Social Media

MyTwoCents: Clinique Cheek Pop Blush


New in my makeup bag is the Clinique Cheek Pop Blush in Ginger Pop! Reason behind the buy was 1) my NYX Powder Blush hardened up, and 2) I wanted a coral blush.

The Cheek Pop blushes came out last year, which makes me pretty late to the party. It just goes to show I'm not a trend follower :P The good in that would be the available material for research purposes now that I really needed a blusher!

Packaging. Comes in a simple acrylic case, the blush is molded into a flower imprint. Despite the pretty appearance, it wasn't an impulse buy cz I needed one that really works :P



Shade selection. As of August 2015 in the USA, it comes in 12 shades - (old) Ginger Pop, Peach Pop, Berry Pop, Plum Pop; (new) Pink Pop, Melon Pop, Pansy Pop, Nude Pop, Cola Pop, Fig Pop, Rosy Pop, Heather Pop.

With that said, we only have 4 of the old shades available in Malaysia currently. I went with Ginger Pop as opposed to Peach Pop cz I found it coralier/more reddish hue than pink. They're all shimmery, but not too crazy that makes your face shine like a diamond LOL It gives a healthy glow to the skin, luminous in a way.

(yellow light)

(white light)

Texture. The Cheek Pop blushes have a unique texture. Not exactly powder, yet not cream either...feels like mousse to me. It feels very smooth to the touch and no powdery flakes when swirled with a brush (no tapping needed)! That's great cz it means less/no product wastage!


Intensity. Takes a bit of effort to build the intensity, so you can never go wrong even when using a heavy hand upon application (and risk looking like Saw or um, Anpanman).

As described on its website, "...that just-pinched look, simply effortless.". True that.

Lastingness. My combination-oily skin shortens the longevity of blush and foundation on my face, so I did my research and found this blush discussed by makeup Youtubers who loved its texture and long-lastingness.

The blush lasts quite a good amount of time on me, definitely longer than my powder blushes (usually 2-3 hours max). However, it still boils down to the foundation if I wanted a good 6 hours in. If my foundation fades, this fades along with it..and vice versa. My best with this blush was around 6 hours.

*Low quality photos below cz bad room lighting, apologies for that.
**Face products: Benefit Porefessional, MAC Pro Longwear Foundation (NC25), Tarte Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder, Clinique Cheek Pop Blush (Ginger Pop)

no blush

with blush

leftover blush after 6 hours

Price: RM83, although I purchased it for RM66.40 with Sephora's 20% discount. Make use of the discounts they have from time to time!!

Worth the buy? Yes, if you have problem with fading blushes or you're a blush hoarder (cz it's rather unique). Otherwise, you can get cheaper alternative of blushes.

Where to buy? Clinique kiosks/stores/website & Sephora


Get your blush on!
Which is Cheek Pop colour do you like most? Leave it in the comments!

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD