LIMAs!), or watch a complete airshow this time round. I had to at least step foot on the tarmac to see the static planes!

Called Gup, dragged the very free Huda and stole Asif from the Info Counter to accompany me to the tarmac hahaha





Gup left after a bit from not being in the mood. All is well though! Jonas messaged and I told him to quickly come over to the tarmac hahaha Then we also bumped into Badrul :D

with the German

I completely ruined this picture with my awkward pose, didn't I? hahahaha #sorrynotsorry

US Air Force. The Japanese dude was a huge hit with the public :P


US Navy

A little story related to the US Navy. The one in blue uniform (middle) quizzed us on the US' Independence Day. I was on the phone and wasn't paying attention while Asif and Badrul got ready to Google on their phones. As I hung up, thinking he asked for the independence year, I didn't even try. Not till he said "..date" and talked about fireworks, I was like "Oh! 4th of July?". DING DING DING! I earned myself a P-8A Poseidon patch hehehehe

dancing Badrul


The ticketing counter closed slightly earlier that day, so we went cleared up the ticketing counters and back into the Registration Hall! The registration team had to clear up the office and do some accounts from the tickets sold..but not me! :P Thank God Suren only trusted his original team with the ticketing. Staying back to count money is soooo boooringggg hahaha I know cz I had to do it for my part time sales job 2 years ago. Eww..

thank you for the drink, Uncle Suren!

Collected my free drink from the office and skipped happily to the Organiser Office to clear up my beloved desk space :( I'm out of job again! lolol

 view from Miss Azlin's table

Not long after, the volunteers were asked to gather at the Pre-Function Room for MD's speech, photo-taking and....allowance payment!!! $$$$$$$$$

us! (excluding Registration team who were late)


Faris, my personal assistant


Char, Tim, Muvin, Moose..and a peeking Manuel hahaha

Special thanks to Moose for the powerbank! Apparently the Minister of Transport gave out Pineng powerbanks during a conference and since Moose was part of the conference team, he took one for me tooooo! Awwww :')








Found the perfect timing to take a nice photo of 'The Gang'. It was about time we took a proper nice family photo for our Whatsapp group hahaha

one of my favourite picture.
when Gup confidently shouted for Faris..Aizat.
(our Faris is Faris Ashraf hahaha)

my favourite people ♥♥♥

out of focus

a very distracted Faris

♥♥♥


paycheck time by Aizad and Amir (who looks very auntie here hahaha)

As per the LIMA Volunteers custom, we had a party that night! Barbecue and pretty lanterns that filled the night sky (pollution :P).





happy faces :)

how pretty is that!

It's so great getting to meet all these people, working with them...getting to know them. The friendships and acquaintances made in only a week made me really happy.

A few months prior and up till LIMA, I was pretty down. Looked forward to it so much because being there was what I truly liked (hint: back for the 3rd time). Not only did I know the workload, the adrenaline rush from it and just the tight schedule would take my mind off of things...but I also knew I'd be working with my friends and meet awesome new people too. And I was right :)

I surprised myself cz no matter how drained I was from lack of sleep, when I saw the volunteers I'd automatically be happy and smiley (maybe cz for once I wasn't friendless hahahahaha). But yeah, it was nice that it happened that way or I wouldn't have been able to operate with such little/no sleep.

Thanks to everyone who was on the LIMA journey with me. Although not for long, but it was enough to make me realize I'm finally happy again. I'm back, bitches! XD


Miss me yet? :P


Disclaimer: Some images are taken from Umul, Tim, Char, Huda, Taha and Muiz. Thanks, guys! :*

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD