Social Media

Get A Life

Beginners 2 Russian class presentation (about my trip to Russia)

Oh, no! One week flew by without me realizing!

Well, I guess this means there will be two posts this week (hoping to not make the same mistake).

Just a little update before I get into heavier-and-more-informative topics in the following posts, I've been MIA because of....work. Yes, yes, I should learn to make time and stick to my schedule. After all, I shouldn't be working 24/7 and to actually have a life outside of work.

Here's a bit of background. I joined the two-year L'Oréal Management Trainee program in October 2018 and just passed my one year mark! Yahoo! It felt like forever, but at L'Oréal, it also felt like it all happened in a blink of an eye. The irony.

*Note: Not going into the details of my work in this post.

So at the beginning of getting into the workforce, I had plans. Plans to strike a work-life balance, plans to have a life outside of work, plans to not bring home work.

I signed up for a Russian language class (да, здравствуйте!), made some YouTube videos, I went to work and got home pretty much on time, traveled some whenever I can. Honestly, the only "activity" I did outside of work was Russian class, and that was enough anchor to keep me contented.

For once, I actually enjoyed doing homework LOL I like learning because I want to, not because I have to. On top of that, my teacher and classmates were a good bunch to have around in class.

Well, that all went to shit in May 2019 as I got too busy with work and well, couldn't leave the office on time. Skipping classes meant throwing money away, so I took the Russian Intermediate 1 final exam and quit.

Sad.

Work has been a steep learning curve and a lot of fun. Feels like I've grown quite a bit in the last year in terms of work and I like having the colleagues I have. But tsk... it just has to throw my work-life balance off course and it's pretty much non-existent now.

So the question is, how can I get back the balance?

The plan is to rejoin Russian class and pick up where I left off. It will just take a bit more determination and discipline to leave work on time on the days I have class.

I can do this.

If you don't have a life, get one. For your sanity.

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD