Social Media

Birthday gift ideas, anyone?

Joe's birthday is coming soon and I plan to mail a few things to him tomorrow. I haven't got his birthday present as I really don't know what to buy, plus I kinda planned to present him with me this year. But so far, I have not gotten my visa as I still don't have anything to show the embassy people my ties with my country and RM512 is a lot to risk it.

I'd usually hand make a card for him, but I feel my cards suck. What's worse is I don't really have ideas for cards, it comes at the very last minute..do as I go kinda way. This time I don't know where to start.

So, I Googled for inspiration. Came across 'The Perfect Birthday Gift for Him' on Seventeen magazine's website. I shook my head at a few, thinking it's rather ridiculous and I recognized those listed on the 'What Not To Give List'.

As I scrolled down and glance through, I realized something. Scrapbooks and box-of-memories-together were two of the few most common things given to their boyfriends. I cringed at those at first because guys probably don't appreciate a scrapbook like girls do.

Then came a wave of emotions that made me tear up. It struck me that though it's a rather bad idea for a gift, at least those girls have physical memories of their time spent with their boyfriends. I don't. I don't even have a movie ticket stub to keep as a memorabilia.

When am I ever going to see him? Now that I have saved enough for a round trip, I'm worried for the visa. If only a friend or my sister could come along. Going alone makes them more suspicious *sigh* I don't want to talk about this for now..

What to get him for his birthday?!!!! US Groupon doesn't accept Malaysian debit cards! Now I need ideas..but I'm running out of time.

Doubt anyone's going to give me any idea..Then again, I just wanted to vent here instead of tearing up in the dark.

2 comments

  1. Nice post ! Naomi you seem like quite confused, do not get worried. A quick web search will allow you find websites which deals in offering a huge array of uniquely selected gift items along with dynamic Birthday present ideas which proves to be actually ideal for both men and women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all very cute & neat! I love to do gift baskets! A great grandma one (since they have everything) is "Glad Tidings of Great Joy!" packed with useful Glad storage bags, Tide, & Joy dishwashing liquid...just thought I'd share!

    personalized gifts

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Theme by BD