Social Media

Urban Decay | Gwen Stefani Collection

Urban Decay recently collaborated with Gwen Stefani to produce a makeup collection and it's finally coming to Malaysia! It's set to be in stores on 11th March at the Urban Decay Flagship Store, KLCC!

I had the chance to preview the collection before it officially launch in Malaysia, so let your eyes feast!


Think Gwen Stefani('s makeup) and immediately perfect porcelain skin, black winged eyeliner and bold red lips comes to mind. On closer inspection, I notice light contouring and structured brows too. All in all, a classic look every woman wears from time to time.

No doubt (pun maybe intended) the collection include bold red lipsticks with matching lip pencils, light contouring powders and a brow box! There's also an eyeshadow palette to complete the set!

(Source: Yahoo.com)

I read that UD and Gwen worked on the collection for over a year to ensure the development of products come to fruition like how she wants it to be, from colours to formulas and even packaging.

(Source: UD Facebook)

The collection would not only appeal to fans of the singer, but also non-fans as well because....LOOK AT THE PACKAGING! You don't have to love her to love the packaging hahaha

The collection is sleek and simple, yet edgy- designs inspired by her love for black and white graphic prints and antique gold accents.

For those who don't fall prey for product packaging, it may not be thaaat appealing to you...unless you're a makeup hoarder as they have new shades for your face!



The UDxGwen Eyeshadow Palette comes in 15 variation of everyday neutrals and night-glam colours, in mattes and shimmers! With shade names based on her songs, 12 of the shades are brand new, while three are from existing UD collection.

My favourites are Steady, a medium rose with metalic gold shift; Punk, a reddish brown matte; and Baby, a cool metallic rose. Anaheim (matte taupe/light brown), Stark (matte light brown/caramel) and Zone (matte medium brown) would be great as transition or blending colours.

Whether you want to create a natural day look, smokey eyes for the night, or glittery eyes just because (Pop is huge on glitter)..,you can have it! You can even have gold on your eyes! LOL 1987 is a true yellow gold.


The moment I saw the collection online, it was the UDxGwen Blush Palette I was the most excited for! They look like colours I'd wear, not too loud or muted besides having contour shades and a highlight shade as well. I found that the powders are sheer, requiring to build up to the intensity you want.


Cherry. A satin light pink which can be a blusher for those with fair to medium skin, but I think it'd be too light for darker skin.

Easy. A deep rose with gold shimmer would be a good all-round blusher which reminds me a little bit of NARS' Orgasm blush.

Angel. A champagne highlight.

Lo-Fi. A soft bronze matte for contouring.

Hush. A coral with gold shimmer.

OC. An orangey light brown which can be used as a natural blush or light contouring for fair skin.


Gwen Stefani = bold red lips (and occasional nude lips).

The UDxGwen Lipsticks has a lineup of eight new shades with matching 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencils! Loud reds, deep fuchsia and a sheer nude, it basically screams Gwen!

I only saw four during the preview, so I'm not sure if the rest will join the launch. 714 is of a mega matte formula (UD's new formula); Rock Steady, Spiderweb, Wonderland and *Firebird are creams. Phone Call, *Ex-Girlfriend and *Plaid are sheers.

Note: (*) were shades not available at the preview.

The lipsticks are all very pigmented, just like how UD's lipsticks are in general. Don't be fooled by the term "sheer" cz UD's definition of sheer is, well, quite misleading haha At least to me, it's a pigmented sheer.



Brows. Brows gotta be on point at all times.

Gwen curated a UDxGwen Brow Box containing little tools needed to perfect them brows even if you're traveling!

The Brow Box comes with a wax to tame the wild strands, two brow powder shades, mini tweezers, two mini angled brushes (shade and sculpt) and two mirrors, one of which magnifies.

The powders are meant for dark/light blondes, which are claimed to be versatile for a range of blondes and brunettes. I didn't try it cz my brows were perfect that day and I didn't want to remove them hahaha I'm pretty sure the powders would match Asian hair (blacks/browns) too.



***
*Stale news section*

The Urban Decay flagship store in KLCC opened its doors last October! It's the first UD standalone store in Malaysia, a separate entity to Sephora. (If Sephora ran out of UD products you want, just hop over to the flagship store! They also carry products not available in Sephora i.e. 24/7 Concealer Pencil)

I got the opportunity to attend their launch party at Phuture, Zouk KL! No, I wasn't invited for being a famous personality, more like I had to work for it through a contest on the UD Facebook page. 

The task was to do a party look, state who I'd bring with me to the party and why I should win. Sounds easy, but it took me some time convincing myself that I stood a chance before I got around the idea of submitting an entry.

With my favourite beauty guru, Michelle Phan as reference and affirmation, I whipped out my makeup products, brushes and came up with this Midnight Luster-inspired look!



Started very punctually, there were performances by Hunny Madu & co. and SonaOne. The rest of the evening were lots of standing around, finger food eating and mocktails-cocktails-champagne drinking. Yum!




New products introduction by makeup artist, Steve Kassajikian (who has perfect brows!)



Lipgloss touch-up!

At registration, we were given three cards with words "Fun", "Dangerous" and "Feminine" to choose from, which would determine our door gifts later on. Both of us picked "Fun" though my instincts told me to take "Feminine". You'll see why later.

door gift redemption


At the Fun redemption counter, we got to lucky-dip three times and got full sized waterliners, lipglosses and lipsticks! I looked over to the Feminine counter and they were giving out NAKED3 palettes! Fml lolol Okaylah, cannot be so ungrateful hahaha

Sheer Revolution Lipstick (Anarchy), Revolution High-Gloss Lipgloss (Bittersweet), 24/7 Waterline Eye Pencil (Legend)

***

Get your Gwen look on!

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD