Social Media

Mikey's Original New York Pizza

Fast forward a few months since its opening, I finally got to step foot into Mikey's Original NY Pizza, Bangsar- the rather new standalone pizza parlour.


Been wanting to give the pizzas a try since I found out about this new pizza parlour a few days after its opening, but never got the company lol I didn't wanna go by myself cz then I wouldn't be able to have a taste of more food hahaha

My wish came true when Michelle and her friend, Izlan wanted to go sometime last week! 


There's plenty of seats to cater to its customers, both regular tables and bar tables/high chairs. High chairs are intimidating cz I'm afraid I'll fall off the chair while pushing myself to the front :/ So climb up at your own risk :P

chef in white is the master chef from New Jersey who has more than 20 years of experience in pizza making

view from above :P


wall of fame

There's NINE types of pizza to choose from, have fun choosing! They have Special Pizza of the Month too...so that means there's TEN! They have the cheesy, the classic to the crazy spicy...and this month's pizza was Mac & Cheese mmmmm..


The crazy spicy aka 9-1-1 Pizza is apparently the spiciest in Asia and has a challenge where you practically just swallow the entire pie in 40 minutes! The successful challengers will win RM500, a voucher for any whole pizza, a Mikey's t-shirt, a Mikey's cap and have their photo on the Wall of Fame.

Initially only the first challenger gets the RM500, but they have made it an ongoing prize for now...which is awesome! If you can eat a lot and withstand crazy spiciness, all you need to do is eat fast fast and the prizes and MONEYYY is yours!!!

Their pizza also comes in half-half, meaning you can order a whole pie and have 2 flavours instead of just one.


An Ave B sign is given upon placing our order, just like a 'table number'. You can camwhore with it as much as you want till your orders arrive cz they'll take it back :P


huge wall mirror- best part about sitting on the high chairs hehe

We purchased 4 slices of pizza and chose to have 2 upgrades. What this means is..if you upgrade your purchase by adding a certain amount, you get a side + drink. Our upgrades were:
Upgrade 1, add on RM12- A slice of pizza + Brooklyn Waffle Fries + Soft Drink
Upgrade 2, add on RM13- A slice of pizza + Boneless Buffalo Chicken Wings + Soft Drink

Boneless Buffalo Chicken Wings (RM12.88)

Coated with Mikey's signature buffalo sauce and served with homemade blue cheese dipping sauce, this side came as an unexpected surprise...the smell and taste, that is.

Before eating my food, I have a habit of sniffing first. When I took a sniff off the chicken chunk on my fork, I almost teared up. It smelled of a smelly cheese, very pungent and it stings my nose..like how wasabi stings, except it smells different.

I had the shock of my life cz Buffalo wings are Joe's favourite, so I described my experience to him. And to what I figured.. it's must be the secret sauce, on top of the blue cheese dip. Unlike the ones Joe love, they have different sauces. I don't think I'll ever order that again haha

I see it more as I'm not used to the smell cz I can't bring myself to appreciate Blue Cheese. It may be yummy to others, for example durian smells so good to us, but not to foreigners. So try it out anyway, you might like it!

Brooklyn Waffle Fries (RM12.88)

So many thumbs up for this "disco fries" as they call it. In the description, it says "smothered in cheddar cheese", which is nothing but the truth! They're not stingy with the cheese at all! Usually what restaurants do is just coat the top layer with cheese and serve. Not them. Every layer of stacked waffle fries is a generous layer of cheese! The fries can't breathe from the suffocation! hahaha

I love the rich beef gravy that came with it too, goes perfectly well together! :D They have 5 choices of waffle fries, which I will check out the rest the next time I'm back.

Pizza Bianco (RM10.88/slice)

I had Pizza Bianco, the chef's favourite! Bianco is basically 4-cheese pizza with mozzarella, ricotta, cheddar and goat cheese.


I don't normally order 4-cheese pizzas cz it gets too filling for me, but since Michelle and Izlan ordered the others I wanted to try, might as well I order something else to try.


I'm on the fence for this one, I liked it cz it's surprisingly not as filling as I expected. I didn't get the too-full-feel-like-vomiting feeling when I'm done and I could still eat some more sides if I wanted to! So that's a good thing hehe It tasted good too, with all the awesome cheeses...so glad there wasn't any smelly cheese lol

However, I didn't like the crust. Somehow my Bianco's crust was rather thick and hard..took me some time ripping the pizza with my teeth and chewing.

Not sure what cheese it was, I'm thinking either the goat cheese or ricotta was slabbed on the pizza, one huge lump LOL I spread it out cz I wouldn't like eating the entire thick layer when I came to it haha I like being proportional.


Ever since I read of Mikey's, I've wanted to try one drink and that's the New York Egg Cream! Apparently it's a famous NY drink and they finally brought it over! I didn't know what to expect although egg does sound kinda disgusting as a drink, but I got it anyway!

New York Egg Cream (RM9)

I have a love-hate feeling towards this drink. It's chocolate milk with soda, I think...at least that's what it tasted like. It tastes good, but has a weird after-taste which I didn't like. My brain couldn't process the taste, so I was rather frustrated with every sip I take haha Interesting though XD

The Tony Soprano (RM15.88/slice)

Tony Soprano is everybody's favourite pepperoni pizza!! Okay, I'm just assuming everyone loves pepperoni cz pepperonis are awesome \m/ Described as a classic union of Italian and American specialties- meatballs, sliced steak(!!!), pepperoni(!!!!!!), roasted peppers, roasted garlic and topped with mozzarella cheese.

This was Michelle's and it was ❤LOVE❤ I just love pepperoni pizzas la, but this was...I should've ordered this hahaha Only thing about this pizza was that the crust was too soft and flimsy haha Total opposite of mine! The cheese along with all the toppings were slimy(in a good way) and so yummy to eat!


Classic New York Pizza (RM8.88/slice), Meatball Pizza (RM10.88/slice)

When in doubt, I usually go for Classic NY Pizza cz one can never go wrong with that, I feel. Izlan got both the Classic and Meatball Pizza which pretty much tasted the same to me..except the meatball one has meatballs la.

The Meatball Pizza is Mikey's favourite! While I feel that those 2 pizzas tastes similar, the meatball one is yummier cz there's meatballs. But if you like classic NY pizzas, this one is worth the buy too.


What's weird about the crusts..mine was hard, Mich's was too soft, but both of Izlan's pizza were just right lolol What's going onnnn? haha


My favourite food during this trip was the Brooklyn Waffle Fries. That's definitely worth a try, so gogogogogogo!!!

The pizzas were good, but I can get better/on par pizzas out there that may have a cheaper price tag elsewhere. Maybe I set too high an expectation prior to my visit(a bad habit of mine), but I was slightly disappointed. It doesn't suck, but with all the rave about it..I just wish it was tastier. I would still go back there nevertheless :)


Mikey's Original New York Pizza
Opening hours: Monday-Sunday, 12pm-11pm

ps: Mikey's is available for delivery too!!

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD