Social Media

I Want Sauce

Hi.

Today I would like to write about my favourite barbecue sauce in the whole world.


You see, barbecue sauces aren't my favourite so I usually opt for something else if I could. I don't like that translucent dark brown sauce that has a mild smokey taste, but mostly sweet and ever-so-slightly sour.

Then I went to the United States. And I went to Western Washington University. And I went to the dining hall. And right there in a stainless steel sauce can, arranged between ketchup and mustard sauce was a label plastered "Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce".

Instinctively, I opted for good 'ol ketchup to go with the hot, freshly deep fried fries. But on one random day, I had a pump of this barbecue sauce on my plate beside two pumps of ketchup, a pump of mayonnaise, and two squeezes of Sriracha sauce. And since then, the Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce has been a staple of my plate of fries...or on the burger patty...or with nuggets. (Yeah, if I like a sauce, I put it with everything... like sambal kicap - OMG, salivate!)

The Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce has a more genuine-ish smokiness to it (like someone if barbecuing something and you take that smoke and put it in a bottle LOL), tastes sour-ish and very mildly sweet. The texture and colour is more of a thick dark reddish-brown, tiny bit grainy (if I remember correctly) consistency and almost not translucent at all.

Anyway, I had to come back to Malaysia, a land where you can find all sorts of food, both local and international. But we don't import Sweet Baby Ray's!!! My stupid brain forgot to buy a few bottles of this sauce that I came to love so much. Sure, my bags were overweight, but stuffing in a few extra bottles of Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce isn't gonna make much of a difference... I was gonna pay the overweight baggage fees anyway.

I came back with a heavy heart...because I didn't bring back my freaking sauce (and because I had to part ways with my friends, of course. But that's besides the point)! I can still picture the rows filled with it at Target and Fred Meyers, but when I open my food stash cupboard, I see none of those! *sobs dramatically*

Okay, being a bit dramatic here but it's that time of the month and I WANT MY SWEET BABY RAY'S BARBECUE SAUCE!

Being in a globalized era, I feel fortunate to have online shopping sites and international shipping being carried out. I fired up the amazing Amazon.com and slammed the alphabets into the search bar. *Que heavenly music* With sparkly eyes and impatient index finger on the mouse, I opened two tabs of Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce - 18oz (pack of 2) and 1 gallon. The latter is tempting as hell.



Then it's stated "international shipping not available".



WHUT.

Wait...wha....t?

International shipping not available?! Why?! WHYYYY?!!! Globalization, my butt!

The moment of heartbreak is so real, guys. I feel so empty and life is meaningless.

I just want my Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce. Why is it so difficult? I'm not asking for a diamond ring.

*sigh*

Guess this means I'll just have to go back to the United States. Or Sweet Baby Ray's could do this desperate fan a favour and ship a couple over. I could be a future franchisee, I don't know.. anything is possible in this day and age, right? hahaha

Okay, back to work. Bye, guys. Heartbreakers.

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD