Social Media

2015, you've been good.

Happy New Year, you!

2015 flew by pretty fast, didn't it? At least for me it did!

Time definitely flies when you're having fun and that's how I spent the year 2015. So I didn't manage to fulfill my one and only resolution- to learn to swim. It's expected because I don't believe in new year resolutions, it just doesn't work for me. If I wanna do something, I do it then and there.

Anywho, let's focus on things I accomplished last year (not so much on things I didn't heheh)! In no particular order, flashback time!

1. I changed my blog name!
In my 'About Me' page, I mentioned why I settled for 'Nay, Honey'. I wanted something with my name in it, yet witty in a way. Like it? hehe I shall design a proper header in 2016!


2. LIMA for work!
Most of March was spent in Langkawi for work and fun! I definitely learnt a lot more this time round and I'm super grateful for the opportunity to be part of the Volunteer Leaders team :)


3. Getting into fitness
I actually started working out before entering university, then I stopped. Got back into the game this year (although slacking at the moment...whoops!) cz I wanted to be healthy. I love the feeling of accomplishment when the 'Workout Complete' sign comes up after a 30-minute cardio hahaha And the muscle pain the following day can be quite addictive...like, if doesn't hurt, I didn't do enough! O.o


4. Discovered shawarma
One of my favourite food now, it was introduced by Anis and Taha in Langkawi. I'm freaking hooked on it! BUT, I'm very picky cz they trained me well by bringing me only the tastiest shawarmas. Man, I really miss the shawarma from Yasmin's Shawarma on Cenang Beach :( Thank God there's good ones in Bukit Bintang (Aleppo Shawarma) and Malacca (Dima Restaurant) too.


5. Made/remade friends
Being an introvert, I don't go out of my way to make friends (my small social circle or just being by myself is sufficient). But over at LIMA I met many awesome people and made some really good friends, where it's always full of fun and laughter when we meet :) We had a birthday surprise, made trips to touristy sites during the weekends, even gathered to break fast with the Muslims too!

Also in 2015, I reconnected with some high school friends. My main clique meet every few months, but people I knew existed in high school but not super close to...we kinda gel now!


6. First time in Sarawak
My first time ever in East Malaysia in general! Thanks to Mich's business trip, I managed to reap some benefits in terms of cheaper airfare and covered accommodation hehehe Although it wasn't that great of a trip, it's never a wasted one when it comes to exploring new grounds. You always discover something new!


7. Cycled for the first time in 5 years!
Yup, you read that right. As much as I love cycling, I haven't touched a bicycle in 5 years! That's till I found company to go on a cycling outing in Putrajaya! I still enjoyed cycling, but I need more time on the bike (kinda unstable now :P).


8. MTV World Stage LIVE
I liked how chill Char and I were about the concert. We went just for the sake of "spicing up" our days since we're so busy working/studying. Even better when both of us had mamak in mind as after-party! Mmmmmm! hahaha


9. Banana Boat experience
Banana Boat was the second choice to parasailing (since I didn't get to do it), but I had so much fun cz it was banana boating with a bunch of close friends!


10. Attended Urban Decay's Launch Party
This, I have a blog post which is loooong overdue hahaha I won a pair of invites to Urban Decay's official launch in Malaysia! Also marked my first time stepping into a club (Zouk, KL), minus the clubbing experience cz it was a launch party event. Super happy to attend cz got free door gift- makeup!!


11. Jumping off a boat
Never in my life did I envisioned myself stepping onto a boat to spend half a day at sea. Thanks to the LIMA organizers, I got the chance to get on board a day cruise! It was a pretty good experience, though my mom would kill me if she knew :X


12. Volunteered at Malaysian Open
Bored at home one day, my desperation got me Googling for events with volunteering opportunities. Stepped out of my comfort zone (I don't like applications/interviews/people I don't know being able to reach me lol), I scored the job and volunteered at the Malaysian Open, KL 2015 (a tennis tournament)! Learnt how the sport is played and overall, a good experience :D


13. Cherubim was born!
No, he's not my child LOL He's my long-awaited cousin!!! My uncle and aunt waited 10 years for a baby and God blessed them with this super adorable, quick-action, chubby-cheek little baby angel (I'm not making it up, that's really his name).


14. Content writing
Had the legit opportunity to type out some sentences which earned me experience, some cash and confidence in my writing (although I know there's tonnes to improve on). Glad I took the shot though I was super nervous :)


15. Moving on
2015 started off a little rocky emotional-wise. The accomplishment of being able to move on is a significant one. I never wrote about my dark days, picking up the pieces but it was one hell of an experience. It taught me many things (including dealing with an individual hovering over me even after I've long moved on). So much happier now and I'm just really thankful for the few people who were there, dealing with me bawling my eyes out lol



Last night I told God to equip me with more knowledge and experience in 2016. Immediately, I wondered what did I get myself into because to gain experience, you suffer in one way or another first (by making mistakes is how you learn) hahaha Let's just hope I survive :P

2015 was a great year! Family and friends made it so, although of course I should give myself credit for my willingness to take chances :P Most of all, I'm just really grateful for the experiences gained in 2015 and I hope 2016 will beat it by being better (although there's no Tim and Tom in 2016...boo! :( haha).

Have a great new year, guys!

2 comments

  1. Really enjoyed this post! It's nice how you can write about something in an interesting way and it doesn't even matter if you make the text long or short! Keep going girl! :)

    P.S. I've nominated you for Liebster Award (check my blog), if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Thanks for sharing this. For online shopping discount codes please try TwinkleDeals Coupons for buying any product online. I tried it and get 40% Discount on my all products. Try this. Its amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Theme by BD